The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't open Greater Lockboxes or deposit them in my Bank

Elder_III
Elder_III
✭✭✭✭
I bought 4 Tel Var Greater Lockboxes - VR16 Phoenix set. I bought them with a VR3 alt, since that was the one in the IC Sewers at the time. To my great dismay and disgust, I can't open the Lockboxes (no biggie) nor can a deposit them in my Bank in order to open them on a VR16 character (huge issue). I submitted a ticket of course, but I'm checking here to see if there is any fix for this?

*sadpanda*
Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe its because your character is too low. These guarantee V16 gear whereas the lesser boxes scale to your character's level... Might have to just wait.
    N64 NA EP
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe its because your character is too low. These guarantee V16 gear whereas the lesser boxes scale to your character's level... Might have to just wait.

Well if that is the case it's bad design. They should either prevent players from buying them at all until VR16 or have a pop up notification when you attempt to buy it. I have no intent to level that particular character to VR16 anytime soon since I have a VR16 character (my wife's actually) that is in need of that gear right now and I have 2 VR16s of my own to play and another VR ahead of the VR3 that bought the lockboxes. To sum it up I don't want to wait months to give the gear to my wife, and I shouldn't have to. There's no reason to not allow me to deposit it in the bank. This gear is able to be sold and traded once you open the lockboxes, so there's not any sensible reason to not let players deposit them in the bank at the very least.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp..

They did ya a favor, the Phoenix set is horribly bugged in many ways
    N64 NA EP