Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enlightenment

PsychoKRATOS1
PsychoKRATOS1
✭✭
Just a quick question regarding enlightenment

Okay, what I know about enlightenment:

100k xp equates to 1 cp (4x1000xp but for simplicity, 100k in total)
It refreshes every 24 hrs/each reset
Only veteran characters can get enlightenment

What I don't know:

Does each character you have at veteran rank have their own pool of enlightenment or is it an account wide shared pool?
Enlightenment stacks right? So if you don't log in for say 8 days you have 8 days worth of enlightenment? (I heard there was a limit)

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I am almost positive that enlightenment is account-wide (like the points themselves), not per character. But maybe someone else can clarify to be sure.

Enlightenment stacks up to 12 days.
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    I am almost positive that enlightenment is account-wide (like the points themselves), not per character. But maybe someone else can clarify to be sure.

Enlightenment stacks up to 12 days.

Thanks for the clarification on the limit of days :)
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on August 2, 2015 6:27PM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only seeing Enlightenment on my V14 main ... not appearing on any of my sub-V alts (although they of course get the benefit of the CPs)
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    I'm only seeing Enlightenment on my V14 main ... not appearing on any of my sub-V alts (although they of course get the benefit of the CPs)

Only Veteran Rank characters can earn champion points, so any character below V1 would not show as enlightened because they aren't yet earning anything for the champion point pool.

Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 3, 2015 6:34AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it works is once every 24 you your vet toon will become enlightened and this will stack up to 12 times and hold till used the order will always be the same across all your Vet toon i.e. If your main if half way in to a mage point all of your alt Vets will also be half way done with a mage point.

Non Vet of course can use CP but it takes Vets to earn and they all earn the same point. However it's best to farm CP on a non max level alt as the XP will both get you the point and level that toon.
    Edited by kendellking_chaosb14_ESO on October 10, 2015 12:14AM
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Oki doki.
    Kinda... figured all through playing lots of VR characters.

It's a shame it isn't per character. Would be a better catch up mechanic.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Oki doki.
    Kinda... figured all through playing lots of VR characters.

It's a shame it isn't per character. Would be a better catch up mechanic.

Starting tomorrow (on PC, later this month on console) there will be a whole new catch up mechanic implemented, so you won't have to worry about that anymore.
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea what that catch-up mechanic will look like?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You can read the finalized updates in the Patch Notes that will come out with the PC update tomorrow, but I have included info from the PTS patch notes below, which will give you a general idea of what to expect.

From the PTS Patch Notes:
    Champion System Updates
    We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent. •At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points. •Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
    •You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
    •You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.

•The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have. •If you don’t have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
    •If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.

Also this thread discusses exactly how the math is calculated for the new catch up system, if you are interested.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222867/champion-system-catch-up-mechanic/p1