The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best locations for home base

ContraTempo
ContraTempo
✭✭✭✭
We spend a lot of (annoying) time running back and forth between wayshrine, bank, smithy, guilds, etc. just to get all of our business done, keep our training going, and craft. But I have noticed that the distances are far different in some locations. So what are the most compact hubs in the different alliances?

For example, in the Dominion I find that Mistral on Khenarthi's Roost is very compact if you don't need stables, thieves refuge, or guilds. But for full service (with guilds, dye station, stables, all crafts, thieves refuge) the best I have found is Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor. It's not as compact as Mistral but if you need the extra facilities it's pretty good.

Anyone find anything better in the Dominion? What are the most compact locations in DC and EP?
ContraTempo
Carpe DM
Seize the Dungeon Master

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rawl'kha in Reaper's March is the most compact imo.
    Wololo.
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wherever the enclave is,
    But if you don't want the enclave then craglorn imo, it has everything right on top of eachother (literally, blacksmith is on top of the clothier)
    It even has guild traders next to alchemist/enchant/dye spot
    VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • TX11
    TX11
    ✭✭✭
    Covenant is Rivenspire zone city is shornhelm. Although enchanting table is a ways off.

Dominion is reapers march zone city is Rawl'kha.

I have yet to play in Pact territory. I'm just about finished with reapers march.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    ^This^
    Too compact in my opinion, but... c'est la Rawl'kha I suppose.

Next best might be Shorehelm in Rivenspire... though that one has you running a bit for the dye station and magic stuff.

The starter islands are all very compact, true, but... lack outlaws refugees, and in the case of bleakrock, is kinda iffy once you finish the questline there (go on, try it, go back for a visit someday...)

Craglorn has all the crafters within good range, but the bank is a trip up the hill as I recall...

Also remember for those crafty ones - only "homeland" regions offer those crafting writs (since all of cadwells is kinda "alternate reality" stuff...), something to be taken into consideration for homebase choice.

Though personally I much rather put my characters due to background lore... so my scholarly librarian is usually parked in Mournhold when not doing much, due to the city life and the proximity to the Shad Astula library, while my sneaky bounty huntress usually can be found in Riften or wherever her works takes her, and my argonian dragonknight would prefer stormhold because marsh, while my nord might stay at windhelm for the mead - stuff like that.

Each to their own designs though...
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shornhelm in Rivenspire is the best for me. Everything right next to each other, besides for enchanting table/alchemy/dye station
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhold in shadowfen. Everything next to each other, only way shrine is a bit off...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest giving Riften a look into if you're EP. As for DC, can't say yet only just got there lol

AD, as has been said already, is obviously Rawl'kha.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 31, 2015 9:30PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In AD,Skywatch has it all,plus a good amount of Guild traders as well.Or Elden Root.in Grahtwood.Also Rawl'kha,when you get Reaper's March opened up to you.
    Edited by Volkodav on October 31, 2015 11:32PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^This^
    Too compact in my opinion, but... c'est la Rawl'kha I suppose.

Next best might be Shorehelm in Rivenspire... though that one has you running a bit for the dye station and magic stuff.

The starter islands are all very compact, true, but... lack outlaws refugees, and in the case of bleakrock, is kinda iffy once you finish the questline there (go on, try it, go back for a visit someday...)

Craglorn has all the crafters within good range, but the bank is a trip up the hill as I recall...

Also remember for those crafty ones - only "homeland" regions offer those crafting writs (since all of cadwells is kinda "alternate reality" stuff...), something to be taken into consideration for homebase choice.

Though personally I much rather put my characters due to background lore... so my scholarly librarian is usually parked in Mournhold when not doing much, due to the city life and the proximity to the Shad Astula library, while my sneaky bounty huntress usually can be found in Riften or wherever her works takes her, and my argonian dragonknight would prefer stormhold because marsh, while my nord might stay at windhelm for the mead - stuff like that.

Each to their own designs though...

I love Bleakrock.And it IS true that you will get into a battle there if you try to go back once you finish the questline. Soo,..I just dont end it.I cant bear to go and end it.This way,I can always use the entire lot of things it has for the player.And it's all pretty much in the one building.And that lovely little town can just stay alive. :}
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest giving Riften a look into if you're EP. As for DC, can't say yet only just got there lol

AD, as has been said already, is obviously Rawl'kha.

Yeah the only thing out of reach a bit is the Stables in Riften. Otherwise everything you want is right next to each other.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might help you out on finding the best homebase for you. :trollface:
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dont click on this! You'll get taken to a site with a store.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is that so alarming? It's just me playing on the words of the thread title lol.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Rawl, however you cannot pick up crafting dailies there and thats a deal breaker for me :(
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why is that so alarming? It's just me playing on the words of the thread title lol.

I was joking too. XD
    Edited by Volkodav on November 1, 2015 1:19AM
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was joking too. XD

Damn these negative forums. Sarcasm is going over my head.
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Hollow City in Coldharbor, mainly because I have a bounty of several hundred thousand. And there's lots of flowers =)
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Riften
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »

I like Rawl, however you cannot pick up crafting dailies there and thats a deal breaker for me :(

Yes you can. Equipment writs are back by the smithing area and consumables behind the enchanting area.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold is great except the bank is kinda far from everything
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rift/Riften.

Yet I need to park with all my toons in bloody Belkarth cause of that writs system.

Hope they'd once redone it or at least make me don't wait for 10 secs each time I log off.
    Edited by Leggi on November 1, 2015 6:06AM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was joking too. XD

Damn these negative forums. Sarcasm is going over my head.

If it was a dead link it wouldn't be an issue, but for all we know it could be malicious...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 1, 2015 6:48AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Mournhold is great except the bank is kinda far from everything

This. Crafting stations are literally a few steps away from the wayshrine, good way to offload loot and decon any greens/blues/purples you might have picked up, and the traders are also a few steps away too. Stables/Enclave/Bank are no more than 10 seconds away with RM.