Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about factions/veteranship

zydrateanatomy
I understand that completing the main story will allow you to go and experience the other faction's zones and quests. I have a few questions about this;
-You can collect all their skyshards too?
-Can you interact with the other players? (I'd think so, since it'd be hard to find people to help with dungeons and dolmens, so on) By extension, is this permanent?

...I had other questions but I forgot them. So let's start with these two.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can (and should) collect all the skyshards.

You can interact with players from your own faction, but you cannot interact with or even see players from the other factions. You are in a completely different version of these zones that are scaled to Veteran Rank.
  • zydrateanatomy
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Yes, you can (and should) collect all the skyshards.

You can interact with players from your own faction, but you cannot interact with or even see players from the other factions. You are in a completely different version of these zones that are scaled to Veteran Rank.

Ah.
    And how populated are these zones? It seems I might miss out on stuff if there's not a lot of people from my own faction in the area.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    As populated as the zones that you're working through now, because those same players will be progressing through those zones before, behind, and alongside you.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank