The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So you're telling me to download 32GB again after downloading the new update?

demustacio
Okay so i am pissed. i don't know if it's a problem with my client only but last night after the update went live, i went ahead and update the whole game for how many GBs i don't know. I just left my launcher to update while i do my college work. After the update is done, i tried to play it and it ALWAYS crashes during the first losing screen before entering your account name and password. Over and over again i tried, even restarting the computer. Still i had the crashes, so i went a head and repair the client. And what do i get? 32GB worth of download to play the game... i mean common really? I play from Asia and the net's not that good here with only 1mbps. And after i'm done with the 32GB what will come next? another surprise to your face 100GB?

This is just a rant from me nothing more. So if you're not having the problem i'm having please just understand a guy will you
You won't see what hit you
  • Bubbha
    Bubbha
    ✭✭
    demustacio wrote: »
    Okay so i am pissed. i don't know if it's a problem with my client only but last night after the update went live, i went ahead and update the whole game for how many GBs i don't know. I just left my launcher to update while i do my college work. After the update is done, i tried to play it and it ALWAYS crashes during the first losing screen before entering your account name and password. Over and over again i tried, even restarting the computer. Still i had the crashes, so i went a head and repair the client. And what do i get? 32GB worth of download to play the game... i mean common really? I play from Asia and the net's not that good here with only 1mbps. And after i'm done with the 32GB what will come next? another surprise to your face 100GB?

This is just a rant from me nothing more. So if you're not having the problem i'm having please just understand a guy will you

Having same exact problem, already posted it on another discussion. It is incredibly unfair.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Look, i understand perfectly you guys have technical issues, i'm not here to hate or insult or anything of the sort. I do however think, and i really don't think it is an outrageous petition, that I and whomever else is havong this same problems, should be given at least a 1 day extension on our subscription becouse at this point we haven't been able to play for more than 24h between this issues and the 13h maintenance. (i'm leaving out the orsinium downtime becouse that is a logic and expected downtime).

I, personally, am not a casual player, I am logged into eso from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to sleep so, by not being able to log in due to problems on Zenimax side is literally giving that amount of money of a day's subscription to you guys, for free.
    High hopes ZOZ, don't let us down ^^
  • demustacio
    Bubbha wrote: »

Having same exact problem, already posted it on another discussion. It is incredibly unfair.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Look, i understand perfectly you guys have technical issues, i'm not here to hate or insult or anything of the sort. I do however think, and i really don't think it is an outrageous petition, that I and whomever else is havong this same problems, should be given at least a 1 day extension on our subscription becouse at this point we haven't been able to play for more than 24h between this issues and the 13h maintenance. (i'm leaving out the orsinium downtime becouse that is a logic and expected downtime).

I, personally, am not a casual player, I am logged into eso from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to sleep so, by not being able to log in due to problems on Zenimax side is literally giving that amount of money of a day's subscription to you guys, for free.

Yes, i agree with you. While I currently don't have any subscription nor the money to buy DLCs because i spent most of my money on college. I don't think it's fair that a guy who choses not to download DLCs such as IC and Orsinium and even subscribe to the game have to be forced to download the DLC even when i won't be playing it. I know this is a problem from my side but i chose to spend my money on my future first rather than games.

It just pisses me off that i can't enjoy ESO even only for 2 hours before i go to class and hang with my buddies
    You won't see what hit you
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's fair that a guy who choses not to download DLCs such as IC and Orsinium and even subscribe to the game have to be forced to download the DLC even when i won't be playing it.

I'm sorry to say but that's not how MMO clients work in general. With single player games, it's easy to divide DLC content in purchasable chunks and make them downloadable on demand, because no-one else but one player will be impacted by the presence or absence of said content.

Massively Multi-Player Online games can't work that way, their client software needs to be exactly the same for everyone who connects. Content that's used only by some needs to be present in all clients, because this content, or parts thereof, is potentially visible to all (like race models, armor, weapons, mounts, titles, achievements, etc.). That's the reason why in MMOs, no matter whether you buy a new expansion/DLC or not, the client stills loads the complete expansion/DLC content via patch, even if you can't access new areas or levels until you pay for them. But when you do, this content is instantly available to you, which isn't bad either. This way, you're able to go dungeon-crawling in new areas with friends ad hoc whenever you decide to do so, without having to wait for a download to complete first.

• kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue with IC.

Repairing didn't seem to work and just redownloaded the entire game again twice.

Uninstalled and did a fresh install and everything was fine.

• Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying for a week. This is what I keep getting. I cannot submit a ticket either as, for some damn reason I cannot log into the support site. is this the same problem you are all having? I have over 9 gigs of free space on my HD. Is this not enough space? I've deleted A LOT of programs.
    Edited by Wodinn on November 6, 2015 2:48PM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Wodinn !

From what we see in the screenshot, you need about 24gb free. If you only have 9, you won't be able to proceed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how this even happened. R.I.P. to all of my characters.