Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate Black Fredas with Big Sales"

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a really good deal, though I'm not a fan of relying on the pots in the Crown store. I go through them VERY quickly, so I'm quite happy with my cyrodiil ones. Replace them with crown drinks and you've got yourself a deal ;)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the Green Narsis Guar a new skin?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    He is new for this bundle, yes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭

Will it be sold without the bundle too ? Some of us don't really want all the goodies around ('cause that's a little bit cheating) neither throw something that has been bought away.
    Edited by Fetaro on November 23, 2015 10:36PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fetaro wrote: »

Will it be sold without the bundle too ? Some of us don't really want all the goodies around ('cause that's a little bit cheating) neither throw something that has been bought away.

She answered that in an earlier post which was "We have no plans to sell it separately"

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Carp! I have to buy the bundle now :/

Ah well, happy to fund as long as you keep releasing content like Orsinium ;)

I'm lying, I'd be supporting the game either way :p

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guar are so popular.

And, having 5 Argonian characters, I am always tempted by anything related to the Saxhleel or Black Marsh.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two questions (note they're questions, not digs or gripes!):

1. I can't see the 5,500 Crown pack on the EU PSN....am I missing something there?
    2. The Crown Lessons don't seem to include Stamina - is that intended?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    "Black Fredas"? ...

No words. :expressionless:

Oh come on, it's fun. :)

can you "Please" extend this sale untill the 3rd of dec. instead of the 1st of dec.?
    i get my paycheck on the 3rd and i want this stuff but i am broke till the 3rd.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the sale, including items, price, and duration, are negotiated and approved by the various parties (Microsoft, Sony, Valve, and Bethesda) well in advance of the actual sale. By the time we hear about it, it is set in concrete and that concrete is fully cured.
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_MattFiror , @ZOS_RichLambert

Are you guys ACTIVELY trying to discourage subbing to the game?

Yes, I think they are.

I'm not subbed personally (anymore), but I must admit I'm considering it again since the updates seem to be regular and they are talking about a sub only crafting bag.
    I probably spend a little less in crowns than I would on the sub but that's only because there are not enough items on the store to lure me, I buy the stuff I want. And then I buy the DLCs.

So my best guess is that ZoS is making more money off me non-subbed than subbed, especially if it goes like this: IC comes out at 3k crowns, Wroth at 3k, TG, DB, Murk all at 3k.

Possibly, but maybe it is the other way around. They have a ton of subs and are looking to get them to buy crowns and special guars.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    robeauch wrote: »
    As long as none of the merchant NPCs have to work on Turdas to support this sale, I'm in favor.

+1 this! XD
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    i dont get it... those crowns pack discounts (the 3k and 5,5k crown pack) apply to pc eso without steam or not?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkeus wrote: »
    i dont get it... those crowns pack discounts (the 3k and 5,5k crown pack) apply to pc eso without steam or not?

To my knowledge you cannot buy Crowns through Steam anymore, so the Crowns work on both Steam and non-Steam versions of the game.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, this post doesn't want to post itself.
    Edited by Acrolas on November 24, 2015 1:20AM
    signing off
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bareheiny wrote: »

1. I can't see the 5,500 Crown pack on the EU PSN....am I missing something there?

@bareheiny Please be aware that these specials will not be available until Nov 25th. The Crown sale will not be available until 26th of November for PSN.
    Edited by Qyrk on November 24, 2015 2:08AM
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

@bareheiny Please be aware that these specials will not be available until after Nov 25th. The Crown sale will not be available until 26th of November for PSN.
    Ah...so the 5,500 Crown pack is a new item then?

I'm so used to seeing different items in the EU and NA PSN that I automatically assumed that EU were missing out on something.

Note I wasn't looking for the reduced price, I was just looking for the actual Crown packs to get an idea of the $NZ cost.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@bareheiny Please be aware that these specials will not be available until after Nov 25th. The Crown sale will not be available until 26th of November for PSN.

I'm so used to seeing different items in the EU and NA PSN that I automatically assumed that EU were missing out on something.

Note I wasn't looking for the reduced price, I was just looking for the actual Crown packs to get an idea of the $NZ cost.

yep no worries! I'm in NZ as well, so its kinda hard to start buying the items until realising I have to wait 1 more day before it goes live in the U.S. to which I can start buying stuff.

enjoy :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    You forgot to factor IC and future DLCs

Thanks for the reminder.. it means I need to keep 5500 Crowns in my game wallet at all times to actually buy those DLCs, (3000 Crowns for Orcsinium and 2500 for IC)

See, if you think your ESO Plus BUYS the expansion, no.. it only grants you access for the month you rented it.
    Edited by Darlgon on November 25, 2015 12:20AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness. I just bought the 5500 crown pack the other day... Shoot.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are we still getting the Vampire/Werewolf bites in the crown store because I just subbed for another 6 months and have oodles of doubloons, I mean crowns to spend?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, ZOS refuse to implement the equivalent of real-world celebrations like Christmas due to their having no relevance to TES, something I entirely agree with.

However, when it comes to a crass American commercial event they're more than happy to implement something game-related.

/signofthetimes
    Edited by KerinKor on November 24, 2015 7:55AM
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yep no worries! I'm in NZ as well, so its kinda hard to start buying the items until realising I have to wait 1 more day before it goes live in the U.S. to which I can start buying stuff.

enjoy :)
    Figured it out...the 5,500 pack doesn't show in the PSN store, unless you access it via the game.

Very weird.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    So, ZOS refuse to implement the equivalent of real-world celebrations like Christmas due to their having no relevance to TES, something I entirely agree with.

However, when it comes to a crass American commercial event they're more than happy to implement something game-related.

/signofthetimes

They just do a sales as is the period run to christmas. Of course they aren't going to put Santas or Christmas trees in game.

SWTOR looks ridiculous during the "life event" that takes place around Christmas.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

/signofthetimes
    I know, right? Sales are bad. People hate sales. Discounted crown packs are so lore-breaking I just can't even. When roleplayers see it, they'll start leaving the game in droves.

/crazylogic
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the crowns' discount is also limited to one account only or I can buy crown packs with discount as many as I want, e.g. 2 x 5.500 crowns / each pack with 40% discount?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I wonder if the crowns' discount is also limited to one account only or I can buy crown packs with discount as many as I want, e.g. 2 x 5.500 crowns / each pack with 40% discount?
    I would imagine that would be as many as you want. Since Crown Packs is ZOS' direct income source, they wouldn't restrict the sale to one pack per account.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Still waiting for the ESO trailer heroes costumes*
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

You can buy as many crown packs as you'd like. The only item that's limited to one per account is the bundle of items on the Crown Store.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5500 Crown Pack will exactly cover cost of Imperial City DLC (2500 Crowns) + Orsinium DLC (3000 Crowns). 5500 Crowns costs $40 (in USA, at least), which will go down to $24 after 40% discount. So you can buy both DLC for the equivalent of $12 each. That is a great deal. Anyone who has been holding out on buying the DLC, now is the time to buy.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    5500 Crown Pack will exactly cover cost of Imperial City DLC (2500 Crowns) + Orsinium DLC (3000 Crowns). 5500 Crowns costs $40 (in USA, at least), which will go down to $24 after 40% discount. So you can buy both DLC for the equivalent of $12 each. That is a great deal. Anyone who has been holding out on buying the DLC, now is the time to buy.

I'm gonna purchase the crowns just to spend it on another DLCs that come up in the future (or on the Frostmare mount whose re-introduction to the crown store is my dream I wish to come true) >:) I'm so excited!
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had forgotten how aweful the official site is... stupid age entry that keeps popping up (and instead of prefilling it like most sites that have their lawyers force them to put that in front of everything, here you need to select 1915 yourself :P )