Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Talon spam, ZOS you joking?

• KostasDragonborn
    Am I dreaming?
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    DK's using talons every 3-4 seconds with no immunity timer = a joke or what?

I'm embarrassed for you!
    - Walk with virtue, friend.
  • KostasDragonborn
    How typical of this "community".
    Somebody points out a flaw in the game, and instead of adressing the flaw people start arguing over the OP's "terminology".

[sarcasm]
    Long live the Fanbois!
    [\sarcasm]

FFS sake, what flaw? If you cannot counter a DK spamming Talons you really just need to dig into your skill tree and apply a counter stun on the DK, and put the pressure on. I'm starting to think the OP is trolling, in which case, sorry for feeding the troll.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somebody points out a flaw in the game, and instead of adressing the flaw people start arguing over the OP's "terminology".

[sarcasm]
    Long live the Fanbois!
    [\sarcasm]

FFS sake, what flaw? If you cannot counter a DK spamming Talons you really just need to dig into your skill tree and apply a counter stun on the DK, and put the pressure on. I'm starting to think the OP is trolling, in which case, sorry for feeding the troll.

Please don't double post again, there's a edit button for a reason.

Yes as usual whenever anyone post a flaw in the game the trolls under the bridge start logging into the forums trying to counter it with something completely off topic.

The bottom line is no immunity to talons is ridiculous. If you agree or not doesn't make it less ridiculous. If you wanna say stamina builds don't have this problem cause they can't use talons or Magika builds don't have anything else (which is a lie) whatever you wanna say, the bottom line is no immunity on talons is ridiculous.
    Edited by Snowgoons on November 1, 2015 12:02AM
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are still struggling against Talon spam? Wow. Awkward.
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just really bad players like him don't know how to play and have trouble with skills like talons.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka? >>> use Purge, streak, lotus fan, purifying ritual
    Stamina? >>> use rapid maneuvre, shuffle, roll dodge, ambush, block it
    Come on, stop BS. OP didn't even mention Bombard, AoE RANGED SOFT CC
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone. We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • KostasDragonborn

[sarcasm]
    Long live the Fanbois!
    [\sarcasm]

Yes as usual whenever anyone post a flaw in the game the trolls under the bridge start logging into the forums trying to counter it with something completely off topic.

The bottom line is no immunity to talons is ridiculous. If you agree or not doesn't make it less ridiculous. If you wanna say stamina builds don't have this problem cause they can't use talons or Magika builds don't have anything else (which is a lie) whatever you wanna say, the bottom line is no immunity on talons is ridiculous.

The list of skills each class has that people may feel they have no immunity to should not include talons. You have many counters available to you provided by basic movement options, blocking, champion point tree, bash, skills that stun, skills that interrupt. One cannot expect to stand idle and not have a particular ability, whether it's a stun, snare, or attack to be spammed on you. It's not a hard stun. Bottom line is that you are refusing to acknowledge that there are many tactics you can implement to elude talons, and it really doesn't take much creativity, effort, or skill. DK, especially Magicka DK is widely known, and especially on these forums, by overwhelming consensus as being A. The hardest class to play effectively in the current environment, and B. Lacking many mechanics that all other classes have available to them. As you can see the "Agree" numbers on the threads disagreeing with the OP vastly outnumber anyone agreeing with the OP. We can agree to respectfully disagree, and I apologize if I breached forum etiquette or come of as brash. The vast majority, myself included, disagree that Talons is even remotely close to being categorized as a flaw in the game. Especially, when we already have real issues with unbreakable, unblockable, stuns that you cannot dodge roll out of, i.e. perma stuns. Talons is working as intended and couldn't pose a hindrance to me beyond making me dodge roll and apply my own stun or snare on the caster.

• Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    for the record, talons is a soft cc because you can still defend yourself and roll out of it.

ok first of all OGLezard, nowhere did I say soft cc should give immunity learn to read if you are going to be a keyboard warrior, second:

Talons need an immunity timer.

You contradicted yourself by saying " nowhere did I say soft cc should give immunity" and then saying "Talons need an immunity timer."
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[sarcasm]
    Long live the Fanbois!
    [\sarcasm]

There's a thing you can do called block, I recomened using it.
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    ItsRejectz wrote: »
    There's a thing you can do called block, I recommend using it.
    That Talons can be blocked was a bug. Do some forum-research and you will find out!
    The next patch will remove this bug. There is a thread about it on the forums, with an official answer. I'll not do the search!

The TE is right. Talons are no real "soft CC", as 'targeting' becomes much more difficult. If you use Talons and you go out-of-target, reapplying Talons every 3 sec. you have a bigger 'CC advantage' than with slow (a real soft CC) and that is why I consider root a 'normal CC' and no real 'soft CC'.

2. Channeled/casted skills will be interrupted when rooted (line of sight), so that being "taloned" is a huge disadvantage for any class, which is dependent up on channeled/casted skills. Unfortunately, there is only one such a class in this game (design error!).
    3. Namely, the Templar he is the most affected class by Dark Talons. The Templar's handicap is to have too many channeled/casting time skills... He has to use either purge/cleanse, or Purifying Ritual.

To the TE: Many of us got tired of complaining about Talons, as ZOS does not listen to such 'crucial' topics, demonstrating it's "unwillingness" to do crucial and immediate fixes. (see Nirnhoned-complaints and the time they needed too fix it, for example)

Edited by Francescolg on November 1, 2015 12:05PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Talons can be blocked was a bug. Do some forum-research and you will find out!
    The next patch will remove this bug. There is a thread about it on the forums, with an official answer. I'll not do the search!

The TE is right. Talons are no real "soft CC", as 'targeting' becomes much more difficult. If you use Talons and you go out-of-target, reapplying Talons every 3 sec. you have a bigger 'CC advantage' than with slow (a real soft CC) and that is why I consider root a 'normal CC' and no real 'soft CC'.

2. Channeled/casted skills will be interrupted when rooted (line of sight), so that being "taloned" is a huge disadvantage for any class, which is dependent up on channeled/casted skills. Unfortunately, there is only one such a class in this game (design error!).
    3. Namely, the Templar he is the most affected class by Dark Talons. The Templar's handicap is to have too many channeled/casting time skills... He has to use either purge/cleanse, or Purifying Ritual.

To the TE: Many of us got tired of complaining about Talons, as ZOS does not listen to such 'crucial' topics, demonstrating it's "unwillingness" to do crucial and immediate fixes. (see Nirnhoned-complaints and the time they needed too fix it, for example)
    First, it wast a bug. It was intended. It was a stealth nerf.
    Second, templars can cleanse.

Because I can!
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've when people talk crap and are dead wrong. Use your own advice sir. Lol. It was intended. Nice try though!
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no need to repeat what I said, thank you! Even if Templars can use purge/cleanse/ritual (which I already stated in my post), they loose 2-3 seconds to do so, while other classes can (effectively) use most of their skills when they stand in permanent CC/root.
    So, the fact that most Templar spells/skills are channeled/casted IS a disadvantage when facing a player who spams Dark Talons (and every other root/CC), as you can forget skills like Puncturing Sweep, if your target moves at the right position.

Concerning the "talon block stealth nurf", I was not up to date, as this company keeps doing back-and-forth games: My information was based up on the PTS forum patch notes. Apparently, ZOS made again a 180° turn.. No matter what, Magicka Templars still have the disadvantage, when being perma-rooted. Whether you can block Talons or you can't, doesn't change the disadvantage of beeing permanently rooted/CC'd, as a magicka class, whose 'best' spells/skills are channeled/casted. (One of the major complaints about the class for over a year now..)
    Dragonknight
    (...)
    •Dark Talons: This ability’s root is no longer blockable.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222124/pts-patch-notes-v2-2-0/p1
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/216514/talons-cc-is-blockable-thanks-zos/p6

Edited by Francescolg on November 1, 2015 2:31PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The change to Talons now being blockable was intended

Awkwaaarrrrddd.
    Edited by Armitas on November 1, 2015 1:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    The change to Talons now being blockable was intended

Awkwaaarrrrddd.

Rekt.

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awkwaaarrrrddd.
    So, what? We've already come to this conclusion.. (see above)

If you read ZOS's first statements on the topic, they stated that the Dark Talons nurf was not intended. They even wrote it in the first PTS patch notes and forgot to change it. Their covering of tracks is not perfect.. The actual ZOS statement is: "The Dark Talons nurf was intended".
    Of course, players might be confused what is going to happen now! I'm sure you respect that!

Nonetheless, the class with most of it's skills being channeled/casted remains negatively affected by Dark Talons spam and, therefore, Dark Talons is more than a "soft CC", as it is as good as a hard-CC vs. Templars (if not even better because of no-immunity/break free), if you know how to use it.

Therefore, Root should not be considered as soft CC but as hard CC. Imo, one of many errors of this game.

Edited by Francescolg on November 1, 2015 3:09PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awkwaaarrrrddd.

If you read ZOS's first statements on the topic, they stated that the Dark Talons nurf was not intended. They even wrote it in the first PTS patch notes and forgot to change it. Their covering of tracks is not perfect.. The actual ZOS statement is: "The Dark Talons nurf was intended".
    Of course, players might be confused what is going to happen now! I'm sure you respect that!

Nonetheless, the class with most of it's skills being channeled/casted remains negatively affected by Dark Talons spam and, therefore, Dark Talons is more than a "soft CC", as it is as good as a hard-CC vs. Templars (if not even better because of no-immunity/break free), if you know how to use it.

Therefore, Root should not be considered as soft CC but as hard CC. Imo, one of many errors of this game.

You edited that all in after my post... So instead of "we already came to that conclusion" you should be saying. "I have now come to the conclusion" there is no we, cause we already knew.

have you tried doing anything besides spamming jabs?
    Edited by Armitas on November 1, 2015 3:32PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awkwaaarrrrddd.

I don't mean to throw L2P, but a magicka DK, especially as they stand now, is not an unfavorable match-up for a templar. Most of their tricks have hard counters for templars. Dots -> cleanse. Flame lash -> Eclipse. Melee stuff - > Puncturing sweep. No mobility -> You get to fight inside your purifying ritual. Their best ultimate (meteor) -> cleansed. They flap -> I don't care I don't use projectiles.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    This wouldn't really be a problem if they didn't blanket nerf roll dodge.

^^ This

Straight up nerf to basic defense mechanics without thinking it trought and considering the global impact on the combat gameplay. Dodge roll harsh nerf and Block stam regen nerf basicaly undirectly buffed all immobilize abilities (look at ambush spammers, bombard spammers, encase spammers), ironicaly talons are the least issue because of its very short range, as well as our forever favourite WB :D (not to hijack this thread ... just saying that it's not just about one thing ... it has wider impact)