The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Having such bad lag today :(

PURPLE245
PURPLE245
✭✭✭
i have played pretty much every day since day of release never had this problem but today my ping has bee threw the roof my normal ping is about 180 but today i cant even log in with a lower ping then 500 and if it does drop under thats its like 350 and thats only for a couple seconds then its back up again only been doin it today in cyro anyone else having this problem?
↓♛The Fam♛↓
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I quit today because the lag and number of bugs has been the worst I've ever seen it...and there was only maybe 15 players versus 15 that I saw around the map. Absolutely no reasons for this garbage.

After the fourth time in an hour of being unable to breakfree/use block or use my left mouse button at all without reloading UI I just said F it and logged. I don't have much patience left in me for this game.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on much this week, but the days i did log, Azura's Star was pretty much unplayable with lag.

@Ezareth that bug happens to me all the time, I have a full stamina bar yet break free and dodgeroll don't work....can';t use your left mouse button or do anything....I have honestly come to the conclusion i doubt any of this including the lag will ever be fixed...they don't want the lag anymore then we do, and the fact they can't fix it tells me it won't ever be fixed....its a shame reeally...this game ran fine prior to 1.2.3...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on much this week, but the days i did log, Azura's Star was pretty much unplayable with lag.

@Ezareth that bug happens to me all the time, I have a full stamina bar yet break free and dodgeroll don't work....can';t use your left mouse button or do anything....I have honestly come to the conclusion i doubt any of this including the lag will ever be fixed...they don't want the lag anymore then we do, and the fact they can't fix it tells me it won't ever be fixed....its a shame reeally...this game ran fine prior to 1.2.3...

@RinaldoGandolphi Are you surge dodge roll doesn't work when you experience this? What happens to me is my left mouse button will literally stop being able to interact with the game. I won't be able to drag anything into my quick slot for example, or use transitus. Can't block (since its still bound to Left/Right mouse) or break free for the same reason. Can't power overload or light attack.

I suspect it has something to do with sword and board since I've experienced it on my nightblade before as well but it's the most annoying frustrating bug I've experience in this game because it appears to only regularly affect me. You're the first person I've heard of who experiences it other than me.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

@RinaldoGandolphi Are you surge dodge roll doesn't work when you experience this? What happens to me is my left mouse button will literally stop being able to interact with the game. I won't be able to drag anything into my quick slot for example, or use transitus. Can't block (since its still bound to Left/Right mouse) or break free for the same reason. Can't power overload or light attack.

I suspect it has something to do with sword and board since I've experienced it on my nightblade before as well but it's the most annoying frustrating bug I've experience in this game because it appears to only regularly affect me. You're the first person I've heard of who experiences it other than me.

@Ezareth Yes dodge roll won't work for me when i experience this. It won't let me break free even though i have full stamina the game acts like im out, and i can't dodge roll either, Its like im locked out of interacting with the game, my left mouse button literally stops interacting with the game...I also suffer from the same not being able to drag skills to the skill slots, can't use transistis, sometimes even weapon swap will not work. I have even had the odd occurance of all my skill slots being greyed out and none of them useable.

Sometimes previewing a mount or a costume in the Crown Store will fix it, other times im forced to ReloadUi, in some cases im forced to relog altogether, and at primetime in Azura that means being kicked out and waiting in que at which point i usually log at that juncture. It happened far more when i ran sword and board on my Templar, but my Destro/Resto Sorc is not immune to it either..
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Ezareth Yes dodge roll won't work for me when i experience this. It won't let me break free even though i have full stamina the game acts like im out, and i can't dodge roll either, Its like im locked out of interacting with the game, my left mouse button literally stops interacting with the game...I also suffer from the same not being able to drag skills to the skill slots, can't use transistis, sometimes even weapon swap will not work. I have even had the odd occurance of all my skill slots being greyed out and none of them useable.

Sometimes previewing a mount or a costume in the Crown Store will fix it, other times im forced to ReloadUi, in some cases im forced to relog altogether, and at primetime in Azura that means being kicked out and waiting in que at which point i usually log at that juncture. It happened far more when i ran sword and board on my Templar, but my Destro/Resto Sorc is not immune to it either..

Odd. I'm almost certain that I can dodge roll, I'm keeping recordings of every time I experience this so I can watch them and determine exactly what is in common when I experience it.

/Reloadui for me has worked 100% of the time. If I had to start logging off again to fix bugs (Like the age-old cyrodiil death bug that persisted for 18 months before it was fixed) I'd be even more pissed. I think I'd just log off and not come back.

Next time I experience it I'll try dodge roll again. It almost seems as if you're experience a completely different, yet similar bug.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like he's experiencing the sprint bug where your bar grays out.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nah it definitely happens to me and I have to relog to fix it. I'll try reloadui next time, but I swear it didn't work the first time i experienced it. Same issue, sword and board, unable to use left/right click. However, my scroll wheel will still work.

One thing also I've been experiencing more and more is being unable to swap my weapons. It's not a matter of lag otherwise it would eventually switch which doesn't happen. I'll usually prox det and then try to swap bars going into a fight and end up getting stuck on my prox det bar. Usually I'll be able to swap once I breakfree from a stun or if I stop casting for a few seconds.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Nah it definitely happens to me and I have to relog to fix it. I'll try reloadui next time, but I swear it didn't work the first time i experienced it. Same issue, sword and board, unable to use left/right click. However, my scroll wheel will still work.

One thing also I've been experiencing more and more is being unable to swap my weapons. It's not a matter of lag otherwise it would eventually switch which doesn't happen. I'll usually prox det and then try to swap bars going into a fight and end up getting stuck on my prox det bar. Usually I'll be able to swap once I breakfree from a stun or if I stop casting for a few seconds.

Yeah I've had that as well and it's infuriating. It also happens to me in overload all the time. I was fighting an Emperor 1 v 1 the other night and was hoping around trying to weapon swap for 15 seconds while he laid into me, all I could do was keep bolt escaping and refreshing my shields until eventually I was able to get out of overload. I also notice that I'm going into overload often with my sword and board or staff still visible with all the animations of a character in overload which is looks really weird and is confusing the same.

I know @ZOS_RyanRuzich evidently fixed some of the "greyed out bar" bugs that was caused by variations of hitting sprint on PTS but I don't think he has fixed this one yet.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube