Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom weapon - Weapon Damage issue / bug ?

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
Something weird, was playing with some gear on PTS. Originally had 2 Agility weapons and 1 Agility Necklace. Then equipped 1 Maelstrom Dagger and suddenly had a higher weapon damage than before.

Anybody know what is going on?!

Recap:
- 2 Agility + 1 Maelstrom Dagger gives MORE weapon damage than 3 Agility (2 Agility weapon, 1 Necklace)

The weapons. were all epic quality. Sort of strange because the 3 piece bonus on Agility is Weapon Damage. The 1 maelstrom piece also gives weapon damage, but only 90-ish which should be less.
Edited by Docmandu on October 30, 2015 6:33PM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you swap to your off bar, cast a skill and swap back to your mainbar, do you still have higher weapon damage than expected? I had something similar with master daggers and torugs pact swords, but this fixed it.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this was in patch notes that they increased weapon and spell dmg of maelstrom weapons. Im not sure, I can see if I find it.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you swap to your off bar, cast a skill and swap back to your mainbar, do you still have higher weapon damage than expected? I had something similar with master daggers and torugs pact swords, but this fixed it.

Yups.. and also did /reloadui to make sure it wasn't a display issue.

Posted the screenshots... both use an Axe (Agility vs Maelstrom) to make sure it isn't due to sword 5% bonus
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this was in patch notes that they increased weapon and spell dmg of maelstrom weapons. Im not sure, I can see if I find it.

The weapon damage of the weapons show the same number for the Agility & Maelstrom. (1335)
    Edited by Docmandu on October 30, 2015 6:18PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

The weapon damage of the weapons show the same number for the Agility & Maelstrom.

Yeah I know but.. hmm.. I cant seam to find it.
    I might have dreamed it then but, wasnt there a pts patch notes 2.2.3? I only find 2.2.2 when I search.

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Handed Weapon: Increased the bonus damage and the Stamina restored by 50%.
    Dual Wield Weapons: Increased the bonus Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 100%.
    Destruction Staff: Increased the bonus damage granted by 30%.
    Bow: Increased the base value of the bonus damage by 280%. The amount gained per tick will remain the same. The tooltip has also been updated to reflect this change.
    Shield: This item can now drop as part of either the Permafrost or Glorious Defender item sets.

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow: Increased the base value of the bonus damage by 280%. The amount gained per tick will remain the same. The tooltip has also been updated to reflect this change.
    Shield: This item can now drop as part of either the Permafrost or Glorious Defender item sets.

Why did I have to go to reddit to find this?

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that refers to the bonus you get when you use Flurry. ie.

"Your Flurry grants 3096 additional Weapon and Spell Damage on the next single-target damage over time effect cast within 4 seconds. While equipped, grants 94 additional Weapon Damage"

While Agility: 3 items: Adds 189 Weapon Damage
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Your Flurry grants 3096 additional Weapon and Spell Damage on the next single-target damage over time effect cast within 4 seconds. While equipped, grants 94 additional Weapon Damage"

Ah ok, sry for out topic your question,
    Still find it strange that they deleted pts patch notes 2.2.3 from the forum.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW: 2 Maelstrom weapons equipped gives me 2700 WD, so less than 1 Agility + 1 Maelstrom and 2 Agility.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean these: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226606/pts-patch-notes-v2-2-3/p1 :-)

Adjusted the values on the Maelstrom weapons as follows:

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean these: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226606/pts-patch-notes-v2-2-3/p1 :-)

Adjusted the values on the Maelstrom weapons as follows:

yeah I couldnt find them. I also cant press answered on a comment. Looks almost like I have an outdated version of the forums or something.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just created a new v16 template character, no passives skilled, only 2 agility rings equipped.

1. bar: agility dagger: 1528 wd
    2. bar: maelstrom dagger: 1622 wd

but it seems to be only a display issue, my light attacks with the agility dagger do more damage than the ones with the maelstrom dagger.
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    Probably something to do with the enchants on em