The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran Levels getting removed?

thomasvaughn21_ESO
Are VR levels really getting removed? Is there any point to keep leveling up in VR levels?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The latest word on this (from yesterday), directly from the devs (@ZOS_GinaBruno):
    Yes, the plan is still to remove Veteran Ranks. We'll talk more about the details of this as we get closer to implementation.
    The removal of Veteran Ranks requires a lot more work than just, well, removing them. There's impact to itemization, quests, and dungeons to name a few. Again, we'll talk more about all this later next year.

So, yes, ZOS still plans to remove Veteran Ranks, but it doesn't sound like they have finalized how to go about it and the earliest it will happen is "later next year."

Basically, that means it is happening no time in the near future (if ever, because plans can still change) and there is definitely a reason to keep leveling up Veteran Ranks. If you want to do the PvE endgame content they add or stand a chance in VR PvP, you will need to eventually be VR16 (or VR whatever it ends up being).

Edited to add: I also think it will benefit you from an itemization perspective, ZOS cannot just bump everyone back to Level 50 and call it a day. They will have to implement some kind of gear tier system with higher VR gear being a higher tier than lower VR gear.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 29, 2015 4:58AM
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, it seems like every other month the official word keeps changing. Last I heard the official word is that they never will get rid of them, and that champion points will be temporarily capped for a while to allow players to catch up.

I mean really, they just added a couple more v levels with the last update, and didn't someone datamine something that indicates more increase in V levels in the future?
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    Wow, it seems like every other month the official word keeps changing. Last I heard the official word is that they never will get rid of them, and that champion points will be temporarily capped for a while to allow players to catch up.

I mean really, they just added a couple more v levels with the last update, and didn't someone datamine something that indicates more increase in V levels in the future?

I'm almost positive that the official word has always been that they plan to remove them, but that it won't be anytime soon. And yes, someone did datamine items with additional veteran ranks...ZOS responded saying they won't increase the VR level with the Orsinium DLC, but I don't think they ever said they would never increase it again (I don't think they committed to that one way or the other lol).

• thomasvaughn21_ESO
    I think capping champion points would fix alot of the pvp problems. Pretty ridiculous when you run into a group of 3 VR 16s with 2000 champion points that can just roll through a decent group of 12+ with ease. If they put a cap on champion points though they might need to make the benefit you get from them a little bit stronger once you get closer to the cap..
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I think capping champion points would fix alot of the pvp problems. Pretty ridiculous when you run into a group of 3 VR 16s with 2000 champion points that can just roll through a decent group of 12+ with ease. If they put a cap on champion points though they might need to make the benefit you get from them a little bit stronger once you get closer to the cap..

A cap on champion points will be implemented with the next major patch (it has already been announced). This will occur on November 2 for PC and later in the month for PS4/Xbox One. The cap is 501 total points (or 167 in each major constellation).