Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mercenary Motif - Hope your crafter is ready to run dungeons...

• Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    I love it....

Finally crafting is a profession instead of another activity for non crafters. Should have been this way from the start imho.

ZOS please continue along these lines.

If crafting is too much effort for you then commission the crafted gear from someone who puts that effort in. Sounds like the crafting economy will increase in value with changes like these.

And the scaling nodes is brilliant. Economic reward for leveling AND putting skill points into a crafting trade. Yet another boost for crafters as only they will have access to the higher level raw material nodes. Would like to see craglorn to be this way in the future.
    Edited by Tallowby on November 12, 2015 5:49PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup it's a mess. ;)

I have a full suite and I'm having to rebuild my crafter group. I am actually enjoying this although I can see how much pain it can generate for many.

I have now recreated the soft crafts by force leveling several VR chars to level 50 in Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting. The last was expensive.

Luckily my Woodworker/Clothier is VR10, but I'm having to level my Blacksmith, my first char, created right when the game dropped for PC, from level 28. That's going well and should not take more than a week.

As I have made every damn bit of everything that my chars have worn since the game came out, I care less for dropped stuff. I do tend to spend ridiculous amounts acquiring motifs, but money's pretty easy for a group like mine. We make, from 11 writs a day, quite a pile of gold and often stuff I can sell. As some things pile up, I sell off 200 stacks, a lot, wanna but some fish?

I run behind the pack as I don't care much about rare stuff but I end up with it anyway, as time goes by. ;) As for utility, my fighters go out in all purple, with at least blue level Enchants, the appropriate blue food, I sell purple a lot, appropriate tripots and kinda dominate the game.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    God forbid people do group-based content in a Massively Multiplayer Online game

Go back to Skyrim if you want to do everything on one toon.

God forbid people who have real-life duties (family for example) and can't stick on the keyboard for 1 hour straight to run a dungeon (the usually time for pug group to forming till finished the run). My play time usually be interrupted by #$^%$ happen in real life and I have to afk for 5-30m, no estimate. Will you wait for me in a dungeon?

I play in a casual way, Roleplay, doing quest, gathering mats... things that I can just drop and do whatever needed me to do irl. To roleplayer like me (oh yes, I rp with other people, this is a MMO after all right?), cosmetic is something importance, it's like you "raiders" want a specific trait for your gear, I want my gear look in a specific way. I don't understand why Laurel need to be bound. If it's was an epic gear then I understand it gated behind something and be bound so only the top players can have it. But a cosmetic item? It does no good for any type of players. Raiders can't sell it to make profit, casual players who can't run dungeon can't buy it.

UN-BIND LAUREL!
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on November 15, 2015 10:34AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny. My crafter was not decked out for combat at all. Now he's even stronger than my main PvPer character. Thanks Mercenary motif!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Just learn something rubbish like boots on your main. Farm shard to get to 10 in one craft.

Put material in bank for crafter to make.

Easy

I think the problem was not the skill points required, but the tediousness of collecting/creating items to decon on the non-charting character(s). I worked around this by shuffling all those 'Intricate' items you get from Writs over to my bank alt, but I've been doing that for months prior for the purposes of doing Writs on more than my main--it was still slow and tedious. If I'd had to start from zero crafting skills right off the bat in Orsinium, I know I'd be frustrated right now too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something weird is going on. On day 1 I opened 8 Undaunted chests and found 4 chapters, which is fine. But since then I do at least one pledge every day and haven't found any chapter since day 1. And no Laurels as well.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU