Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

low FPS in wrothgar

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i've been playing the game around 80-100 FPS in all places, but at Wrothgar it drops to 20-30 FPS and in the city of Orsinium to 1-10 FPS. usually when i enter Orsinium i can start at 30-50 FPS but in a few minutes it drops to 1-10 FPS. i tried to reduce all graphic settings to low but it makes no difference at Wrothgar and Orsinium.

since it's not a graphic problem may this be some problem on my internet connection? i have all ports open and 20Mbps download and 2Mbps upload.

is this problem happening to anyone else?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My FPS is fine in Wrothgar. Have not noticed any issues.

Were there tons of players around?
    Edited by Nestor on November 17, 2015 8:53PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be related to this

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230561/rumored-memory-leak-issues-confirmed-fps-issue-for-many-players-pc-specs-irrelevant#latest

Again, I have not had any issues, but I have not done any world boss fights. Although, pre patch, I did notice that some WB fights would have some frame rate issues, but there was a lot going on so I I put it down to that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It might be related to this

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230561/rumored-memory-leak-issues-confirmed-fps-issue-for-many-players-pc-specs-irrelevant#latest

Again, I have not had any issues, but I have not done any world boss fights. Although, pre patch, I did notice that some WB fights would have some frame rate issues, but there was a lot going on so I I put it down to that.

looks like the same problem. thank you.
    just now i was playing around Wrothgar at 60 FPS and suddenly it dropped to 0 (yes, zero) and then 1-10, in the same area, just walking around. it's really weird, and it only happens in Wrothgar.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    today i'm getting 1-3 FPS in Orsinium :(

and in all the rest of Tamriel around 100 FPS. i'll never understand this.
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    There is a server issue however I also noticed an issue with most of the people having a GTX970. Now I have one as well and just standing still I would see random drops in FPS consistently and went through tons of dead/necro threads of "fixes" and none of them really solved it. One thing that worked for the most part (did not fully solve for heavy aoe situations) but I switched back to my older card Sapphire 7850 and noticed that in regular play (again not heavy aoe situations) for the most part the issue was gone and I could finally do things like the older Vet Dungeons again. I'm an IT student and also work in IT and do all my own diag/repairs on my system if I have any issues ran some scans and the hardware is working as it is supposed to however for some reason it appears the 970 has an issue with how data is pulled and read from the server on it as well.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230952/fps-issue#latest

This is my original thread while I was testing it and so far the 7850 is working better for me then my 970. Also I mentioned @ZOS_MollyH since it does appear that 970 for some reason makes the issue worse.
    Edited by uso245 on November 19, 2015 3:09PM
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    today i've been able to play in Orsinium at 40-50 FPS, and i didn't change absolutely nothing, which clearly confirms that the problem is not at all at our end :) ...i just hope that it is really fixed and that this is not temporary.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like Orsinium frame rate is better in the weekend than during the week. i was able to play very well all over Wrothgar during the weekend, but since monday i'm back to 1-10 FPS. this is really weird, because most probably there are much more people playing during the weekend than the week, which means that this can't be also a bandwidth problem.