Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resource Management

DenMoria
DenMoria
✭✭✭✭✭
I realize that we have the bank and we have our packs and we can even have alts as mules, but, I am wondering how y'all handle your mats and resources.

I have quite a collection of mats at this point (even at relatively low level), as I am trying to really, really get in to crafting on this build and I'm finding that I'm running out of room for everything. I haven't enough gold at this point to up my capacity above the first two levels (but I will!). I find that I end up dropping the majority of my provisioning supplies in to one of my guild banks and just taking it back from there and redepositing the results (I hope that's okay!).

As I'm interested in making money, is it a good idea to start placing things for sale in the bank as well? If not, is there a good guild to request join to that is for lower level items and mats that I can either deposit or sell with? I notice there are a large number of guilds all over daggerfall (about 6 or 8 I think) that I can buy from, but I have no idea how to join them.

Suggestions?
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    if room becomes an issue spend available gold upgrading your bags and bank space. Bank space can be upgraded by talking to a banker. Bag merchants around town sell bag upgrades. You can also buy upgrades in the crown store. If you need more room past that, you can make up to 8 characters. I made one specifically for holding things. Since all characters you make have access to your one combined bank you can use the bank as a way to transfer items between your characters, if you run out of room there ten make more "mule" characters....if its STILL a problem after that then you need to stop hoarding and sell stuff in the guild banks. If all your sellable item slots are filled in the guild stores.......well, I cant help you there. I'd say go do something else with your time
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    if room becomes an issue spend available gold upgrading your bags and bank space. Bank space can be upgraded by talking to a banker. Bag merchants around town sell bag upgrades. You can also buy upgrades in the crown store. If you need more room past that, you can make up to 8 characters. I made one specifically for holding things. Since all characters you make have access to your one combined bank you can use the bank as a way to transfer items between your characters, if you run out of room there ten make more "mule" characters....if its STILL a problem after that then you need to stop hoarding and sell stuff in the guild banks. If all your sellable item slots are filled in the guild stores.......well, I cant help you there. I'd say go do something else with your time

While I knew all of that already, I LOVE your last comment. That deserved a awesome! :smiley:
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you really don't want to part with your mats to buy more space, then I'd suggest stealing and fencing the items. I get close to 10k gold a day (and it generally takes about an hour) doing this, but you have to upgrade your legerdemain passive that allows you to fence more items per day to at least the second tier. As for joining a guild there is a section on the forums here where you can find a guild to join.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    If you really don't want to part with your mats to buy more space, then I'd suggest stealing and fencing the items. I get close to 10k gold a day (and it generally takes about an hour) doing this, but you have to upgrade your legerdemain passive that allows you to fence more items per day to at least the second tier. As for joining a guild there is a section on the forums here where you can find a guild to join.

Great info on both counts. I'll look for the guild section of the forums. I belong to a couple of small ones, but I want to get in to a couple of big ones now, if only to sell some of the more unique things I've come across that I have no use for.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    When you are at lower levels and have limited bank/bag space, I would advise only holding onto materials for the crafts you are currently leveling (unless or course you happen on a blue/purple/gold crafting mat, I'd keep/sale those as they are harder to acquire later on). Because it is fairly easy to obtain most crafting mats, you don't need to hoard everything...I also wouldn't hold onto stacks of materials you have out-leveled (at least until you have more inventory space). You don't need stacks of jute and maple in your bags when you can make higher tier stuff -- just refine it and sell the refined versions to merchants or other players.

The easiest way to join a trade guild is probably to check out the guild recruitment sections of the forums. You can find them on the forum's homepage all the way at the bottom (divided by server/platform). You can also try hanging out in your alliance capital and listening for guilds recruiting in zone/area chat (depending on your platform). Once you express interest in joining (either by posting on the forums or responding in chat), the guild will send you an invitation that you have the option to accept or decline. Join several guilds and figure out which ones best serve your needs. The bigger trading guilds often have requirements to remain a member that could be tough to accomplish when starting out, so you might want to start with a less exclusive one.

Tips for what mats to hold onto at lower levels:

-Mats for the crafts you are currently leveling (if you are leveling provisioning and space is very limited, you may only want to hold onto mats that can be used in the recipes you have)
    -Blue/Purple/Gold crafting mats for any craft (either for later use or to sell)
    -Racial Style stones for the motifs you like/plan on using
    -Alchemy reagents (either to use or sell)

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    When you are at lower levels and have limited bank/bag space, I would advise only holding onto materials for the crafts you are currently leveling (unless or course you happen on a blue/purple/gold crafting mat, I'd keep/sale those as they are harder to acquire later on). Because it is fairly easy to obtain most crafting mats, you don't need to hoard everything...I also wouldn't hold onto stacks of materials you have out-leveled (at least until you have more inventory space). You don't need stacks of jute and maple in your bags when you can make higher tier stuff -- just refine it and sell the refined versions to merchants or other players.

The easiest way to join a trade guild is probably to check out the guild recruitment sections of the forums. You can find them on the forum's homepage all the way at the bottom (divided by server/platform). You can also try hanging out in your alliance capital and listening for guilds recruiting in zone/area chat (depending on your platform). Once you express interest in joining (either by posting on the forums or responding in chat), the guild will send you an invitation that you have the option to accept or decline. Join several guilds and figure out which ones best serve your needs. The bigger trading guilds often have requirements to remain a member that could be tough to accomplish when starting out, so you might want to start with a less exclusive one.

Tips for what mats to hold onto at lower levels:

-Mats for the crafts you are currently leveling (if you are leveling provisioning and space is very limited, you may only want to hold onto mats that can be used in the recipes you have)
    -Blue/Purple/Gold crafting mats for any craft (either for later use or to sell)
    -Racial Style stones for the motifs you like/plan on using
    -Alchemy reagents (either to use or sell)

Thank you! Great info!

I'm trying not to keep anything white at this point and it's getting to the point where I have so much blue and purple stuff (fortunately I only have few gold at this point) that I don't have any space for the stuff I can actually use.

It's gotten to the point where I'm creating items so far above my level that I have to sell them just to get rid of them.

Maybe upping my crafting so quickly isn't that good of an idea?

On the other hand. With the tip on joining a guild, now at least I can sell off a bunch of stuff that others can use.

Any suggestions on a guild to attempt to join that is for lower level characters (1-50) that can actually use this stuff?

I lost all my V level characters not too long ago and neither ZoS or PSN has been able to locate them so I've had to start all over again. :(
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had very good luck finding trading guilds on the forum. I read through the first few pages of recruitment threads and picked out some guilds that looked like they would suit me, and I was able to join all three of them more or less right away. They don't have any unreasonable requirements and they've all been friendly toward newer or lower-leveled players. I've made sales in all three fairly consistently with my low-level stuff. Having a guild trader definitely helps with sales. Of course I'm not selling anything particularly fancy or expensive, but it is really nice to have an outlet for gear or crafted stuff that I would have to junk at the NPC merchant otherwise.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Thank you! Great info!

I'm trying not to keep anything white at this point and it's getting to the point where I have so much blue and purple stuff (fortunately I only have few gold at this point) that I don't have any space for the stuff I can actually use.

It's gotten to the point where I'm creating items so far above my level that I have to sell them just to get rid of them.

On the other hand. With the tip on joining a guild, now at least I can sell off a bunch of stuff that others can use.

Any suggestions on a guild to attempt to join that is for lower level characters (1-50) that can actually use this stuff?

I lost all my V level characters not too long ago and neither ZoS or PSN has been able to locate them so I've had to start all over again. :(

When you say that you are getting so much blue and purple stuff that you are running out of space and having to get rid of the white stuff, do you mean gear (armor and weapons) as opposed to mats (wood, ore, plants, etc.). Because there really aren't that many different green/blue/purple/gold crafting mats in the game. Most of the items used for crafting are white tier and most of those are for provisioning lol

If you are losing space because you are holding onto blue and purple gear that you can't use, I wouldn't bother...Just deconstruct it for the materials (which are often worth more than the gear itself). If it's white gear, deconstruct or sell to a vendor. Even when you get into a decent trading guild these low level items won't sell for much...People really only buy low level gear for researching the traits and even then they don't pay huge amounts.

The only low level gear I'd hold onto is any that has a trait you personally need to research...anything else that you can't use should be sold to a vendor or deconstructed.

As far as trade guild suggestions, I play on PC, so I'm not going to be much help to you on PS4...What server are you (NA or EU), maybe someone else will have a suggestion.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on November 5, 2015 7:49PM
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Great info!

When you say that you are getting so much blue and purple stuff that you are running out of space and having to get rid of the white stuff, do you mean gear (armor and weapons) as opposed to mats (wood, ore, plants, etc.). Because there really aren't that many different green/blue/purple/gold crafting mats in the game. Most of the items used for crafting are white tier and most of those are for provisioning lol

If you are losing space because you are holding onto blue and purple gear that you can't use, I wouldn't bother...Just deconstruct it for the materials (which are often worth more than the gear itself). If it's white gear, deconstruct or sell to a vendor. Even when you get into a decent trading guild these low level items won't sell for much...People really only buy low level gear for researching the traits and even then they don't pay huge amounts.

The only low level gear I'd hold onto is any that has a trait you personally need to research...anything else that you can't use should be sold to a vendor or deconstructed.

As far as trade guild suggestions, I play on PC, so I'm not going to be much help to you on PS4...What server are you (NA or EU), maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

I did mean gear. Sure I have some blue and purple mats (especially alchemy ingredients). Thank you for the suggestion. Why hang on to it if I can't use it, eh? It'll be a while before I even get close. Maybe I can sell some at a guild? I am on PS4 and play on both NA and EU.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that we have the bank and we have our packs and we can even have alts as mules, but, I am wondering how y'all handle your mats and resources.

Suggestions?

I have 4 mains, two of which are equipment crafters. One does Clothing and Woodworking and one does Blacksmithing. They each hold the refined mats and tempers for all levels. All my mains can do Alchemy and Provisioning. I have one main that does my Enchanting, and he carries all the runes, he also has 170 slots.

In the bank, I have all my raw mats, style and trait materials, all Alchemy and Provisioning too. With 240 slots total, I have 180 of them used just for Mat Storage (repair kits and other similar items too). This leaves 60 slots for transferring things to other characters like for decon or something.

Then I have my 4 mules, two have 170 and 190 slots each, and two have about 90 and100 slots but they will someday be deleted and real characters will be created. On one 190 slot mule I carry all my excess equipment mats, on the other 170 slot mule I carry all my Alchemy and Provisioning Back Stock. On the lower capacity mules I keep Dropped set items that are useful and other misc things.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Suggestions?

I have 4 mains, two of which are equipment crafters. One does Clothing and Woodworking and one does Blacksmithing. They each hold the refined mats and tempers for all levels. All my mains can do Alchemy and Provisioning. I have one main that does my Enchanting, and he carries all the runes, he also has 170 slots.

In the bank, I have all my raw mats, style and trait materials, all Alchemy and Provisioning too. With 240 slots total, I have 180 of them used just for Mat Storage (repair kits and other similar items too). This leaves 60 slots for transferring things to other characters like for decon or something.

Then I have my 4 mules, two have 170 and 190 slots each, and two have about 90 and100 slots but they will someday be deleted and real characters will be created. On one 190 slot mule I carry all my excess equipment mats, on the other 170 slot mule I carry all my Alchemy and Provisioning Back Stock. On the lower capacity mules I keep Dropped set items that are useful and other misc things.

Now that's Organized! Wow! I am impressed. I just have one mule and me. Sheesh. I need to get to work!
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Great info!

I did mean gear. Sure I have some blue and purple mats (especially alchemy ingredients). Thank you for the suggestion. Why hang on to it if I can't use it, eh? It'll be a while before I even get close. Maybe I can sell some at a guild? I am on PS4 and play on both NA and EU.

Blue and purple alchemy ingredients? I can only find green I thought blue and purple didn't exist! but yeah just deconstruct the stuff the higher quality they are the more inspiration points you get plus blue and purple tempering items sell really well.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Great info!

Blue and purple alchemy ingredients? I can only find green I thought blue and purple didn't exist! but yeah just deconstruct the stuff the higher quality they are the more inspiration points you get plus blue and purple tempering items sell really well.

A lot of blue alchemy ingredients (I'll take a screenshot) and a couple of purple as well. Most blue and purple are on other items though, including recipes, motifs, etc.