The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High time for a "convert to," system on all learned motifs.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't do it, because the motiff stone is where the hassle is at and what give the item value.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    It would devastate the economy...

I think I know what you're getting at but just to be sure. You're talking about the market for mats right?

Yeah.

Me converting my shield breaker set to glass will not affect your market.

If it would require use of the style material to convert to the style, demand for certain style materials will actually increase with people converting the dropped sets to their preferred style.

So if anything it'll improve the economy
  • Mekkalyn
    Mekkalyn
    I'd love to see a system like this.
    I'm very picky when it comes to style, and I hate when it's limited and I have to either sacrifice the look I like for the set that I don't, but I should use because it's better.
    Then every time I look at my character I grimace, and try to distract myself.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm obviously in full support of this idea. it sucks when you craft and upgrade a full suit of armor only to run into various issues with appearance. for instance, the way glass armor dyes :yuk:
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Transmogrification while consuming the racial materials needed to craft the item would be a cool way to go about this, without diminishing the cost of malachite shards, daedra hearts, etc.. But I would really love to see some way or method of doing the same with unique appearance items you find as well, like world boss/dolmen uniques or set items that don't have a racial style.

Maybe have it consume an armor piece or weapon to replicate the design on a new piece of equipment. This would probably even make some of these items worth selling instead of what happens with a lot of these things currently. (deconstructed or sold to vendor)
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on November 2, 2015 1:49AM
    love is love
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Transmogrification while consuming the racial materials needed to craft the item would be a cool way to go about this, without diminishing the cost of malachite shards, daedra hearts, etc.. But I would really love to see some way or method of doing the same with unique appearance items you find as well, like world boss/dolmen uniques or set items that don't have a racial style.

Maybe have it consume an armor piece or weapon to replicate the design on a new piece of equipment. This would probably even make some of these items worth selling instead of what happens with a lot of these things currently. (deconstructed or sold to vendor)

Totally agree! I think the new PvP weapons that you acquire from the vault are awesome looking, and would love to apply it elsewhere.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes yes yes, a million times yes.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    It would devastate the economy...

I think I know what you're getting at but just to be sure. You're talking about the market for mats right?

Yeah. And that's not to say I don't think it's a cool idea, I just know that game economy is a lot more important than some folks think.

But how many people actually craft all new equipment just to change out the style? For different sets or different traits, sure. But do tons of people really spend that many resources to duplicate their existing sets just to change the appearance?

Hmmmm, I didn't really think about it that way. Point taken.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mekkalyn wrote: »
    I'd love to see a system like this.
    I'm very picky when it comes to style, and I hate when it's limited and I have to either sacrifice the look I like for the set that I don't, but I should use because it's better.
    Then every time I look at my character I grimace, and try to distract myself.

It does suck when you have to sacrifice aesthetics for performance. Hopefully ZOS listens to our suggestions.
  • Visemere
    Visemere
    ✭✭
    it would be a no from me, part of the lure of having full deadric or full dwarven is because not everyone has it, even once you have the recipes you still need to grinf RnG for the mats...

you risk making the game easymode freeforall by removing effort barriers
    Visemere - VR16 Argonian Templar - PS4 EU Dagger Fall Covenant
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Visemere wrote: »
    it would be a no from me, part of the lure of having full deadric or full dwarven is because not everyone has it, even once you have the recipes you still need to grinf RnG for the mats...

I see what you mean but let me counter with this. The new way of getting motifs through fragment grinding is tough enough in my opinion. There's your effort. Adding on that once you own it you must grind the 150 mats per piece is just going to far. Not to mention the tempers to make it usable. As someone stated earlier, it's highly unlikely anyone is currently doing this if they're already in gold v16 due to time and cost. Making each new motif added worthless to most max level, max geared players.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Visemere wrote: »

I see what you mean but let me counter with this. The new way of getting motifs through fragment grinding is tough enough in my opinion. There's your effort. Adding on that once you own it you must grind the 150 mats per piece is just going to far. Not to mention the tempers to make it usable. As someone stated earlier, it's highly unlikely anyone is currently doing this if they're already in gold v16 due to time and cost. Making each new motif added worthless to most max level, max geared players.

Then you run into the issue of how much more powerful drop sets are. Making all that motif grinding one big waste of time. If they had this, it would allow those who took the time and money to acquire those motifs to actually be able to use them.