The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar DPS Build VDSA/Trials

• FPetersonIII_ESO
    This is great.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    This build is very simple... for single target fights you apply Vamp Bane to get your minor sorcery and medium weave Dark Flare applying Vamp Bane and other buffs as needed. On my Bloodspawn DPS testing I'm able to hit 20K consistently as the solo DPS...

Is that 20,000 for a single target?
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    This build is very simple... for single target fights you apply Vamp Bane to get your minor sorcery and medium weave Dark Flare applying Vamp Bane and other buffs as needed. On my Bloodspawn DPS testing I'm able to hit 20K consistently as the solo DPS...

The BloodSpawn is one of the bosses in Spindleclutch who does not have any adds it's just the big Gargoyle. So yes it is a single target fight and I did it with just a tank and a healer giving me combat prayer.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also want to note, that I have updated this build by quite a bit. What I have posted still works and I do plan on making the updated changes! So stay tuned!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • TheoremX
    TheoremX
    I also want to note, that I have updated this build by quite a bit. What I have posted still works and I do plan on making the updated changes! So stay tuned!

Love the build, I've taken many points from this. Any updates? Thanks
    PS4 - EU Megaserver
    Theoremx - v14 HElf Templar - Magicka DPS/Healer
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

The BloodSpawn is one of the bosses in Spindleclutch who does not have any adds it's just the big Gargoyle. So yes it is a single target fight and I did it with just a tank and a healer giving me combat prayer.

Thanks, that's a lot. I'll have to try this, I'm primarily a healer, but I see no reason why I can't becoming a significant contributor to dealing damage in battles such at the Bloodspawn (Where healing really isn't needed) and others.

Looking forward to seeing/reading the updated version.

Edited by Rev Rielle on August 11, 2015 10:27AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have updated the original post reflecting my current build! Not really fancy but it gets the job done. :smiley:

I tried to be as precise as possible, but may have left something out. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • yogadude
    yogadude
    Love the build! A fellow guild member does 23k single target dps so I can testify that this build is freaking legit, especially now in update 1.7. You going to test it with julianos set?
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    yogadude wrote: »
    Love the build! A fellow guild member does 23k single target dps so I can testify that this build is freaking legit, especially now in update 1.7. You going to test it with julianos set?

Thank you!

The build is yet again outdated when IC came out. It's still effective but not as effective as my new set up. When I have an in depth moment I'll update, but that will happen once Orisinium drops and I've had a chance to review/theory craft the new sets.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • yogadude
    yogadude
    I think what I'm going to work for is the julianos set, possibly 3 body pieces and 2 swords, then 4 overwhelming. If there was a way to get 5 scathing in there with the julianos set OMG OP lol. Then the 3 willpower for jewelry. Problem I think I'll find is money for v16 jewelry enchants, so expensive. Prolly cheaper just to level up enchantment lol. I have not done the math for this setup which I will do when I getc a couple mins. Any thoughts?

*edit from original* After some thinking I wonder if
    5x Julianos (4 body and 1 sword)
    2x Adroitness (necklace and random body piece)
    2x Molag Kena
    3x Willpower set (1 sword and 2 rings)

I'll be very interested to see if this could work well. This may actually be a cheaper build than the one I said above since I wont need all 3 willpower jewelry. If anyone has any thoughts let me know!
    Edited by yogadude on October 19, 2015 12:52AM
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what I'm going to work for is the julianos set, possibly 3 body pieces and 2 swords, then 4 overwhelming. If there was a way to get 5 scathing in there with the julianos set OMG OP lol. Then the 3 willpower for jewelry. Problem I think I'll find is money for v16 jewelry enchants, so expensive. Prolly cheaper just to level up enchantment lol. I have not done the math for this setup which I will do when I getc a couple mins. Any thoughts?

*edit from original* After some thinking I wonder if
    5x Julianos (4 body and 1 sword)
    2x Adroitness (necklace and random body piece)
    2x Molag Kena
    3x Willpower set (1 sword and 2 rings)

I'll be very interested to see if this could work well. This may actually be a cheaper build than the one I said above since I wont need all 3 willpower jewelry. If anyone has any thoughts let me know!

@yogadude

I would honestly not go with Adroitness. I know that it scales to V14, but you get so much more from V16 gear/jewelry that you would be hurting yourself with that (even with the 2x spell damage bonus). I've done some basic testing and do not think Julianos will be the best 5 piece gear to have. I'm still theorycrafting and most likely will update this build when I have the best build (imo ofc).

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • yogadude
    yogadude
    This is mostly just the build I will have initially since julianos is craftableaving and I have all other pieces. Did you test whether or not the added critical rating will increase dps output with julianos?
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is mostly just the build I will have initially since julianos is craftableaving and I have all other pieces. Did you test whether or not the added critical rating will increase dps output with julianos?

I will be updating this build (with pictures yay!) once I have the gear I want crafted. I'll screen cap some damage post as well for reference. Then the build won't be outdated!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Options
  • yogadude
    yogadude
    So right before the orsinium patch hit I came across some gold and went with a completely different gear setup. If you have seen online, the best dps setup ends up being the twice born star setup with 4 overwhelming pieces and 3 willpower. This is the setup I have now. With all epic v16 and 2 v15 sprinkled in I am sitting at 17.5k single target dps without hitting the 501 cp cap yet. Not sure how the math works on this one but somehow someone figured it out.

Julianos may end up being a better substitute for overwhelming, but i spent all my gold and resources for the twice born star so I'll have to wait to test. Good luck getting this setup, it ain't too cheap but is worth it if you have the friends to craft 9-trait gear.
    Options