The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armour for Tanking

Karldor
Karldor
✭✭
What's the best armour for tanking currently wearing hist bark.

Wondering if there are any more suited to tanking?
PS4 EU
DK-Breton Tank
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hist bark is one of the most popular tanking sets and with good reason, a free major evasion while block? heck yea! But there are alternatives. The Brands of Imperium Set I have seen has become something people want or at least test out. It has a 6% when hit to grant you and nearby allies a 12k dmg shield(if gold v16) for 8s and has a 15s cd. I could also recommend Whitestrakes Retribution, if your health falls below 30% you get a 9k dmg shield(if white v16) for 8s with a 15cd, difference is that its more situational. Getting the Whitestrakes is great if you take a few larges hits, gives your healer a bit more time yo heal you back up. I have also seen people use Armor Master, gives good HP and Resistance when you got a Armor ability slotted and or used. Try em all out see what you like.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor Master is really great. Evasion + the effect pretty much ensures you are mitigating as much damage as possible, and lets you concentrate on other bonuses elsewhere. I prefer it to Hist Bark because although it requires an armor skill to be used regularly, it doesn't rely on an action that negates Stamina regen to achieve its purpose, and offers better total mitigation for many builds, assuming you use Evasion. If you don't like the idea of slotting and using Evasion, Hist Bark might be a better choice, however.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like when my sets have +4% healing received.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Karldor
    Karldor
    ✭✭
    Where can you craft the armour master set from?
    PS4 EU
    DK-Breton Tank
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City. You need 9 traits researched.
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karldor wrote: »
    Where can you craft the armour master set from?

Dont forget that to proc armor master u use preciuos resources, hist bark offers evasion for free. Pair it with the old footman enchanted block cost reductiuon(12%mittigation is unbeatable)and u have a goot tanking set. I did speeruns on vwgt , vet prisson, hardmodes and it works great B)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally still prefer my footman and histbark,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Good tanks will wear 3 agility, 5 hunding's 2 new maelstrom pieces and 1 piece kena and a 1 piece health monster set. Tanks who can also do DPS are always going to be the best tanks, especially when they throw in a vigor and don't lose taunt.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum