Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best character for playing solo?

CherryCake
CherryCake
✭✭✭✭✭
I would love to have a character that is able to go through group dungeons alone.
I dont have the game for too much time so I am not completely familiar with it, (in fact I dont even know if doing this is possible) I already have a Nord, Dual Wielding Nightblade, and I am wondering if this would be a good character to stay alive and be able to make it on her own in dungeons, and if not, was any of you able to do it? And if you did, how did you create your character?
Problem is, I had a friend I could do group dungeons with, he was a nightblade archer, and I was the healer, it worked perfect, sure we died a few times but we could both make it in the end, and now his gf had a baby, and I am all out of friends that have the game on the console :D...

Also please note, I am not that good at playing so I need all the help possible xD.

Anyway, the characters that I have:
  • High elf, templar, focused on the restoration and destruction staff, skill points in a lot of magicka passives, dawns wrath and restoring light abilities, no aedric spear ones. I can do very well solo, but die in group dungeons and PVP. (PVP is not that important for me so you can skip this one)

And the new ones that I didnt spend much time on yet (below level 10) are:
  • The Nord, nightblade dual wield - seems to do a lot of damage
  • High elf, sorcerer, archer, kills things VERY slow

Any ideas and help welcome!

I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    What console and server are you on. Rather than trying to solo group content I can introduce you to a group of friendly casual players if your ps4 and EU. Failing that maybe try and get yourself in a guild who can do dungeons with you and offer build advice.

However to answer you original question in my opinion a sorcerer that has high magicka and uses a resto staff and shields for defence/heals and magic based attacks for offence would be a good bet
  • zydrateanatomy
    I can solo most Delves but never outright dungeons. I have hit my stride with a Dual Wield Nightblade, using Assassination, Siphoning, and Vampirism to give me four out of five self-heals that keep me up and running through most combat.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer is the way to go!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been able to solo most dungeons, dolmens and world bosses with any of the four classes. It just depends on your gear and build. However for me, I found NB the easiest to solo, with Sorc a close second. Templer and DK are more challenging.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on November 7, 2015 10:37PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MrAddled
    MrAddled
    Soul Shriven
    I have yet to solo a group dungeon (Tamriel knows I've tried). I just wait for people to mention they're looking to group up for XXXXX dungeon, and offer to go.
    Templars a Huge help. Need to work on one...
    “Laughter is good for you. Nine out of ten stand-up comedians recommend laughter in the face of intense stupidity.”
    ― Jim Butcher, Proven Guilty

“The human mind is not a terribly logical or consistent place.”
    ― Jim Butcher, Turn Coat
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templars probably provide the simplest way to solo the game. I kid you not when I say that a Templar relies mostly on 1 skill to go through the game: Puncturing Sweep (from the Aedric Spear Line). It heals for damage done, has a low cost, and is spammable. Seriously, that combined with Healing Ward, Annulment, Siphon (from Restoration Staff), and some other ability you want, will let you solo group delves (not dungeons) very easily.

Honestly, spamming the same ability over and over again can get a bit boring, but thankfully, because you rely so heavily on 1 skill, you can test out and train other skills at the same time. Going from level 1 to v16, there were probably 3 world bosses I couldn't solo in all of Tamriel (excluding Orsinium). Even Craglorn (when you get to it) poses less of a threat than it would to most.

From here, you can derive the secret to soloing: resource sustain. To solo, you have to be able to keep your resources up. Anything that can sustain their resources, most importantly health, is solo material.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you a lot to all of you, for your answers! (sorry for answering so late)
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Kesuai1
    Kesuai1
    Soul Shriven
    Stamina NB, no WW, no Vamp. Kills EVERYTHING and has an added benefit. Everyone hates a good NB because they are a really good class to play when played well. Been playing NB off and on since closed beta. LOVE them.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go Sorcerer.
    It's a more flexible template than the others.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to solo all the PvE content so far, except Dungeons (not public dungeons/delves, I mean the instance dungeons)

Sure I run into the occasionnal boss now and then thats impossible alone (most of the time, healer bosses, because they heal faster than I can dmg them, making it an infinite fight....)

I have a weird HP/Stam Templar 2H Heavy Armor build
    I use (its changed with skill changes made by zos) Rally, temp insta heal, blazing shield, indomnitable, uppercut, eclipse, and one of the temp dmg skills, depending on situation. I switch to a more def skill bar when things get critical (indomnitable, 3 heals, + that extra recovery temp passive skill), to heal up, recover somewhat, then switch back to my def/dmg skill bar.

Rocking Whitestrake set atm, my goal is to get the Master Armorer one (if they dont change it, otherwise TBS)

Also have the magic res mundus stone (because of IC and pvp players using way too much magic bursts)

I honestly dont respec or change my 'loadout' the way competitive players do and this somewhat bridges pve, pvp and stuff kindof ok...
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templars probably provide the simplest way to solo the game. I kid you not when I say that a Templar relies mostly on 1 skill to go through the game: Puncturing Sweep (from the Aedric Spear Line). It heals for damage done, has a low cost, and is spammable. Seriously, that combined with Healing Ward, Annulment, Siphon (from Restoration Staff), and some other ability you want, will let you solo group delves (not dungeons) very easily.

Honestly, spamming the same ability over and over again can get a bit boring, but thankfully, because you rely so heavily on 1 skill, you can test out and train other skills at the same time. Going from level 1 to v16, there were probably 3 world bosses I couldn't solo in all of Tamriel (excluding Orsinium). Even Craglorn (when you get to it) poses less of a threat than it would to most.

From here, you can derive the secret to soloing: resource sustain. To solo, you have to be able to keep your resources up. Anything that can sustain their resources, most importantly health, is solo material.

I've honestly never used puncturing sweeps because I'm stubborn and think its the ugliest animation in the game >_< maybe I should.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Brenton templar hands down.

you beat anything with 2 skills: light spear thingy, and breath of life) insant heal.

Playing solo without a templar sucks