Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mostly solo player looking for tips levelling up

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I played a ton at launch, went away for a few months, then came back a week ago and started playing again. I'm a mostly solo player as literally none of my friends have the game.

For the entirety of the time I've played the game, I've had TERRIBLE luck finding people to do dungeons with (tried joining guilds, only JUST got a message back from one of them) so I've only done a few of those.

I also haven't even touched Cyrodiil yet (trying to save it until I've finished my last alliance).

I've gone through each zone so far, doing every quest I find, grabbing all the skyshards and lorebooks along the way.

I'm currently in Auridon (VR 6) and I'm VR 5. When questing through other alliances, I've always been 1 Veteran Rank below the recommendation, and I've always fought at a disadvantage as a result. I can't help but feel as though this is why it's been such a pain to play solo all this time.

I'm basically asking for tips to level up before I continue with Auridon.

Side note: If there's anyone reading this who's part of a trading guild on XB1 EU, then can you please invite me? My current guild is extremely inactive and none of my stuff is selling.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you are utilizing both of your skill bars. I neglected that until I started Gold. But I leveled up Bow and Healing Staff quickly. Have one bar your go to bar with the skills you use the most, make the second bar the one you want to level. When you turn in quests, make sure your second bar is the active one.

Learn your rotation. Take chances. Learn from your mistakes. Use your ultimates.

I also skipped all content and only did Cadwell. I just finished and plan on going back to pick up what I missed. Some of it will be easier now so that is a plus, and it will help me level up.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KraziJoe wrote: »
    Make sure you are utilizing both of your skill bars. I neglected that until I started Gold. But I leveled up Bow and Healing Staff quickly. Have one bar your go to bar with the skills you use the most, make the second bar the one you want to level. When you turn in quests, make sure your second bar is the active one.

Learn your rotation. Take chances. Learn from your mistakes. Use your ultimates.

I also skipped all content and only did Cadwell. I just finished and plan on going back to pick up what I missed. Some of it will be easier now so that is a plus, and it will help me level up.

I'm not asking for tips levelling up specific skills, I'm asking for tips levelling up in general. I already know about utilizing both of my skill bars, using my ultimate, etc.

I'm 1 Veteran Rank below the zone I'm up to, and I'd like to gain that rank before progressing any further with it.
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    When I finished Gold I was 2 levels behind. If you can't kill the stuff in front of you, then keep doing delves etc until you get over the hump. Upgrade armor, weapons etc. There is not much else you can do except grind and do all quests in the zone before you move to the next one. Don't worry about dungeons until you finished, and then go back...
    It might also help by knowing what class you are.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    if it is only one rank go buy an experience scroll and get it done or pop into Cyrodill and run some caves.
    Only take you one-two days at max.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not asking for tips levelling up specific skills, I'm asking for tips levelling up in general. I already know about utilizing both of my skill bars, using my ultimate, etc.

I'm 1 Veteran Rank below the zone I'm up to, and I'd like to gain that rank before progressing any further with it.

Depends on what rank you are at. VR1 to 3, the zombies outside the Vile Lab in Coldharbor are good for a couple of VR Ranks, and a bunch of loot. If you have access to Wrothgar, that is a good place to level by grinding mobs. If your past VR1/3 already, then google ESO Level 1 to 50 and you can find the grind spots for the zones you are in. They are the same in the Vet Instances, so you can grind on them.

However a couple of hours at the Vile Lab can get you from VR1 to VR3, it might not even take 2 hours.

Another way to get some nice exp for leveling is to do the Group Dungeons. But, it would help to be in a guild to find group members. Although the recent changes to the grouping tool have made finding groups through that easier.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    I do a lot of fishing which gets me a fair amount of Perfect Roe's, which I can then trade for 3 Psijic ambrosia potions for each Roe with someone who has the recipe.

Psijic ambrosia potions give you a 50% experience income boost for 30 minutes, so maybe this is something you could give a go.

Or you could just buy them, I've seen them go for about 4-5k each on PS4 EU.
    Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on November 10, 2015 6:22PM
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do a lot of fishing which gets me a fair amount of Perfect Roe's, which I can then trade for 3 Psijic ambrosia potions for each Roe with someone who has the recipe.

Psijic ambrosia potions give you a 50% experience income boost for 30 minutes, so maybe this is something you could give a go.

I've been completing writs every single day trying to get that recipe. Still haven't found my first fragment.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All

I've been completing writs every single day trying to get that recipe. Still haven't found my first fragment.

With the recipe you can get 4 Pjisic ambrosia's per Perfect roe, but without the recipe you can still get 3 pots per Roe by letting the cook who's crafting them for you keep the 4th potion as payment.
    Fat Argonian Cook.