Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stage 1 boss vet mode - Maxus

Makkir
Makkir
✭✭✭✭✭
I can get this boss down to like 30% but at some point the adds just overwhelm me. How the hell do I beat this boss as a majicka sorc?

What I found really helped was keeping liquid lightning on the boss, and boundless storm up and the adds seemed to drop faster. I also need to keep harness majicka up 100% of the time. I even swapped to and tried the atronach ultimate to help control adds.

• Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    What dungeon is this your post is rather confusing?
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maelstrom arena
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This boss is very annoying in Vet mode, much harder than the next two stages.

What works: Make sure you build up lots of ultimate during the early rounds, then use Overload light attacks to burn down the boss as quickly as possible. Focus on the boss, not the adds. If the adds start to pile up on you, use Streak to stun them and get away from them so you can resume burning the boss.

What DOESN'T work: Using your Clannfear (or other pet) to distract the boss while you deal with the adds completely FAILS. This boss ignores pet aggro and focuses attacks on the player at all times. It's so bogus!

Edited by Emma_Overload on November 9, 2015 6:16PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Eunjung , ok so some adjusting on my bars. Most of those mechanics I figured out. I ignore the adds completely until they get out of hand. I will dump Meteor however and replace with overload and pick up the power sigil right off the bat. I assumed the best strat for this fight is a straight DPS fight at the beginning to burn asap, but what I couldn't figure out is if his health percentage triggers different stages (like most raid bosses in WoW did).

Staying close to the boss and keeping liquid lighting on him with boundless storm was actually dropping adds without my having to even touch them. In fact I was regularly pushing the boss to about 60% before he summoned his second wave of add(s).

I was using encase at first to keep the adds at bay, and i have found boundless storm to be great for mobility.

Thanks for the tips, I think i'll just toss harness majicka, Streak, entrophy, ward, and lightning on my overload bar and just go balls to the walls

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Makkir One way to beat him without Overload is to slot Dawnbreaker of Smiting. Use it when he spawns two or more clones. By the time they are dead, and he attempts to summon more clones, you will have the Ultimate back up for use again.

Remember they are Daedra, so Fighter's Guild skills are all extra effective.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just build your overload and pew-pew him to death, also I use lightning form for extra mobility.
    Imo, going full burst is much better for a sorc in vMA than playing defensively. Just make sure you always have at least 10-15k of your shiled remaining.
    And dont use any ulti other than overload. Just... Dont. Believe me, strategically used overload makes vMA much easier.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to focus only on boss. Before the fight starts use Power sigil. After boss devours first adds - take the Defence sigil and continue focusing just on him. After taking the Defense sigil just torn on your Overload and I don't bother with boundless storm, just keep your hardened ward all time and while defens sigil is active you don't need harness magicka.

Crystal frags; force pulse; hardened ward; inner light + spell of your choice and overload as ult should do the job.

If you use Lightning Fluid then you must use Force Pulse as it does extra dmg.

As an option you can put some CP points from whatever you are using to Elemental Dmg as it effects staff/force/liquid and Overload.

Good luck!

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    @Makkir One way to beat him without Overload is to slot Dawnbreaker of Smiting. Use it when he spawns two or more clones. By the time they are dead, and he attempts to summon more clones, you will have the Ultimate back up for use again.

Remember they are Daedra, so Fighter's Guild skills are all extra effective.

This post was necro'd and very old. I have since beaten him several, several times. Thanks