Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There should be a way of entering a purely PVE version of Cyrodiil

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that Cyrodiil's supposed to be the PVP area within ESO, but I'm mostly just interested in questing, gathering skyshards, and destroying the dark anchors. I don't care about PVP (or at least I won't until I'm done with the rest of what Cyrodiil has to offer).

Doing quests in the various towns in Cyrodiil is a freaking nightmare. Especially when the location of the quest is deep within enemy territory. Your side is losing, you somehow manage to sneak your way over there, someone kills you right when you're about to turn it in and you're all the way back at the *** wayshrine again.

You know what I hate more than anything in Cyrodiil? Having to walk all that *** way again every time I die.

I feel as though this wouldn't be a problem if there was a variant of Cyrodiil that was purely PVE, one exactly like the PVP variant except for the following changes:
  1. Recalling to any transitus shrine is possible.
  2. Transitus shrines and wayshrines can be used by players of all alliances.
  3. Damage can't be dealt to other players.
  4. Players of different alliances can group together.
  5. No alliance owns anything, all icons on the map are the default white.
  6. No PVP related buffs apply.
  7. Alliance points cannot be earned.
  8. Imperial City is not accessible via PVE Cyrodiil.

I believe that these changes would make the game much more enjoyable for people that want to experience Cyrodiil in a more cooperative way.

What do you guys think?
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on November 21, 2015 11:03PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they release a purely pvp version of the rest of tamriel. In all seriousness though there would be an awful lot of useless space, and you can already join an almost purely pve version of cyrodiil in the many buff campaigns. Slightly unrelated; the group finder will put you in groups with members of the enemy factions if you want to pve with them.
    PC | EU
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they release a purely pvp version of the rest of tamriel. In all seriousness though there would be an awful lot of useless space, and you can already join an almost purely pve version of cyrodiil in the many buff campaigns. Slightly unrelated; the group finder will put you in groups with members of the enemy factions if you want to pve with them.

Well, the rest of Tamriel doesn't have the facilities to host PVP (no keeps or resources to capture), so I don't think that would work. Allowing players of different factions in the same zone would be cool though, and allowing them to duel each other would be even cooler.

Useless space...eh, I can see your point. I guess maybe add more content into Cyrodiil to make up for it. You know, fill that space? As for buff campaigns, I'm in EP. We're always losing, no matter what campaign I join.

We only just got the orsinium update on console, and I haven't tried the group finder yet. Does it work only in orsinium, or does it work in other zones too?
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought about the possibility of hiring bodyguards so that my character can visit Cyrodiil and the Imperial City a bit more safely.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about the possibility of hiring bodyguards so that my character can visit Cyrodiil and the Imperial City a bit more safely.

In a PVE environment, that wouldn't be necessary. I honestly don't think people should have to go to those lengths purely for the sake of doing your own thing.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭

In a PVE environment, that wouldn't be necessary. I honestly don't think people should have to go to those lengths purely for the sake of doing your own thing.

Since when Cyrodiil and the Imperial City are pve?
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're not. I'm saying there should be a separate PVE variant of Cyrodiil.
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gods. As a PVE player, I am NOT looking forward to being REPEATEDLY MURDERED by PVPers as I try to quest in so called "enemy" territory. I don't align myself to any faction. I just want to get to know the people of the world and explore the land and learn the story.

This is going to be *** Aion all over again. I would try to quest, and people would run up and attack me. I always had to put all my stats into being able to run away and heal myself so that I wouldn't have to attack any players... SIGH.

Body guards is a great idea, though. But I feel like that would draw attention to us if there was a more visible group. As one person, I might be able to sneak around better...

Maybe I should start naming my characters things like "Please-no-Kill" and "Just-want-to-Quest" or "Ignore-This-PVE-Player"
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • timidobserver
      timidobserver
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I can work with this. We can make a trade. If there were a way to enter a solely PvP version of the PVE maps, then we can have a way to enter a purely PVE version of the PvP Maps.
      V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
      V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
      V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
      V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
      V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Azurephoenix999
      Azurephoenix999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I can work with this. We can make a trade. If there were a way to enter a solely PvP version of the PVE maps, then we can have a way to enter a purely PVE version of the PvP Maps.

Please refer to the comment I made earlier:

Well, the rest of Tamriel doesn't have the facilities to host PVP (no keeps or resources to capture), so I don't think that would work. Allowing players of different factions in the same zone would be cool though, and allowing them to duel each other would be even cooler.

Useless space...eh, I can see your point. I guess maybe add more content into Cyrodiil to make up for it. You know, fill that space? As for buff campaigns, I'm in EP. We're always losing, no matter what campaign I join.

We only just got the orsinium update on console, and I haven't tried the group finder yet. Does it work only in orsinium, or does it work in other zones too?

Edited by Azurephoenix999 on November 22, 2015 12:12AM
    • RAGUNAnoOne
      RAGUNAnoOne
      ✭✭✭✭✭

When they added things like skyshards, dungeons, fishing, and non-PvP quests all over the map.
      PS4 NA
      Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    • FriedEggSandwich
      FriedEggSandwich
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Works for all dungeons. My guild are AD and yesterday we could only get 3 together for the gold daily so my brother (guildie) used the group finder to find a 4th player. The group finder gave us a filthy red healer, but he was a damn good filthy red healer. So good we wanted to use him again for a second run, but we couldn't invite him to the group even though we new his @name. So it seems you can group with enemy faction players only through the group finder, which is a shame and I think zos missed a trick here. It's a step in the right direction though; at least we know it's possible within the game mechanics.
      PC | EU
    • FriedEggSandwich
      FriedEggSandwich
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dear wrote: »
      Oh gods. As a PVE player, I am NOT looking forward to being REPEATEDLY MURDERED by PVPers as I try to quest in so called "enemy" territory. I don't align myself to any faction. I just want to get to know the people of the world and explore the land and learn the story.

This is going to be *** Aion all over again. I would try to quest, and people would run up and attack me. I always had to put all my stats into being able to run away and heal myself so that I wouldn't have to attack any players... SIGH.

Body guards is a great idea, though. But I feel like that would draw attention to us if there was a more visible group. As one person, I might be able to sneak around better...

Maybe I should start naming my characters things like "Please-no-Kill" and "Just-want-to-Quest" or "Ignore-This-PVE-Player"

Take a friend/guildie to be your bodyguard. Or offer a sum of gold in zone to anyone who can protect you. I would be someone's bodyguard for a few hours for 10k gold or something.

Edit: in all honesty it's not hard to find a campaign where you are very unlikely to encounter enemy players. Haderus EU for example is an AD buff campaign, the whole place is yellow. I went there earlier to duel my brother and I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there.
      Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 22, 2015 12:55AM
      PC | EU
    • RAGUNAnoOne
      RAGUNAnoOne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dear wrote: »

Take a friend/guildie to be your bodyguard. Or offer a sum of gold in zone to anyone who can protect you. I would be someone's bodyguard for a few hours for 10k gold or something.

Edit: in all honesty it's not hard to find a campaign where you are very unlikely to encounter enemy players. Haderus EU for example is an AD buff campaign, the whole place is yellow. I went there earlier to duel my brother and I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there.

A guildmate went to a buff server I told him when he reached bruma to be careful. long story short 5 DC NB where waiting in the buildings with ambush spam. Dead campaigns are better for this, I liked the skeleton key you could actually do things and have less chance of being bothered. the problem ZOS removes them and it is getting much harder to find some privacy. Eventually I bet they will remove all buff servers too then chillrend when does it end stop removing campaigns please
      PS4 NA
      Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    • Azurephoenix999
      Azurephoenix999
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Works for all dungeons. My guild are AD and yesterday we could only get 3 together for the gold daily so my brother (guildie) used the group finder to find a 4th player. The group finder gave us a filthy red healer, but he was a damn good filthy red healer. So good we wanted to use him again for a second run, but we couldn't invite him to the group even though we new his @name. So it seems you can group with enemy faction players only through the group finder, which is a shame and I think zos missed a trick here. It's a step in the right direction though; at least we know it's possible within the game mechanics.

So, it works for dungeons and orsinium but nowhere else? That's something that probably needs changing.
    • anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As much as I hate PvP, I think that providing a "non-PvP-campaign" would be the most boring place in the entire game ever. There's no (or so little) story, there's no (or so boring) landscape, there's no lore, and no quests (PvE quests are dull and the only thing exciting about them is the PvP risk).
      Cyrodiil is nothing without PvP.
    • Azurephoenix999
      Azurephoenix999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As much as I hate PvP, I think that providing a "non-PvP-campaign" would be the most boring place in the entire game ever. There's no (or so little) story, there's no (or so boring) landscape, there's no lore, and no quests (PvE quests are dull and the only thing exciting about them is the PvP risk).

PVE content exists in Cyrodiil, and what you've described as "exciting" is just an annoyance for most people. If Cyrodiil was to be pure PVP, they should've kept it pure PVP. Completing PVE content in Cyrodiil is a huge pain in the ass due to the boundaries put in place specifically because it's a PVP zone (i.e. you can only respawn in keeps your alliance owns, therefor if your alliance owns none, you getting killed means going literally all of the way back to the start).

You say there's no story, there's no landscape, there's no lore, and no exciting quests, and that's why Cyrodiil would suck as a PVE zone. Honestly, I want to clear the quests purely for the sake of completing them (so I can leave it behind until I'm ready to participate in PVP properly), so that doesn't bother me TOO much.

Nothing much can be done about the landscape, so we'll leave that aside. The other stuff could probably be added in. How's this? In the PVE Cyrodiil, there could be an exclusive questline involving the alliances working together in a temporary truce to regain the Imperial City from the daedra? I know it sounds similar to the final quest in the main storyline, but maybe it could take place around the same time (ESO seems to take place in a Dragon Break, so it would fit lore-wise)?

That'd give ZOS plenty of opportunity to add story, lore, and a ton of quests to what you describe as being "the most boring place in the entire game ever."

What do you think?

• Leandor
      Leandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If you want to PvE in Cyrodiil, do this:
      • Choose a campaign that even during prime time has only one faction that has more than one bar. It doesn't matter which faction that is.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Find a player that wants to do the same and group up. More than two players are not necessary.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Join said campaign during off hours. The best time is when even the high population campaigns are empty.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Start with the quest area that is furthest away from your home gate. That way, even if you get killed, you can go to one nearby.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Never return to the same quest zone if you got killed. Take a break there and start another one.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Never both talk to a quest giver at the same time. One talks to the NPC, the other stays hidden as far away as his gap closer has range.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Bruma is the worst part, since you always have to enter buildings.
      The best advice, though, is: If you don't like PvP, don't PvE in a PvP zone. You really don't need those 9 skillpoints all that much.
      Edited by Leandor on November 22, 2015 2:38AM
    • Azurephoenix999
      Azurephoenix999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Leandor wrote: »
      • Choose a campaign that even during prime time has only one faction that has more than one bar. It doesn't matter which faction that is.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Find a player that wants to do the same and group up. More than two players are not necessary.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Join said campaign during off hours. The best time is when even the high population campaigns are empty.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Start with the quest area that is furthest away from your home gate. That way, even if you get killed, you can go to one nearby.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Never return to the same quest zone if you got killed. Take a break there and start another one.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Never both talk to a quest giver at the same time. One talks to the NPC, the other stays hidden as far away as his gap closer has range.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      The best advice, though, is: If you don't like PvP, don't PvE in a PvP zone. You really don't need those 9 skillpoints all that much.

The fact that this is necessary in order to do PVE in Cyrodiil is exactly why there needs to be change. If they put PVE content in that zone, it should actually be feasible to accomplish.

With regards to "don't PVE in a PVP zone"...I'm a completionist, so that's out of the question for me. I need to complete all quests in Cyrodiil, gather all skyshards, aquire all lorebooks, and destroy all dark anchors. I might bother with the rest if I get around to it later.
    • Jaronking
      Jaronking
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is just such a stupid idea I can't fathom how someone could even think this make any type of sense.Only idea worst than this was someone asking to disable PVP in IC.What is wrong with you people?Its a PVP zone how hard is that to understand you are supposed to killer other players their.So no don't allow a PVE zone their.
    • Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To those opposing this idea, I wouldn't worry. It's never going to happen.
    • Uberkull
      Uberkull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Really? This game is 90% PVE and 5% PvP. I have no idea what to classify the ghost town known as IC so that's the other 5%.

You enter Cyrodiil, you enter pvp. The end. There is no way, ever, that ZOS is going to add a pve only version of Cyrodiil. That's a complete waste of developer resources.

They already said that they couldn't introduce a version of Cyrodiil that had different rules, like no AOE cap or changes to DR, the core Cyrodiil design can't support it.

So move on, go exhaust Orsinium and its 1 day of content.
      ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
      ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
    • Leandor
      Leandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Leandor wrote: »
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Sneak everywhere.
      • Sneak everywhere.

The fact that this is necessary in order to do PVE in Cyrodiil is exactly why there needs to be change. If they put PVE content in that zone, it should actually be feasible to accomplish.

With regards to "don't PVE in a PVP zone"...I'm a completionist, so that's out of the question for me. I need to complete all quests in Cyrodiil, gather all skyshards, aquire all lorebooks, and destroy all dark anchors. I might bother with the rest if I get around to it later.
      Finishing the PvE content in Cyrodiil is easily achievable, it just takes a proper tactic. Same as completing a trial requires a proper tactic. If you are willing to do what is necessary for the second example, why not for Cyrodiil?

If you are a completionist, as you claim, then you would go and find a way to do it instead of complain on the forums.

Instead, you sound like the proverbial entitled kid that can't stand the fact that there is a part of the game you aren't capable of dealing with. As such, I won't give this any more attention.
      Edited by Leandor on November 22, 2015 10:17AM
    • Xarc
      Xarc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I dunno about entirely-pve zone of cyrodiil, but if an imperial faction could exists, would make sense to my Imperial. I'm fighting for my race, for my country Cyrodiil, for the empire, in Legion. I want to join the resistance. Little actual pve quest in Cyrodiil are not enough for all imperials...
      Edited by Xarc on November 22, 2015 10:31AM
      @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
      "Death is overrated", Xarc
      Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
      Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
      Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
      Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
      Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
      Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
      Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
      Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
      kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
      - since april.2014
    • anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE content exists in Cyrodiil, and what you've described as "exciting" is just an annoyance for most people. If Cyrodiil was to be pure PVP, they should've kept it pure PVP. Completing PVE content in Cyrodiil is a huge pain in the ass due to the boundaries put in place specifically because it's a PVP zone (i.e. you can only respawn in keeps your alliance owns, therefor if your alliance owns none, you getting killed means going literally all of the way back to the start).

You say there's no story, there's no landscape, there's no lore, and no exciting quests, and that's why Cyrodiil would suck as a PVE zone. Honestly, I want to clear the quests purely for the sake of completing them (so I can leave it behind until I'm ready to participate in PVP properly), so that doesn't bother me TOO much.

Nothing much can be done about the landscape, so we'll leave that aside. The other stuff could probably be added in. How's this? In the PVE Cyrodiil, there could be an exclusive questline involving the alliances working together in a temporary truce to regain the Imperial City from the daedra? I know it sounds similar to the final quest in the main storyline, but maybe it could take place around the same time (ESO seems to take place in a Dragon Break, so it would fit lore-wise)?

That'd give ZOS plenty of opportunity to add story, lore, and a ton of quests to what you describe as being "the most boring place in the entire game ever."

What do you think?

I think... many things ! And remember I'm a pure PvEer, just like you.

- You say you're a completionist. Fine, but even as a completionist, there are a couple of achievements, namely the PvP ones, that you'll never get. Whatever you think is too tedious or difficult for you, just give up. ZOS doesn't have to make it easier just for your sake...
      - You need the skyshards and skillpoints : so do we all. Believe me, they're not hard to get. Sometimes PvP gets in the way, you get ganked... try again, that's all. Follow @Leandor 's advice. You can do it alone, too. I swear that's no problem, if you accept that sometimes unexpected things can occur and that you have to be on your guard.
      - The "storyline" you suggest would be contradictory with the main quest line : remember, they couldn't even agree to combine their forces to fight the daedra back then, which is why you had to do all the work with the mages and the fighters' guilds. Why would they agree now ?
      - If ZOS has to allocate resources into designing new quests and stuff, I prefer them to do it for new content, not for Cyrodiil'. (I mean, Cyrodiil's "PvE", not PvP's global issues which obviously deserve a lot of attention at the moment).
      - I know there are many people here who'd like to separate PvP from PvE completely, but even if I dislike PvP I appreciate the mix of the two and ZOS' efforts to keep it that way.
      - Don't tell ME about dragonbreaks (and CHIM and all this stuff)... I consider it as a (cheap) trick to "explain" lore inconsistencies between the games. That's just my vision of things, but I'd prefer them not to come up with even more "dragonbreak'ish" stuff.

EDIT : oh, and I forgot : don't come up with "options don't hurt anyone, those who prefer PvP-Cyrodiil would still have that option". Well no, the option of a pure PvE Cyrodiil would of course change the nature of Cyrodiil for everyone else. Just like the option of non-gated access to IC changed the very nature of the entire IC DLC, unfortunately.
      Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 22, 2015 11:54AM
    • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
      Actually, they've already set up the story line as to why the alliances are not in Cyrodiil, otherwise why the hell is there Daedra there.

The 3 alliances have already agreed that the Fighters and Mage guild should deal with them once and for all. I should be able to enter Cyrodiil and IC under the banner and protection of the 2 guilds. The 3 factions are more concerned about fighting each other, if the guilds want to deal with the Daedra in there, well that's less of a distraction.

Personally I think there should be a Daedra army roaming the wilds of Cyrodiil going from keep to keep destroying everything in it's path. And they should be at a size where they are considered a serious threat and when they kill you, they take AP away. So if your war party comes across a faction fighting the Daedra onslaught you have a choice gank the enemy for easy AP and risk losing it all when the Daedra attention is set on you or assist the enemy faction.
      Edited by stewart.leslie76b16_ESO on November 22, 2015 12:10PM
      I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
    • anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Personally I think there should be a Daedra army roaming the wilds of Cyrodiil going from keep to keep destroying everything in it's path. And they should be at a size where they are considered a serious threat and when they kill you, they take AP away. So if your war party comes across a faction fighting the Daedra onslaught you have a choice gank the enemy for easy AP and risk losing it all when the Daedra attention is set on you or assist the enemy faction.

I <3 that one !! (Not every detail, but in general)
      @ZOS_RichLambert , what do you think ?

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 22, 2015 12:48PM
    • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO

I <3 that one !! (Not every detail, but in general)
      @ZOS_RichLambert , what do you think ?

There should be a serious penalty for not dealing with a rampaging army. Nothing is more serious then losing AP. Of course, the reward should be equal to or above.
      I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I know that Cyrodiil's supposed to be the PVP area within ESO, but I'm mostly just interested in questing, gathering skyshards, and destroying the dark anchors. I don't care about PVP (or at least I won't until I'm done with the rest of what Cyrodiil has to offer).

Doing quests in the various towns in Cyrodiil is a freaking nightmare. Especially when the location of the quest is deep within enemy territory. Your side is losing, you somehow manage to sneak your way over there, someone kills you right when you're about to turn it in and you're all the way back at the *** wayshrine again.

You know what I hate more than anything in Cyrodiil? Having to walk all that *** way again every time I die.

I feel as though this wouldn't be a problem if there was a variant of Cyrodiil that was purely PVE, one exactly like the PVP variant except for the following changes:
      1. Recalling to any transitus shrine is possible.
      2. Transitus shrines and wayshrines can be used by players of all alliances.
      3. Damage can't be dealt to other players.
      4. Players of different alliances can group together.
      5. No alliance owns anything, all icons on the map are the default white.
      6. No PVP related buffs apply.
      7. Alliance points cannot be earned.
      8. Imperial City is not accessible via PVE Cyrodiil.

I believe that these changes would make the game much more enjoyable for people that want to experience Cyrodiil in a more cooperative way.

What do you guys think?

I've had no problems farming and doing Skyshards in Cyrodiil.And I dont belong to any Alliance. I just went there,and make my way round all the enemies.Sure,I die sometimes,but I gather what I want.