The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Bank Permissions Issue

ZeuZLoD
ZeuZLoD
I recently started playing again and decided to make a new toon to check out all the new stuff and just to go through it all to refresh it all from the start. So I deposited 50,000 gold into the guild bank. Made my new toon and went to withdraw it and noticed I could not. I checked the guild roster and noticed the guild leader has not logged into the game in over 19 months, and the remaining members around 16+ months. I submitted a ticket about the issue a few days ago but haven't recieved any information on how they fix it.

Can't they just make my toon the guild leader so I can assign permissions as needed since i'm the only one that has logged into the game in basically 2 years lol?
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    WTB Help.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeuZLoD wrote: »
    I recently started playing again and decided to make a new toon to check out all the new stuff and just to go through it all to refresh it all from the start. So I deposited 50,000 gold into the guild bank. Made my new toon and went to withdraw it and noticed I could not. I checked the guild roster and noticed the guild leader has not logged into the game in over 19 months, and the remaining members around 16+ months. I submitted a ticket about the issue a few days ago but haven't recieved any information on how they fix it.

Can't they just make my toon the guild leader so I can assign permissions as needed since i'm the only one that has logged into the game in basically 2 years lol?

WTF did you put it in the GUILD BANK???

There is no reason for you to put gold in the guild bank instead of your own, for this.

I smell fish afoot.

*Puts on Sherlock waistcoat*
    I think you saw the balance in the guild bank, knowing the guild leader was away for an extended period, created a new character with which you planned to withdraw said funds and then delete your new character afterward, thus covering your tracks should the wayward guild leader return.

You then however, ran into the issue that the Guild bank was like :trollface: Nope! LOL! which has scrapped your plans entirely, unless, of course you can convince a third party that your intent was innocent all along and that they should thereby confer ownership of said guild unto you wherein you may then do what you please with the funds in question.

Amirite?
    Edited by Islyn on November 13, 2015 9:12AM
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

Would be stupid to try and fool them into giving you that money, cause they can easily see if he's deposited it or not. That said,

Why not use your own bank?

You made a big decision without thinking it trough and now you want your money back.

It is your own fault, so if you actually don't try to scam zenimax and actually get your money back consider yourself very lucky
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »

Would be stupid to try and fool them into giving you that money, cause they can easily see if he's deposited it or not. That said,

You made a big decision without thinking it trough and now you want your money back.

It is your own fault, so if you actually don't try to scam zenimax and actually get your money back consider yourself very lucky

Ah well....I hope he didn't do what I joked about above - but someone tried that very thing on just a few weeks ago :)

(Who puts gold in the guild bank anyway unless the guild needs it?)
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

Ah well....I hope he didn't do what I joked about above - but someone tried that very thing on just a few weeks ago :)

(Who puts gold in the guild bank anyway unless the guild needs it?)

Exactly.

• ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    What lol. I haven't played in nearly 2 years and the guild bank is literally the guild im in, Lords of Death. We all quit long ago and i've decided to come back to it. Literally nobody in our guild has logged in over 20 months according to the log except me. And believe me the the person that has guild lead is trying to get his account up and running but having issues with changed emails.

I had just opened the bank and saw lords of death (guild im really in) hit deposit gold. End of story lol. And for the record I have access to withdraw items already and the only gold in there is my own gold, which I can't pull out.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD

I'm not entirely sure what i'm trying to scam zenimax of lol? Me asking for the 50k gold that I put in a guild bank that im in which the guild leader has been afk for 2 years? Like I said before, we have always used the guild bank for stuff like this, its just more space to put stuff in and take stuff out.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD

There is no reason for you to put gold in the guild bank instead of your own, for this.

I smell fish afoot.

I think you saw the balance in the guild bank, knowing the guild leader was away for an extended period, created a new character with which you planned to withdraw said funds and then delete your new character afterward, thus covering your tracks should the wayward guild leader return.

You then however, ran into the issue that the Guild bank was like :trollface: Nope! LOL! which has scrapped your plans entirely, unless, of course you can convince a third party that your intent was innocent all along and that they should thereby confer ownership of said guild unto you wherein you may then do what you please with the funds in question.

Amirite?

Better wash that Sherlock wasitcoat then, because it reaks of retardedness. Guild bank balance, 50k and guess what, thats what I just put in lol. GG?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I smell fish afoot.

Amirite?
    Better wash that Sherlock wasitcoat then, because it reaks of retardedness. Guild bank balance, 50k and guess what, thats what I just put in lol. GG?
    Ignoring the Sherlock bit for a minute, why didn't you just put it in your own bank? I'm not sure if there's much ZOS can do, since there's nothing in this situation that's actually broken. You may have a reasonable case based on the inactivity of other members though; your best bet would be to try to get ZOS to return the money to the character that deposited it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ignoring the Sherlock bit for a minute, why didn't you just put it in your own bank? I'm not sure if there's much ZOS can do, since there's nothing in this situation that's actually broken. You may have a reasonable case based on the inactivity of other members though; your best bet would be to try to get ZOS to return the money to the character that deposited it.

Yea I don't think it will be an issue for Zenimax to either give me my gold back or just pass me lead. I already have full access to our guild bank with full rights except the gold withdrawal part of course. It's just really that simple, the guild bank balance is 50k, and thats just from my deposit yesterday. If I would have known that I couldn't pull out what I put in I would have just done my own bank.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What lol. I haven't played in nearly 2 years and the guild bank is literally the guild im in, Lords of Death. We all quit long ago and i've decided to come back to it. Literally nobody in our guild has logged in over 20 months according to the log except me. And believe me the the person that has guild lead is trying to get his account up and running but having issues with changed emails.

I had just opened the bank and saw lords of death (guild im really in) hit deposit gold. End of story lol. And for the record I have access to withdraw items already and the only gold in there is my own gold, which I can't pull out.

xD I hope you get I am just being silly :P
    Edited by Islyn on November 13, 2015 11:32AM
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're just jealous of the pipe smoke stench!!! xD
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    How long do they usually take to solve an issue? It's been almost 4 days now and just submitted another in game ticket about it.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Any mods around that can help the process? 50k golds (50,000) isn't much to most people that have been playing but for someone just returning to the game after nearly 2 years its quite a bit.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Reference Number: 151113-002141
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Going on 4 days and nothing .....
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I don't think it will be an issue for Zenimax to either give me my gold back or just pass me lead. I already have full access to our guild bank with full rights except the gold withdrawal part of course. It's just really that simple, the guild bank balance is 50k, and thats just from my deposit yesterday. If I would have known that I couldn't pull out what I put in I would have just done my own bank.

They keep a log, if you deposited the gold then they shall return it

• ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Prabooo wrote: »

They keep a log, if you deposited the gold then they shall return it

Still waiting......
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Another day, still nothing lol.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you had any response at all? Where are you submitting the tickets from? It doesn't usually take them so long to at least roll out their stock responses. Admittedly it has been the weekend, but I would have thought that some CS work over the weekend :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Submitted them in game, and from the support site. Seriously though, how hard could it be to fix something so simple lol.

Reference Number: 151113-002141
    Created: 11/13/2015 01:40 PM
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    And yet another days passes by and nothing..............
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    What in the flying hell, this has to the be WORST support team that I have ever encountered in an online game. I submitted a ticket about 5 days ago and I got some random response about consoles lol. I mean seriously wtf haha. Logged in to see if the gold was refunded and nope, nothing and yet the ticket says SOLVED.
    Response By Email (Varsha) (11/17/2015 07:22 PM)
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited team. We wish to apologize for how long it has taken us to get back to you regarding your help request. In light of the excitement and great demand for ESOTU, we are currently experiencing high contact volume.

We recently released patches for both XBox One and PS4 which we beleive has resolved many of the issues that players have recently been reporting. To review what issued have been addressed, please review the patch notes linked below:

XBox One:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/184843/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-0-0-5
    PS4:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185449/playstation-4-patch-notes-v01-04

If you are still experiencing an issue, please feel free to respond back so we can assist you further. We also encourage you to search our support site at
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com for any in-game topics or issues you may have questions about. There are lots of helpful FAQs and links to our social pages.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team

And of course the golden part:
    Question Reference # 151112-001153

Date Created: 11/12/2015 06:39 AM
    Date Last Updated: 11/17/2015 07:22 PM

I seriously do not understand how hard is it to get a gm or whoever to simply remove the 50k gold from the guild bank and put it back on my character lol? Good lord haha. Funniest though is that they linked me some stuff about xbox and ps4 even though I submitted it for the PC lol.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, there we go then. At least you've got beyond the stock response now. They will always mark it Solved when they send out the stock responses. You just need to reply and tell them there is no technical issue, you just want to be able to access the Guild Bank to get your money back.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ah well, there we go then. At least you've got beyond the stock response now. They will always mark it Solved when they send out the stock responses. You just need to reply and tell them there is no technical issue, you just want to be able to access the Guild Bank to get your money back.

Yea I did, see how long that will take now haha.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    You can disregard any attempt to fix this issue. Guild leader got his account going and simply passed me guild lead.