The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Star Wars Galaxies (Please Devs, Don't Make The Same MIstake)

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I'm really glad this was brought up. ZOS, I would like a Jedi class in ESO please.

There's no jedi, but you can play a sith sorcerer. OVERLOAD FTW!

Shameless plug :P~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GjwRMPYkzc
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

Mate, i was there and i know everyone wanted to be jedi. FFS who dont want to be one when playing star wars game? But how can you say that players demanded NGO kind of changes is beyond me.

FYI i dont agree with punishing people for going in groups but AOE cap is absurd and must go.

Uhm... I was a bounty hunter and I LOVED KILLING JEDI. I only unlocked my force sensitivity so I could add to my skills as a BH. Death to the Jedi.

Anyway, sorry my Imperial side took over there. That's just it though, ANYONE COULD BE JEDI IF THEY PUT IN THE WORK. It was a lot of work not just to get a Jedi, but to level a Jedi as well BC if you died you lost a TON of XP. It was a fabulous Cost vs. Reward system that was somewhat buggy when it was implemented, but I was always on those bounty boards looking to take someone down. I never at any point during playing that game had a desire to be a Jedi.

Jedi = NGE because it was the pinnacle decision to completely over simplify and completely change fundamental gameplay mechanics. Again people wanted thing easy and simple and they got it in spades. It's not a "slippery-slope" in gaming is a mother-F@#!-ing log flume.

I remember entertainer was the grind class with righ macro you could get to level 90 in like 5 hours
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cause of this? Every person wanted to be a Jedi. However, according to lore, Jedi were to be SUPER rare, and beyond that they were to be hunted by Bounty Hunters. I loved hunting Jedi. Essentially, everyone wants to be a badass without any work. Everyone believes THEY DESERVE to be a badass. Well, just remember, they don't.

I think that once Jedi knights appear in the crown store, they will be priced at $100-200 to ensure they will remain rare.
    Armitas wrote: »
    It should never be about listen to the players, or don't listen to the players. It should be about always listening to the players, and making informed decisions based on the best of professional experience/intuition, player feedback, and reality.

And, most importantly, based on whims of top brass.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on October 28, 2015 2:36AM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad this was brought up. ZOS, I would like a Jedi class in ESO please.

CC immunity is not being granted proper ally after Force Push.
    Force Pull is being used unfairly to pull defenders off keep walls.
    Force Lightning is not scaling with Elemental Expert.
    Intended? Lightsaber is deflecting ALL projectiles including Ballista Bolts.
    Storyline that involves discovering Molag Bal is your father is poorly written.

Nerf Jedi.
    Edited by revonine on October 28, 2015 11:06AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually a huge update was released in which it completely changed the game into something unrecognizable and almost less than a year later the game went offline.

The NGE was introduced in 2005. The game went offline in 2011. So not in less then 1 year.

NGE was crap. But a load of updates after that made in not that bad. I liked pre-cu better though because of the better sandbox gameplay.

Edit. I played SWG from December 2003 to November 2011. Since they closed the game im always looking for a new SWG (and preferably the pre-cu SWG). Sadly that will never come. Pathfinder looks a bit close but not that close. I tried Fallen Earth, Vanguard (which was a good mix between sandbox and themepark) and many more. After TESO I have to come to the conclusion... SWG will be the only mmo I ever loved.

RIP Orit Kelteel... 2003 - 2011

Edited by Knootewoot on October 28, 2015 11:43AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

Although it is not yet live, I was part of testing for The Repopulation. That is the closest to SWG you will ever get.
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the assumptions made thus far.

Firstly, the VAST majority of the community (which is not restricted to your guild, and the elite players) wanted their Jedi character, and wanted it now. On top of that, so many people were frustrated by the complexity of the combat and class system (sound familiar) they cried out for a major overhaul; So we got the NGE.

I was there too bra. Very active on the forums, and I remember. Then NGE hit, and of course it's easy to say you were on the right side of history after the fact, but the truth is most weren't. They wanted it, and once they got it they realized their sins.

I must say, it's no wonder the devs probably stay out these forums as much as possible. How many stories and assumptions were made up about me (being a dev) in the last several posts about my PvP play style (almost no AoE and actually about 50/50 on group and solo bc I love to do both). I have about 140 champion points and I feel like an effective member that part of the team. Not running the show. I hate to group lead. However, I use my skills effectively, understand my class and how it plays. My job is to harass, confuse, and support those around me; not to be a badass swinging an axe in a group of 5 enemies. This is all you want, admit it.

I mean these developers put out an EXCEPTIONAL game, that as far as I can tell has been well supported and tweaked nicely up to this point. The hate and anger derived to them is REDICULOUS. All I can say, is that the game has been getting better since I've been playing it; with the exception of the IC. This messed with the alliance war numbers to much in my opinion and should be a completely separate zone/server. However, I do have every confidence that this will be remedied and some point over the next year.

Next, AoE zerg? Then maybe you should get some healers bra. If you're getting wrecked over, then guess what bra? Your team blows. 99% of the time lag is not an issue for me, and I'm on satellite so you might wanna get off your dial-up son.

DPS, Tanking, AoE, Healing, etc... there's a reason this game has classes. So people have to work together to be an effective team and steamroll anyone that's not in a group or working together. If you can't handle that then go play with yourself.
    I don't really understand comparing the colossal, sweeping, full game altering changes that came with NGE in SWG to making zergs less effective in ESO.

Then you have no understanding of gaming fundamentals. Teamwork is a fundamental of gameplay, to change this would fundamentally change how people play the game as much as NGE. Furthermore, people didn't fully understand how NGE would change the game either. They only focused on what they would gain, not what they would lose.

P.S. If I was a dev, you can believe I would've shut down at least half the threads out there right now because they are moronic, hateful, and/or toxic. You want me to clean up the forum ZoS? You just let me know. ;)

I'd hate to burst your bubble but you aren't an effective member of your 24 man zerg. With those numbers it does not matter at all if you are there or not, the combat system combined with the sheer numbers makes everything useless against your "elite" team except for another big group. Please stop deluding yourself. Once upon a time a small group could stop a full raid like that using clever tactics but now everything is useless against it.

All previously viable counters do not work. Please don't sit there an patronize the rest of us who have played this game since the beta and have seem things steadily decline EXACTLY because of players and play styles like yours.

It's as simple as that.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm........ so this means we are getting a Jar-Jar mount...right?
    Meh...**** it..
  • Bezilar

There's no jedi, but you can play a sith sorcerer. OVERLOAD FTW!

Oh yes there is ;P