The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forum Hello and Thoughts

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello. This is my first journey into the forums and I'm pretty sure this forum will be like most. Lots of trolls looking for a fight...any fight...as long as they can be cruel to someone else, nice people who actually like to talk like human beings, and the lurker who occasionally comes out of hiding to poke around the electronic forum world.

I have read the occasional post. And watched the occasional video. I've seen a few people who blame everyone else for their wipes...never themselves. I've seen videos that were creatively edited to show what they were wanting to show and never mentioning the things they didn't. I've seen people who have nothing else better to do that sit on the forums and be a forum warrior professing their knowledge of EVERYTHING and while their understanding of NOTHING shines through.

So hello. I do hope I find you all a bit above my expectations for courtesy and general thought sharing without trying to destroy another human being.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff?
    N64 NA EP
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff?
    Can I have your stuff?

HAHAHA if I "HAD' stuff, I'd share.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what sort of playstyle do you like?

Doing any DLC?

What platform are you on?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I love both kinds. PVP AND PVE. I'm on PC platform and while it has it's share of problems, it is a beautiful game and good content overall. I was only slightly disappointed with Imperial sewers. Too much grinding for my taste.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see IC as grinding, but rather logically repeatable mini-adventures (i.e. it makes sense to me that there are ... more people to rescue and so on).

A lot of the Cyrodiil repeatable quests don't really make sense to me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff?
    Can I have your stuff?

HAHAHA if I "HAD' stuff, I'd share.

Ha all in good fun.. Welcome to the ESO forum! Careful not to step in the ***
    N64 NA EP
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    A lot of the Cyrodiil repeatable quests don't really make sense to me.

EDIT: Assuming you're talking about the dailies around the towns in Cyrodiil (PVE), the comment below is applicable :p

I like them for a couple of reasons

1. They award good gold and exp, which helps greatly levelling skills when you've just joined Cyrodiil at level 10. Skills upgrade really slowly if you do nothing but PVP, but they go up quickly when you run through the dailies.
    2. While levelling my skills, I love the fact I could be ambushed at any moment, or be the one doing the ambushing. PVP fights in the Cyrodiil towns are a lot of fun.

Not everyone will agree, but that's why they make sense to me.
    Edited by Alucardo on November 20, 2015 3:53AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP. Personally I find you a little judging considering you haven't spent an amount of time mingling with the members here, and that doesn't make you any better than the negative ones you described.
    Hopefully my opinion of you improves over time, but we'll see.

In any case, welcome.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I don't LIKE the Cyrodiil quests, I just don't think that some of them make sense...

Like the gal who has been raised as a lich (or something) again... and again... and again.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I don't LIKE the Cyrodiil quests, I just don't think that some of them make sense...

Like the gal who has been raised as a lich (or something) again... and again... and again.
    Ohh.. sorry, misinterpreted!

To be honest I haven't visited all of them yet, but some are actually quite surprising and funny. Did you ever see the necromancer guy hosting a party of skeletons? xD

dAnUNUc.jpg

Tears were produced
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Majorly ghoul-ey, that one. Especially when he talks about his "hobby"
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha yeah. You gotta admit though, he's the nicest Necromancer you could meet
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    To the OP. Personally I find you a little judging considering you haven't spent an amount of time mingling with the members here, and that doesn't make you any better than the negative ones you described.

In any case, welcome.

Well, I wasn't really judging. Just stating what I've experienced in other forums and that I have noticed a few things in this one. I've been a lurker and this was my first post. I do hope my opinion of the forum world improves as well.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha yeah. You gotta admit though, he's the nicest Necromancer you could meet

Did you "meet" his wife tho?
    N64 NA EP
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you "meet" his wife tho?
    Oh yes.. we met, and the necromancer did not like the outcome.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lover's hill is painfully funny lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In any case, welcome.

OP is right in his assessment though; most of the videos should be taken with a grain of salt.

Many of the solo videos don't show:
    1) long boring horse rides on empty campaigns
    2) vr16 players as enemies.

Many of the group videos don't show:
    1) when rivial pvp guilds face roll them
    2) sometimez show their guild less numbers than during primetime/raid calls.

Very misleading to new players.

Though I'd give that to hardware and hard drive space to fully save every minute of play on many of the videos. (Show the best and only the best from a portfolio standpoint.)

But its why streamers are the best videos to watch; they are practically playing naked (builds are seen, stats, tactics, failures, etc.)

And the community has been stressed lately over the obvious passionate call to support this game.
    (Aka OP wants us to half fun!)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual