The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't log in (Error 200)

Acsvf
Acsvf
✭✭✭
So, during the past week or so I've been having the issue of not being able to log in, with error 200 popping up each time I try to log in.
And, like any player with a technical issue should, I contacted support.
So support tells me that I should turn off my firewall, renew my DHCP, and change my DNS servers.
Which I did, and I was able to log in after 2 or 3 tries.
But after that, I logged off, and had issues again. After many tries, I logged in again.
Which was good.
The next day though, I got the same problem, and I was able to log in after about 3 days. I played for a while, and logged out.
Again I get the problem, and maybe I might be able to log on once after several hours of trying. But for the most part, I am still unable to log on.
I've contacted support again, although I think it would be better to also hear the ideas of the community.
Anyone?
@LightArray
Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to the documentation, error 200 indicates that the authentication servers could not be reached over the network.

Please note that there had been extended datacenter maintenances on the 20th/21st and on the 28th of October, respectively. Additionally, there had been a DDoS attack on the European infrastructure on October 29/30, resulting in the inability of customers to log in. These dates may or may not have coincided with some of the issues you've experienced.

If the error persists or crops up periodically, try to clear your machine's DNS cache before starting the Launcher with the shell command
    sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

in Terminal.app. You'll need an account with administrative rights on your machine in order to be able to do this.

Next, try using Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as the only forwarding DNS server entries in your router's configuration. You could also try to use them as the sole entries in

Apple Menu > System Preferences... > Network > Ethernet > Advanced... > DNS > DNS Servers:

If you use any kind of anti virus or internet security software, try disabling it to see whether it interferes with the connection attempt.

• Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    According to the documentation, error 200 indicates that the authentication servers could not be reached over the network.

Please note that there had been extended datacenter maintenances on the 20th/21st and on the 28th of October, respectively. Additionally, there had been a DDoS attack on the European infrastructure on October 29/30, resulting in the inability of customers to log in. These dates may or may not have coincided with some of the issues you've experienced.

If the error persists or crops up periodically, try to clear your machine's DNS cache before starting the Launcher with the shell command
    sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

in Terminal.app. You'll need an account with administrative rights on your machine in order to be able to do this.

Next, try using Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as the only forwarding DNS server entries in your router's configuration. You could also try to use them as the sole entries in

Apple Menu > System Preferences... > Network > Ethernet > Advanced... > DNS > DNS Servers:

If you use any kind of anti virus or internet security software, try disabling it to see whether it interferes with the connection attempt.
    Hm... I think these dates do happen to be some of the times I couldn't log in. However, I seem to be still having an issue now, so I don't believe those were the only reason why I couldn't log in.

I've tried the terminal command and have changed my DNS servers to these, although the issue doesn't seem to be resolved.
    Thanks though, I'm very glad somebody decided to take the time to help me out.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!