The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil plans

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler was wondering if there are any plans on the table to do something around Keep claiming, display of guild banners, levels of the keeps, upkeep cost of keeps, type of guards, etc etc ?!

Some of the basis is already there, but seems it was never really expanded on / utilized. (ie. many of the things seem to have been taken from how DAoC did it)

Don't think many people even realize that keeps and resources have a level (1-5) and that each level gives a bonus of some sort. As it stands now, people show up at a keep and just smash the place within a few minutes, regardless of how many resources are owned or what level the keep and resources are.
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler was wondering if there are any plans on the table to do something around Keep claiming, display of guild banners, levels of the keeps, upkeep cost of keeps, type of guards, etc etc ?!

Some of the basis is already there, but seems it was never really expanded on / utilized. (ie. many of the things seem to have been taken from how DAoC did it)

Don't think many people even realize that keeps and resources have a level (1-5) and that each level gives a bonus of some sort. As it stands now, people show up at a keep and just smash the place within a few minutes, regardless of how many resources are owned or what level the keep and resources are.

I think that is like number: 1054 on their "to do list" ... if there is even any.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they hinted about upcoming changes to Cyrodiil :

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2438329/#Comment_2438329
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2438692/#Comment_2438692

Hence was wondering if any of this is still being considered, or has been shelved indefinitely.
    Edited by Docmandu on November 16, 2015 2:56PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Brian.. buddy.. mate.. homey.. c'mon you know you want to reply!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure the devs would be able to point out Cyrodiil on a map....
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Everything from here is still valid:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2438329/#Comment_2438329

Looking beyond that, we want to get the Towns into play and give them some more meaning to the war and not just a quest hub (although the dailies will still be there). One of the topics regarding town capture is adding more respawn points via those towns... Also in discussion are AP gains in groups and the behavior it encourages/discourages as well as the rate of AP gains as a whole.

While we'd love to get banners on keeps for guilds that own them, that's still on the back burner. The rate which keeps flip is also pretty fast and we're looking at changing that. We also see requests to spend AP at keeps to make them go through the upgrades, however that's an entire redesign of the system which would take a long time to get in, so we're looking into other methods of keep upgrades within the current system for both Keeps and the Resources.

Performance is still the priority of the programmer group looking into Cyrodiil at this time, but we are getting updates that we can for the next patch.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Looking beyond that, we want to get the Towns into play and give them some more meaning to the war and not just a quest hub (although the dailies will still be there). One of the topics regarding town capture is adding more respawn points via those towns... Also in discussion are AP gains in groups and the behavior it encourages/discourages as well as the rate of AP gains as a whole.

While we'd love to get banners on keeps for guilds that own them, that's still on the back burner. The rate which keeps flip is also pretty fast and we're looking at changing that. We also see requests to spend AP at keeps to make them go through the upgrades, however that's an entire redesign of the system which would take a long time to get in, so we're looking into other methods of keep upgrades within the current system for both Keeps and the Resources.

Performance is still the priority of the programmer group looking into Cyrodiil at this time, but we are getting updates that we can for the next patch.

@Sypher Now can we close the thread that turned off topic -_-

That all sounds good Brian. I guess people might start believing Devs read threads they don't respond in.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler awesome, thanks for the feedback! Always nice to know if something is still on the back burner or totally out. (and I know things can change and there's also this thing called time and resources that tends to get in the way of things :smile: ).

• MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler please do something about IC to make it a place worth PvPing. At least in the Arena district, lower npc density and add objectives to the districts. The sewers are fine for PVEers
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler please do something about IC to make it a place worth PvPing. At least in the Arena district, lower npc density and add objectives to the districts. The sewers are fine for PVEers

Yes!! I've been saying this. Please pleae please
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also in discussion are AP gains in groups and the behavior it encourages/discourages as well as the rate of AP gains as a whole.

If only we could get some comment about the current AoE system (low health targeted heals versus capped damage) and the negative, game breaking behavior it encourages (lag inducing invincible blobs).

But, its not Brian's responsibility. :(
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler At the risk of being foolish... are the keep upgrades even working? Specifically the wall and door upgrades? I thought the walls were supposed to upgrade and heal themselves up to 100. Most, if not all keeps, IF they even do this, must take 2 hours or more to bring the walls back to 100%, because I am constantly seeing walls, after the upgrades, sitting at 82% around the entire keep. In another game, where I was constantly repairing walls, (just like I pretty much spend 80% of my AP doing here), I could actually see a wall go up from 82% to 83% while I was repairing the wall next to it. Here.. I can do an entire keep with all the walls at 82%, repair each up to 90, then go around again and start at 90 to 91. Is it that slow, does the timer reset when a player repairs, (which would be pretty stupid, sorry), or is it broken?

The additional guards, yeah, I can pretty much see that upgrade. Stronger guards.. err.. sorry.. I dont really notice, as when a 12-main raid focuses on one or two guards, they melt, no matter if they have 5% or 15% more HP. There are times when an entire raid can set up full siege in the courtyard and not set of the guards on the portals on the side.. That is.. silly. One thing to look at is raising their group awareness.. however, again... if they melt to the raid group.. it really doesnt matter how aware they are. Most guard fights are max 3 or so guards vs 12-24 players.. that's just.. weird.

IF the upgrades are working.. maybe more levels to make the keeps stronger? Or have them add respawning ballistas/catas/oils? Give them a 5 min cooldown after destruction or something, but leave the space avail at that time for players to place siege weaponry there?

Banners for guilds? Meh, frankly, your keep guards get the uniforms. While neat, its.. kinda pointless.

Lastly, the towns.. Yeah, making them available to capture would be cool, along with the respawn. You guys may need to look at the roaming guards based on the keeps in the area when you do it.. Just a reminder.

AS you have said many times before, spreading players out will benefit performance. but.. well.. I sometimes still have problems with ping and frame rate, WHEN I LAND AT MY FACTIONS BASE on AS, much less with two 24+ raids fighting each other at a keep. Nothing as bad as before, but.. well.. like lots of people, I been getting Wrothgar goodies..

Soon tho, back to Cyro, so Zazeer does not shoot me.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest just removing the campaign change restrictions altogether. At one time I may have been a proponent, but in reality all it does is impede people from leaving the one laggy campaign we have enough population to play on. At launch, on paper I would have been worried about spies, but they already happen, and they honestly don't even have much of an impact anyway. I'm sure there are concerns over emp and campaign rewards on your end, but as of right now, the limitations are far more of a hindrance than a benefit imo.

I'd also suggest lowering pop caps a bit. They were raised to allow people to be in IC and cyrodiil, but now that the luster of IC has faded, everyone is in cyrodiil and the game can't handle that many players. Maybe up the pop cap again after a few performance fixes are in the game and things are better, but right now having everyone in NA azura's is a disaster.
    Edited by Zheg on November 17, 2015 7:29PM
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can speak for our team and the other largest DC guild supports this more so than I:

We do not want to see you in a campaign as red/yellow one day and then blue another.

That comment reflects the sentiments of over 600 highly active DC pvpers. Which is probably the majority of your remaining daily player base in DC.

I'm sure some disagree, but the statement above is fact.

It creates a toxic environment in zone because, obviously, those players are trolled when they come in. And so their friends who maybe don't cross-faction in the same campaign feel the need to defend......And then all hell brakes lose.

Give them a chance to choose each month at the start of the campaign, or something. But seeing XYZ as blue one night, and then in the same campaign seeing them on red during the same 24-hour span is just....stupid.

• SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account faction lock yes, add a population balance mechanic, fix bugs!
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NPK Daniel wrote: »
    I can speak for our team and the other largest DC guild supports this more so than I:

We do not want to see you in a campaign as red/yellow one day and then blue another.

That comment reflects the sentiments of over 600 highly active DC pvpers. Which is probably the majority of your remaining daily player base in DC.

It creates a toxic environment in zone because, obviously, those players are trolled when they come in. And so their friends who maybe don't cross-faction in the same campaign feel the need to defend......And then all hell brakes lose.

Give them a chance to choose each month at the start of the campaign, or something. But seeing XYZ as blue one night, and then in the same campaign seeing them on red during the same 24-hour span is just....stupid.

Faction lock is dumb. Let people play with their friends. Your stupid beef with people from other factions is just that, stupid. It's a game. It's meant to be fun. Not being able to play with your friends is not fun. That's why they started fixing diverging quest lines, so you wouldn't be forced out of grouping with your friends if you hit the wrong option.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If faction locks are a thing, how can we night cap on red and afk in a keep on blue during prime time? Riddle me that.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you don't like the toxic environment in zone, considering you're the one trolling when they come in (or your people) maybe stop doing it? Picking a childish fight because a % of a guild has characters in another alliance is literally absurd at this point in the game, even more so considering you worked hand in hand with said guild after they switched alliances lol. Lately it just seems like you're looking for attention, and I don't get it, nor do I even care any more.

I'd be flabbergasted if PC NA DC even had 600 'highly active' pvpers to begin with, much less all agreeing with you.

The pvp population across the board is a mere shadow of what it used to be, particularly with regards to the long-time good pvpers. Most of the good pvpers I know of play more than one alliance currently or have in the past, and you want to threaten the already anemic population even more by locking entire accounts to a single alliance? Because even if you only meant locking them to a single campaign, guess what, there's only enough population right now to play on one campaign.

People play across alliances to play with friends; given how few still pvp compared to what we started with, it's healthy for the game if it keeps people playing and active. Know what's not healthy for the game? Assigning your raids numbers.
    Edited by Zheg on November 17, 2015 9:04PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Faction lock is dumb. Let people play with their friends. Your stupid beef with people from other factions is just that, stupid. It's a game. It's meant to be fun. Not being able to play with your friends is not fun. That's why they started fixing diverging quest lines, so you wouldn't be forced out of grouping with your friends if you hit the wrong option.

I agree. Let those friends play together...IN PVE DUNGEON CRAWLS!!!

So no, you pick a faction you stay with it. You wanna play with your friends? Then roll a toon to play with them. If they aren't willing to help you level, then maybe they aren't as much a friend as you thought. It's all good in PvE, but PvP needs boundries. There's already enough spying and crap going on. Troll scroll carriers etc. No, just no on multi-faction on the same campaign. It's already happening anyway when people buy a second account. Of course ZoS don't mind that, cause it's just money to them.They could care less about the integrity of the game,community or players involved.
    Edited by Dreyloch on November 17, 2015 9:14PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

I agree. Let those friends play together...IN PVE DUNGEON CRAWLS!!! So no, you pick a faction you stay with it. You wanna play with your friends, then roll a toon to play with them. If they aren't willing to help you level, then maybe they aren't as much a friend as you thought.

You would have to have a toon on their alliance to play with them, so im not sure what the relevance of this comment is.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

I agree. Let those friends play together...IN PVE DUNGEON CRAWLS!!! So no, you pick a faction you stay with it. You wanna play with your friends, then roll a toon to play with them. If they aren't willing to help you level, then maybe they aren't as much a friend as you thought.

Wot.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Disagree completely. Faction lock-outs are dumb. Relax and go with the flow -- its a game, remember?
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pve not faction locked, pvp is. like having player collision in pvp but not in a town. all is moot at this point in eso pvp, it is over the hump for saving.
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler any thought on removing one or two vet campaigns? As it stands right now Azura is unplayable for a lot of us due to lag fps drops, but if we go to another one it's not as pupulated because the population is split among heradus, trueflame, and axe.. I think just having 2 vet campaigns would be ideal.
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like less campaigns! They don't want to have to few campaigns because of alts. You can't home alts in other factions on the same campaign. Players cheat around this by travel to player, group porting, etc. Until restrictions are removed on opposing faction alts I don't see them having to few campaigns. An ETA on restriction removal has not been said, SOON..
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ishammael wrote: »

Disagree completely. Faction lock-outs are dumb. Relax and go with the flow -- its a game, remember?

Playing an alt in different faction on the same server is fine but there should be campaign lock-outs (assuming there are multiple campaigns in the future). It can be disruptive and dysfunctional.

Edited by WebBull on November 17, 2015 11:24PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    At the risk of being foolish... are the keep upgrades even working? Specifically the wall and door upgrades? I thought the walls were supposed to upgrade and heal themselves up to 100. Most, if not all keeps, IF they even do this, must take 2 hours or more to bring the walls back to 100%, because I am constantly seeing walls, after the upgrades, sitting at 82% around the entire keep. In another game, where I was constantly repairing walls, (just like I pretty much spend 80% of my AP doing here), I could actually see a wall go up from 82% to 83% while I was repairing the wall next to it. Here.. I can do an entire keep with all the walls at 82%, repair each up to 90, then go around again and start at 90 to 91. Is it that slow, does the timer reset when a player repairs, (which would be pretty stupid, sorry), or is it broken?
    @Darlgon It was working the last time I checked (which was a while ago), but with Azurah, it's really easy to see whether it's working or not, so I can check again. The values are really small though, when you consider each use of a Masonry Repair Kit restores 2,500 HP; at Level 2, wall regeneration is 10 HP every 20 seconds, up to 15 HP every 20 seconds at Level 4.

I think the resource upgrades need to be more efficient. Maybe base values should be lower, and each separate upgrade should be worth more, so that it's more obvious that they provide a tangible bonus.
    Edited by Enodoc on November 17, 2015 11:18PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure if other players agree with me, but i feel its time for ZoS to go back and redesign the layout for keeps. Change their shape/size/layout into a more interesting design. Add patrolling guard packs for the courtyard, elite NPC's.

Its time to change keep design!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure if other players agree with me, but i feel its time for ZoS to go back and redesign the layout for keeps. Change their shape/size/layout into a more interesting design. Add patrolling guard packs for the courtyard, elite NPC's.

Its time to change keep design!
    Sure! As soon as they fix the lag.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPK does not speak for me.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be done nothing to Cyrodiil except for working on the lag issue. We don't need new objectives if we aren't even able to play during primetime.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad