Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Countdown for Patch notes 2.2.4 ( Nov 2). Your thoughts.

TiberX
TiberX
✭✭✭✭
Common ZOS, give us something to do here, the servers are down, no reason to keep us waiting. Until servers are back we can discuss changes and anticipate ;)
Edited by TiberX on November 2, 2015 8:10AM
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    They said there will be no great changes.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like them to release the patch notes too.

Please ZOS

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    wow, just read the PTS Notes
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will surprise us. I hope they changed their minds about nerfing again the IC dungeons, but more important would be a fix for the looong loading screens and PVP lag.
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    I for one am interested in finding out how the lower level characters with 10/10 skill points in crafting are going to be able to get materials for tier 10 writs, let alone be able to turn them in.
    Or am I missing something

edit 11.7.2015 finally got my answer, needed to subscribe to get access to DLC to be able to get materials for the tier 10 writs.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on November 7, 2015 4:56PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petros wrote: »

Every time they release it on live there are a number of changes, as u seen on pts, they even changed it with every patch. Sometimes these changes are very important.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I for one am interested in finding out how the lower level characters with 10/10 skill points in crafting are going to be able to get materials for tier 10 writs, let alone be able to turn them in.

If you have 10/10 in a Crafting skill you can find those materials in Orsinium just like you would any other material. You will be battle-levelled to the zone so you won't have issues with mobs etc.
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reached 501 CP yesterday :). For those of u u reached the cap or went above it how do u feel about not being able to spend them anymore ? When should we expect next raise of cap? any idea?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Crafting nodes in Orsinium will have a high chance of yielding these mats + you'll get them from hirelings
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one isn't buying Orsinium, are the tier 10 writs still requiring the highest level mats (e.g. ancestor silk, rubedite ingot)? o_o

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When does the actual update happen? I moved my driving lesson half an hour forward in the hope that i'd be able to play when I finished, is this not the case?
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No big changes in skills, but there are a ton of other changes!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TiberX wrote: »
    I reached 501 CP yesterday :). For those of u u reached the cap or went above it how do u feel about not being able to spend them anymore ? When should we expect next raise of cap? any idea?

ZOS suggested they will be raising the cap with each DLC in line with the content of said DLC. The example Eric Wrobel gave was around 200 CP each DLC (probably more like 201 due to three being a factor) but that if there was not much content in said DLC to gain XP from it may be less, say 168 CP.

This would mean a cap raise four times a year.
    Aeula wrote: »
    When does the actual update happen? I moved my driving lesson half an hour forward in the hope that i'd be able to play when I finished, is this not the case?

The servers have gone down already, EU is estimated to be back up around 3pm GMT according to Gina with NA being a few hours later.
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭

My guess is at least 2-3 more hrs, dont think it will come sooner,
  • kuscoe
    kuscoe
    ✭✭✭

No not at all they said the maintenence would take 12 hours so with the server coming down at 2am eastern the server will be back up around 1pm est at the earliest
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

ZOS suggested they will be raising the cap with each DLC in line with the content of said DLC. The example Eric Wrobel gave was around 200 CP each DLC (probably more like 201 due to three being a factor) but that if there was not much content in said DLC to gain XP from it may be less, say 168 CP.

This would mean a cap raise four times a year.

Thats if they can keep up with the present DLC release pace.

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well @TiberX they have repeatedly said that they are one-hundred percent committed to keeping up with the "One DLC per quarter" release rate and I can't see it being too much of an issue.

It seems ZOS are very happy with this scheduling and it keeps us players happy too.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kuscoe wrote: »

No not at all they said the maintenence would take 12 hours so with the server coming down at 2am eastern the server will be back up around 1pm est at the earliest

They said at least 12 hours for NA, less for EU - possibly 8 hours.

They also said that the download is HUGE - and with everyone jumping on at the same time to get hold of Orsinium I expect the servers will be creaking.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITS 3 am in the states it Will take Some hours before they post the patch notes
  • kuscoe
    kuscoe
    ✭✭✭

They also said that the download is HUGE - and with everyone jumping on at the same time to get hold of Orsinium I expect the servers will be creaking.

Its not huge though a mod on the forums said it was 4gb
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"the size of the update is expected to be quite large due to the new zone, lots of new VO, music, systems, and more."

Quite large in ZoS speak usually corresponds to HUGE! :)

Though I don't know why they don't have the patch notes ready. They won't have made any changes for a couple of days so there's no reason why we can't be told what we're getting now. There are a lot of people who just aren't clear about how they will be affected even (particularly) if they don't buy the DLC.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petros wrote: »

wow, seriusly? whats the point of testing then.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • kuscoe
    kuscoe
    ✭✭✭

"the size of the update is expected to be quite large due to the new zone, lots of new VO, music, systems, and more."

Quite large in ZoS speak usually corresponds to HUGE! :)

Though I don't know why they don't have the patch notes ready. They won't have made any changes for a couple of days so there's no reason why we can't be told what we're getting now. There are a lot of people who just aren't clear about how they will be affected even (particularly) if they don't buy the DLC.

Im Moment rechnen wir mit ca. 4 GB Patchgröße.

Die (erschreckenden) Zahlen des PTS-Patch lagen vor allem an dem veralteten Stand des Clients vor dem PTS-Orsinium-Update.
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cmon @ZOS , patch notes pls :p
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEOW!!
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably just drop something massive and build-targeted, like "Magicka no longer regens when a damage shield is active".

In all seriousness, I doubt there'll be anything much different from the PTS notes which I've read already.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to leave my launcher open and do other things. :) I hope it doesn't take several hours to roll this out but since they started at 2AM EST I am guessing it's going to be a while before the servers are back up. Dang it now I have to do housework! Ugh! :)
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shoul be around 3hrs until launch, at least considering that @ZOS said that EU will take around 8 hrs.
    Maybe now patchnotes?
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoul be around 3hrs until launch, at least considering that @ZOS said that EU will take around 8 hrs.
    Maybe now patchnotes?

It's still too early in the US. Wait at least 2 hours for it :)
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be nice if we could preload it before the actual world servers come online again, like some other MMOs do this kind of thing. For some reason ESO's server structure doesn't seem to allow that though.