Templar's Toppling Charged still borked

Xexpo
Xexpo
✭✭✭✭✭
When casting this skill you randomly will be unable to interact with the environment or use any abilities.

Except Potions, and when you do use a potion you will once again be able to use your skills, block, roll dodge, etc. (and it is the only way I have been able to get my skill bars back)
Akatosh help you though, if your Potion is on cool down.

This is WORSE than all of the old broken versions of this skill.

And is pretty much a death sentence in vMA

It is a gap closer and a skill-interuptor which are very useful things.
Please fix :cookie:

(if this was posted somewhere else, apologies, I did not see it in the first six pages of threads.)

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1

    Vampire Dunmer Magblade (Vanyalanthiriel)-DD.( PvE only)
    Bosmer Magplar (Vanimaista)-DD/heal.( PvP only)
    Breton Mag-tankblade (Vannvina)-Tank/DD. (PvE dungeons/trails)
    Van_0S- God of Tamriel.
    Ebonheart Pact PC EU, Campaign- True Flame.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse in PvP when you use it and get stuck in this speedy back and fourth loop. Nothing you can do but wait for it to end and pray you're still alive :cold_sweat:

    Sure, loads of skills will bug out or act sluggish when it's a little laggy, but Toppling Charge definitely takes the price.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh I had that bug already in 1.6. I guess they never even bothered fixing it
    Edited by Wollust on November 1, 2015 9:13PM
    Susano'o

    Zerg Squad
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never had that bug since some patch where they it. Did it come back with Orsinium?
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Use the charge and then you cant do jack sheet, cant block, cant cast spells... can swap weapons, oh joy, lotta good that does when you cant effing defend yourself.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Ivana Byte||Vyle Byte||Vyible Byte||Lunari ||Billi Jean||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte||Franks-Female-Frankie||Red Head Redemption
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix: Use the sword and board charge B)

  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the only real issue I have with Templars. For me, this skill is VITAL to my play style and it's really frustrating that it doesn't work properly.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    Class Representative
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.
    Edited by Speely on November 1, 2015 11:25PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly true.
    Especially noticeable when you use this charge and try to switch weapons. It has a huge global cooldown as it seems.
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    Class Representative
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    You must be new around here :wink:
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    You must be new around here :wink:

    Ha ;) Nah, just eternally naive/optimistic.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just remove this ability entirely and start over. TCharge is never going to be fixed.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    This never stopped ZOS from nerfing templars
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing stops the nerf bat. Templars just slower by design...
    Templar Operators Union #420
    Call to Strike
    No more in game heals anywhere except for self.
    Stand now or get buried Later

    You can find me on Star Citizen aka SneakyPete

    Youtube SneakyPete's Racing

    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p1

    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Nightblade retired
    VR3 DK retired
    VR3 Sorc retired
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had that bug since some patch where they it. Did it come back with Orsinium?

    yes only in the new update :disappointed:
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Yep. Use the charge and then you cant do jack sheet, cant block, cant cast spells... can swap weapons, oh joy, lotta good that does when you cant effing defend yourself.

    it's worse than it ever was
    Dracane wrote: »
    Sadly true.
    Especially noticeable when you use this charge and try to switch weapons. It has a huge global cooldown as it seems.

    you know.. i was actually thinking that is what triggers it, and it might not be "random" (seemed to occur more often if i tried to wep swap right after charge)
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    I never had that bug since some patch where they it. Did it come back with Orsinium?

    yes only in the new update :disappointed:
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Yep. Use the charge and then you cant do jack sheet, cant block, cant cast spells... can swap weapons, oh joy, lotta good that does when you cant effing defend yourself.

    it's worse than it ever was
    Dracane wrote: »
    Sadly true.
    Especially noticeable when you use this charge and try to switch weapons. It has a huge global cooldown as it seems.

    you know.. i was actually thinking that is what triggers it, and it might not be "random" (seemed to occur more often if i tried to wep swap right after charge)

    damn wanted to go into the arena with my magicka templar and the build is made around toppling charge and sweep ... gj zenimax
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    This REALLY pisses me off. Lots. I have been a Templar cheerleader for a while now because I think we are a good class and balanced fairly well. Making one of our most important PvP skills a detriment to use is unacceptable. There is literally NO reason that it shouldn't work exactly as one would expect it to work. Cursed skill :(
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    This never stopped ZOS from nerfing templars

    Fair enough :/

  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    hm I just went to the pts for like 2 hours and had this bug once although I used the charge all the time. Seems like its not that huge of an issue but that zos should adress to
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oibam wrote: »
    Fix: Use the sword and board charge B)

    Ok if your a stamina user, not so good if your magicka based thou :)
    AUSTRALIAN | PC | NA | PING 400+

    Characters
    James-Wayne | Imperial | Templar
    Wayne-Robert | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Lili’an-Stormcloak | Imperial | Sorcerer
    Zany’Lagra-Wroggin | Orc | Nightblade
    Lily-Frostfang | Breton | Warden
    Lilith-Zengo | Dark Elf | Nightblade
    Xavitar-Spellfire | High Elf | Dragonknight
    Hodor-Stoneheart | Nord | Templar
    Heals-All-Hearts | Argonian | Templar
    Zohan-Beastmaster | Wood Elf | Sorcerer

    Guilds
    Aussie Elders
    Valherus
    Order of the Star
    ESO Grand Designs
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so frustrating! It has been broken for so long too! :persevere: I am forced to use 2h or 1h and shield gap closers at the minute which is really not ideal as my stamina completely sucks and so what little I have is very precious. I have discovered that it happens less if I block whilst using it, but it's not a guaranteed way to counter the bug, it still happens from time to time even then. I hope it will be fixed soon! I genuinely need this skill on my bar for PvP.
    Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side,
    for his soul is protected by the armor of faith,
    just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    He is thus doubly armed and need fear neither demons nor men.
    AD 1135 by Bernard de Clairvax

    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    This never stopped ZOS from nerfing templars

    I wish they would finally buff templar, so they can be able to be more independant in pvp.
    They are nothing but healing bots at the moment, especially in pvp.
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    This never stopped ZOS from nerfing templars

    I wish they would finally buff templar, so they can be able to be more independant in pvp.
    They are nothing but healing bots at the moment, especially in pvp.

    hm yea templars were awesome right after IC patch when everyone was running old gear with 50% damage reduction but now the meta returned to 1 shots and all the heals are useless once you are dead So is the sustained damage templars have since they lack burst and defensive abilites
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    This never stopped ZOS from nerfing templars

    I wish they would finally buff templar, so they can be able to be more independant in pvp.
    They are nothing but healing bots at the moment, especially in pvp.

    hm yea templars were awesome right after IC patch when everyone was running old gear with 50% damage reduction but now the meta returned to 1 shots and all the heals are useless once you are dead So is the sustained damage templars have since they lack burst and defensive abilites

    Oh I disagree, Templars have nasty burst. But it's not that easy and not as reliable in pvp.
    Look at the character creation. I can't recall it word by word, by Templar is the only class where the description says, that it unleashes destruction.

    I wish this was true. Nightblades are master of survival, but actually are destruction masters.
    Templars should finally be able to destroy things instead of being a healing pet and these 1 shot builds must get fixed as soon as possible.

    I think you remember our duells when I advised you to use purifying light and had to come to recognize, that it does not store up damage against shields. Purifying light has so much potential, if it was reliable and Beams need to be undodgeable again. This is urgent.
    Edited by Dracane on November 2, 2015 11:42AM
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Speely wrote: »
    There was no reason at all to even touch this skill. The only reason why they would do so is to stealth nerf it in some way.

    Which just doesn't compute since A) Barely anyone is calling for Templar nerfs and B ) NO ONE is calling for them because of how effective Toppling Charge is.

    This never stopped ZOS from nerfing templars

    I wish they would finally buff templar, so they can be able to be more independant in pvp.
    They are nothing but healing bots at the moment, especially in pvp.

    hm yea templars were awesome right after IC patch when everyone was running old gear with 50% damage reduction but now the meta returned to 1 shots and all the heals are useless once you are dead So is the sustained damage templars have since they lack burst and defensive abilites

    Oh I disagree, Templars have nasty burst. But it's not that easy and not as reliable in pvp.
    Look at the character creation. I can't recall it word by word, by Templar is the only class where the description says, that it unleashes destruction.

    I wish this was true. Nightblades are master of survival, but actually are destruction masters.
    Templars should finally be able to destroy things instead of being a healing pet and these 1 shot builds must get fixed as soon as possible.

    I think you remember our duells when I advised you to use purifying light and had to come to recognize, that it does not store up damage against shields. Purifying light has so much potential, if it was reliable and Beams need to be undodgeable again. This is urgent.

    well yea theoretically the burst is there with dark flare or with magicka det-> charge -> sweep but all the burst a templar can achieve will give the enemy a minimum of 2 seconds to set up his defense/reflect or counter attack and since the fights in eso are pretty fast 2 seconds is a huge amount of time to do so.

    hm beam became really useless in pvp since IC. With the LOS and dodge its just a waste of ressources. If I want to finish someone I just use another puncturing sweep which will do the job too because of the low health pool and I have more space on my bar.

    Yea if purifying light worked on shields that would be awesome. Also if crits did because Templars achieve most damage with crit builds but those are pretty useless in pvp right now :/

    Id really like to have something like blinding flashes and the old blazing shield back. That would allow templars to stand their ground again
    Edited by Springt-Über-Zwerge on November 2, 2015 12:00PM
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
Sign In or Register to comment.