Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2h vs DW DK?

Aro247
Aro247
What are the differences in 2h vs DW for a dragon knight? From what I've read 2h stamina is the way to go for ultimate dps. But a DW magic build is a feasible option. Pros cons?
I woke up in a forest but I was all alone. Death surrounds me but it's all I know.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DW is for the extra spell dmg it gives. DW stam could be good if you have a decent dmg class ability.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the up coming patch all stamina users will be using a greatsword and as it has been all magicka users will still be using duel wield.
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    With the up coming patch all stamina users will be using a greatsword and as it has been all magicka users will still be using duel wield.

Actually ZOS said that sometime early next year stamina will get a nerf. I think the dw on magicka was an oversight with dw giving too much spellpower. Each slot should give as much as a 2-hander imo.

As for what will work better for you, I recommend 2-hander. It has a gap-closer in Critical Rush and a finisher in Execute, both of which a DK doesn't have in their class kit. Out of dw I really like Quick Cloak (blade cloak morph) and both whirlwind morphs.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually ZOS said that sometime early next year stamina will get a nerf. I think the dw on magicka was an oversight with dw giving too much spellpower. Each slot should give as much as a 2-hander imo.

As for what will work better for you, I recommend 2-hander. It has a gap-closer in Critical Rush and a finisher in Execute, both of which a DK doesn't have in their class kit. Out of dw I really like Quick Cloak (blade cloak morph) and both whirlwind morphs.

Uh starters stamina in no way needs nerfed magicka already runs the game.

Second the reason I said that is cause apparently next patch Greatsword passive is being changed to applies that extra damage to all stamina based skills instead of just the 2H skills and light and heavy attacks. Yea so next patch nearly all stamina users will be using a GS (as if they weren't already) because all there stamina skills (that aren't other weapon skills) will be getting more power on top of flawless dawnbreaker and rally and the enchantments and what not. So wondering why silver bolts or re arming trap is dealing even more damage now ? Blame the poor balancing team.
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't hear anything regarding these changes to the passives. That is very concerning for me, because it is causing imbalance inside of the trees. We already have the destruction staff dmg skills nerfed into uselessness (besides perhaps force pulse which still feels weak but is efficient for the mana cost so it's a decent option for forcing crystal fragments procs) so every magicka user should be rolling with resto/dw.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're gonna need to cite your sources.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not run 2H and Dual wield,

DW against mobs is awesome and 2H for single DPS is good..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you manage to get maelstrom daggers, dw could be a great option for a stamina dk. Just imagine unstable flame with 7-8k weapon damage.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on November 2, 2015 10:00AM