Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how to find xivkyn armor style

Pugnado
Pugnado
can anyone tell me where to find this style? massive fan of it.
  • Cacus
    Cacus
    ✭✭✭
    You have a chance of loot it in the trophy vaults in IC, you have to collect 60 Trophys eg Bone shard, Bloody claw which is a random drop from mobs in the ic sewer or city then take that to the same vault which is located in 1 of the districts.
  • Pugnado
    Pugnado
    jesus they haven't made this easy... will it be up for purchase in the crown store at any point do you think?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    minor parts like boots belt and gloves are allready down to 4-5k a piece
    Up the hornz
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    By now you would think that this would be something the Crown Store would carry. Considering that I don't play in Cyrodiil at all I wish they would simply allow it to be purchased by crowns. Shame on you ESO =(
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Store is slowly killing crafting. It's a poor idea for us.

All the newbies, all the consoles for me, are being offered easy ways to catch up with many moths of work, for us.

It's the way the game is going. I care less for the game every day.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

All the newbies, all the consoles for me, are being offered easy ways to catch up with many moths of work, for us.

No, it really isn't. I still get hired to craft set armor is specific styles (mix/match, all one style, etc) because there are some people just lazy/cheap enough that are willing to dump gold to get what they want. There are those that don't craft or have time to research items.

You just have a find a way to adapt to how the game is changing, if you can't/won't, I'm not so sure it's the devs/games fault.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

No, it really isn't. I still get hired to craft set armor is specific styles (mix/match, all one style, etc) because there are some people just lazy/cheap enough that are willing to dump gold to get what they want. There are those that don't craft or have time to research items.

You just have a find a way to adapt to how the game is changing, if you can't/won't, I'm not so sure it's the devs/games fault.

Oh sure. I'll adapt by firing up my Fallout 4 game if this trend continues. I'll be doing that anyway once we get the Creation Kit as it needs fixing.

A fully modded Fallout 3 was a better shooter and game really. Still, I have lots to do and for a retired person it's just great. I see you arrived with the consoles too.

They are trying to move the Crown Store crap. Crafters are a problem for them in this area. I will not buy anything other than cosmetics and the DLCs from them myself.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on November 23, 2015 8:21PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure. I'll adapt by firing up my Fallout 4 game if this trend continues. I'll be doing that anyway once we get the Creation Kit as it needs fixing.

Fallout 4 is a great game. Different strokes for different folks.
    A fully modded Fallout 3 was a better shooter and game really. Still, I have lots to do and for a retired person it's just great. I see you arrived with the consoles too.

You didn't see me arrive on anything. You look at my signature and immediately assume I've only ever been around since console release? Seems like you're a fan of the Fallout series. Same here. Now what?
    They are trying to move the Crown Store crap. Crafters are a problem for them in this area. I will not buy anything other than cosmetics and the DLCs from them myself.

They're convenience anyway. No one has to purchase them, unless it's convenient for them. I wanted the Glass Style early on and right away. Now all the fragments I get from writ rewards get sold for someone, like you, who may not want to purchase them. ZOS hasn't been friendly to crafters for a long time and it most certainly didn't start with the addition of making rare styles available for purchase.

Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Fallout 4 is a great game. Different strokes for different folks.

You didn't see me arrive on anything. You look at my signature and immediately assume I've only ever been around since console release? Seems like you're a fan of the Fallout series. Same here. Now what?

They're convenience anyway. No one has to purchase them, unless it's convenient for them. I wanted the Glass Style early on and right away. Now all the fragments I get from writ rewards get sold for someone, like you, who may not want to purchase them. ZOS hasn't been friendly to crafters for a long time and it most certainly didn't start with the addition of making rare styles available for purchase.

Yes we are being steadily made less important, which was really part of my point. The Crown Store is a big part of that.

That you can step outside the economy and then sell back into it is really bad.

Hi ***. Convenience is often the death of good stuff.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    I see a message that reads "In addition, we have also added the Xivkyn motif to the Crown Store for all platforms."
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pugnado - Yes you can buy the whole book in the crown store since wednesday/Thursday..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pugnado wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where to find this style? massive fan of it.

I have done it like that, that I have found a crafter in my guild, that crafted it for me.

I know you can get the motif in imperial city dlc. I am not very much a fun of putting it into crown store. It is good that is is a rare motif and a rare material in my opinion.

Find a guild that has many members, (at least 200), ask for a crafter that can craft it for you. They either want in-game gold for it, or the materials (which you can get in the IC DLC or buy in a guild store).There are even crafters which craft for free, If you are lucky and find one, they can craft it for you for free.

If you are on PC, then check this out too:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCraftersExchange/?fref=ts
    I can recommend this one from there - Joe Solomons ( @Kirris ), he crafted me almost the whole set (4 piecs) of xivkyn style - for 4500 in-game gold (only the legs part he was not able to - that has done an another crafter from my guild for free for me, also the rest to have all the 7 parts in xyvkin).

I have then dyed the whole armor red in the dying station, red looked the best for me.

Here are some pics of my armor (VR1, all heavy, all xivkyn: 5 parts Redistributor set, 2 parts Nightmother`s gaze set:

vIrT7nu.jpg

5rSi1Az.jpg

MaBpY2o.jpg

wBzeFSP.jpg

good luck ;)

Edited by altemriel on November 27, 2015 8:09AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or you can buy the motif pages in guild stores (around 2000 - 8000 a piece)