Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Reinforced vs Nirn?

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know which gives a bigger boost to spell resist if you unlock the shield passive in the Steed when you use 75 CPs?
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter in all honesty, 30 CP into the Heavy Armor and Spell Shield and a 5 piece armor master and your capped.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very true. But I was going with 5 light 1 hvy and 1 med (none of it master armor) and was gonna put sword n board on one bar with either reinforced or nirn on the shield to "beef up" mr squishy light armor
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn obviously because it increases your spell resistance by 24% at legendary.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your guidance.
  • kaalmoth
    kaalmoth
    ✭✭✭
    hello, I'm wondering, is it worth having nirn on multiple pieces of light armor?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    Nirn obviously because it increases your spell resistance by 24% at legendary.

That's 24% of the shields spell resistance. Not overall resistance.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm Reinforced on both shields. Grants armour and spell resist, with 75 points in steed means my light armour Templar has lots of mitigation buffed with Channeled Focus.
    PC EU
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Update 1.6, armor grants you the same amount of spell resistance as it does physical resistance. Since Reinforced trait increases the item's physical resistance, it thus also increases the spell resistance by that same amount. This means that reinforced buffs both resistances by a modest amount. Nirn, on the other hand, only increases spell resistance, but it does so by a larger amount. Also, since the IC update, Nirn no longer buffs overall spell resistance, but just the spell resistance value of that particular piece of armor.

As for your particular situation, either will probably work just fine. Personally, I would opt for Reinforced to maintain more balanced resists, which means you can better gauge the kind of damage you'll take and how tough of content you can handle.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden