Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two Years of ESO PvP - Rylana's comments for ZOS

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveheart wrote: »
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Cooldown on purge would definitely help kill zergblobs.

And that would be a good thing.

That may be your opinion (and mine), but the overwhelming amount of evidence suggests that ZOS doesn't agree with you/us.

Probably doesn't help that Wrobel and the rest of the combat team all run some sort of nightblade, be it stamblade or magblade.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a world where the opportunity to make something truly great out of one of the biggest franchises in gaming is squandered by what seems to be inept developers, I weep myself to sleep each night.
  • saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    YES ADD v16 BAGS with RELEVANT gear or make the drops from dungeons BoE not BoP.

Initially the damage nerf was annoying, but you eventually come to the conclusion that it hurts the average joe way more that it does the seasoned vets so you come to peace with it. Its still disheartening sometimes that my incapacitating strike( a freaking ultimate) regularly does less damage than a surprise attack.

Siege definitely needs to be more effective cause its a complete joke right now.

Lag will NEVER be fixed. If it was fixable, they'd have already done it. They can lessen to a degree by nerfing the *** out of zergs to make them more unappealing to be in, but everything they have done is the complete opposite of that so gg no rematch.
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever tell us WHY pvp bags haven't been upgraded to v16?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Did anyone ever tell us WHY pvp bags haven't been upgraded to v16?
    Because they don't want people to have instant access to VR16 gear with all the AP they saved up. It's a mechanism to control the market. Also, some of the PvP bags might contain rings and ZOS only wants people to use one of the 3 new jewelry sets introduced with IC.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 11, 2015 6:27PM
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit, I came in here thinking 'oh rylana posting here we go', however, I completely agree.

For all of the changes and fixed and (lol) 'improvements'... the PVP game was better a year ago.

Edited by Frawr on November 11, 2015 8:00PM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Just noting that the thread has been read and there are things in here we're working on. Rich's thing is /lurk...I don't have one of those yet.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just noting that the thread has been read and there are things in here we're working on. Rich's thing is /lurk...I don't have one of those yet.

It's important to have a catch phrase, Brian.

Edit: Arena confirmed! Hype! :trollface:
    Edited by Manoekin on November 11, 2015 9:01PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so Brian, because despite your efforts, and I know youve genuinely tried, the PvP centric player really got the short end of the stick through all we have seen change.

Its a sentiment repeated over and over. I want our good times back, too many of us have left out of frustration, the community as a whole has shrank to a handful (thinking only of the old school launch day and prior folks here). What we see today are new feet in the water, and sure you enabled that well, but the die hard are well.... just dying off.

Hopefully some good comes of this.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, I agree with everything except the limited access to IC. They should not limit access to something I am paying to have access to.

To tell you the truth, IC should be its own zone. It should not take away the population of the actual war. Even on pop locked servers, it feels empty topside.

***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

I hope so Brian, because despite your efforts, and I know youve genuinely tried, the PvP centric player really got the short end of the stick through all we have seen change.

Its a sentiment repeated over and over. I want our good times back, too many of us have left out of frustration, the community as a whole has shrank to a handful (thinking only of the old school launch day and prior folks here). What we see today are new feet in the water, and sure you enabled that well, but the die hard are well.... just dying off.

Hopefully some good comes of this.

yup, there really aren't very many names that I recognize anymore...even on the forums. Not many of us left, and its getting really hard to continue to be a customer.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the effort to comment, but over the course of nearly two years, I think it's possible to just randomly interchange remarks like this, since they have been made so many times and the result is the current state of PvP. At this point it might be wiser to just not talk instead of the endless repetition of 'we are working on it' or whatever variant.

Promises have worn out by now, results is what matters.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 11, 2015 9:43PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, you normally have information. I think that's against the ToS or something.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you share what you are working on, expected launch dates, and so forth?
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Can you share what you are working on, expected launch dates, and so forth?

short answer... nope.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Since most of this information is scattered about the forums here's a nice condensed "short answer" list:
    • Reintroducing forward camps with smaller radius', restrictive respawning within radius only and global cooldown.
    • Refactoring Siege damage (again)
    • Removing alliance campaign restrictions on your account
    • Allowing you to unassign yourself with cooldowns
    • Redo'ing the guards at the Scroll gates and putting them on the ground
    • More things to spend your AP on and updating current sets to higher levels

Most, if not all, of these changes should be in the next major update (barring issues with testing).

We are also staying vigilant about improving performance in Cyrodiil. There were a few ability changes made earlier this week and we're watching the performance after those changes, but we're still digging into getting the performance better.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that's actual information. Thank you!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Not his domain I think
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Aoe caps?
    Wrobel territory.
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭

We are also staying vigilant about improving performance in Cyrodiil. There were a few ability changes made earlier this week and we're watching the performance after those changes, but we're still digging into getting the performance better.

I just took this out, because it was said so many times... i cld make a book out of it (over those two years). So i ll believe it, when i will see it. So far the performance is going the oposite way - the bad one.(the older this game gets, the worse it is)
    Edited by Raizin on November 11, 2015 11:05PM
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since most of this information is scattered about the forums here's a nice condensed "short answer" list:
    • Reintroducing forward camps with smaller radius', restrictive respawning within radius only and global cooldown.

Most, if not all, of these changes should be in the next major update (barring issues with testing).

Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us, this is always welcomed.

Any word on removing AoE caps? It is something the majority of the community has been asking for and would benefit fair PvP.

Also, anything else that can be implemented to discourage players balling up and wreaking havoc on server performance will also be welcomed with open arms.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for this, very much appreciated.

All of these things are great. The irony is that we used to have all of these things.

What about big picture? Where is Cyrodiil headed? Any big additions planned? New locations to fight over? Fixes to IC to make it part of the AvA campaign rather than simply a dungeon? How do you intended to address AoE caps, zerging, etc. and the other litany of imbalances that rear their ugly heads only in the PvP environment? Not expecting instant content to be sure... Just want to know your vision and where your work efforts are headed.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please get Wrobel over here, Mr. Wheebler. I'm fairly sure he will be good at answering queries regarding the things he works on.
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Not expecting instant content to be sure... Just want to know your vision and where your work efforts are headed.

Agreed
    Communication is key
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on November 12, 2015 12:44AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Out of pure curiosity, are you noticing any significant improvement at all from the changes that were made earlier this week?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd suggest /skulk

And thank you for the update. ^_^
    Edited by Icy on November 12, 2015 1:21AM
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Performance in Cyrodiil is something we absolutely need to improve...

We're monitoring the ability adjustments, but we're not going to stop there. There's a lot of investigation and work left to be done.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Performance in Cyrodiil is something we absolutely need to improve...

We're monitoring the ability adjustments, but we're not going to stop there. There's a lot of investigation and work left to be done.

let players do half of work for you, remove damage caps so players can destroy these lagging zerg balls. Be company of smart decisions
    Edited by VincentBlanquin on November 12, 2015 2:01AM
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade