Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Spell DoT's Crit?

hunter0786
hunter0786
Soul Shriven
I'm a magicka dragonite thinking of switching to the Thief mundus stone for higher crit. However I'm not sure if DoT's crit, if it does for some spell then if people could tell me for which of the skills I use that will be great. I use the following DoT's:

 Destructive Clench (morph of Destructive Touch | Destruction Staff skill line)
 Flames of Oblivion (morph of Inferno | Ardent Flame skill line)
 Fire/Elemental Ring (morph of Impulse | Destruction Staff skill line)
 Structured Entropy (morph of Entropy | Mages Guild skill line)
 Engulfing Flame (morph of Fiery Breath | Ardent Flame skill line)
 Burning Embers (morph of Searing Strike | Ardent Flame skill line)
 Eruption (morph of Ash Cloud | Earthen Heart skill line)
 Scalding Rune (morph of Fire Rune | Mages Guild skill line)
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    Dots can and do crit, for everything from fire to poison. HoTs can crit too. Although you might see more overall damage with more spell power instead of crit. Experiment with both and see what you like.
  • hunter0786
    hunter0786
    Soul Shriven
    Nirnrot wrote: »
    Dots can and do crit, for everything from fire to poison. HoTs can crit too. Although you might see more overall damage with more spell power instead of crit. Experiment with both and see what you like.

Thanks. Do you know if ultimates can crit and whether it's all of them or some of them?