Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long is this "maintenance" going to take?

PDub1984
PDub1984
How much longer is this supposed "maintenance" going to take? Also what are they going to fix? Hopefully the friends lists finally. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.
  • Avaralou
    Avaralou
    Yes, an update of some kind as far as how long maintenance will be extended for would be greatly appreciated
  • SMuttons
    SMuttons
    Maybe they're all playing Halo 5 and forgot to complete the maintenance.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a 'backend' maintenance. The servers are constipated, and the drug store ran out of laxatives. You just can't rush such delicate matters. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avaralou wrote: »
    Yes, an update of some kind as far as how long maintenance will be extended for would be greatly appreciated

Lol, an update of some kind lmao. You know this is ZOS you're talking about right?
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avaralou wrote: »

I'm pretty sure last time there was an update coupled with maintenance it took all day, then it was down for a few hours the following day to fix problems. So who knows... hopefully it'll just be the usual 3-4 hours.
  • PDub1984
    PDub1984
    Oh my God! More maintenance!?! What the hell is taking them so long? This is now the second day in a row that I haven't been able to play at all. ZOS you guys really need to get it together.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow, October 28th, we will be performing additional maintenance on both the North American and European megaservers for all platforms to complete our planned work. In short, we are upgrading our hardware and fixing bugs that could potentially cause unplanned outages, and want to do this before Orsinium is published next week to ensure a smooth launch. This maintenance will begin at 4:00am EDT, and could last upwards of six hours.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow, October 28th, we will be performing additional maintenance on both the North American and European megaservers for all platforms to complete our planned work. In short, we are upgrading our hardware and fixing bugs that could potentially cause unplanned outages, and want to do this before Orsinium is published next week to ensure a smooth launch. This maintenance will begin at 4:00am EDT, and could last upwards of six hours.

Come back to QQ at 10:00.
    Edited by Ourorboros on October 28, 2015 12:09PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDub1984 wrote: »
    Oh my God! More maintenance!?! What the hell is taking them so long? This is now the second day in a row that I haven't been able to play at all. ZOS you guys really need to get it together.
    Chill out. This one is planned and to help serve Orsinium better to you, which you would complain about if that ran like crap too.
    Basically no matter what they do, people like you are always going to moan. Sometimes negatives are for positive reasons. Learn to deal with it.
  • PDub1984
    PDub1984
    The problem is that this game is rarely ever working properly for me and a bunch of people within the community. They've known about numerous issues but have done nothing to fix them nor give feedback to the people who pay for their game. They're only interested in pushing their shiny new additions instead of fixing the problems that people have been having since launch. They announce new items in the crown stores but half of the population who has ESO plus hasn't received their crowns for months. I don't care about orsinium. I want them to fix the friends list that has been screwed up since they released imperial city and have done nothing about except give stock responses that don't work for anyone. In that regard I do have a reason to complain.
  • Black_Frostwyrm
    Black_Frostwyrm
    Soul Shriven
    Lol, chill out man, try to do something with your life. You know, there are things called books, and they come in all sizes and topics. You might even learn something from them :smile: .
  • Ajitator
    Ajitator
    ✭✭✭
    "Update: The datacenter maintenance is still ongoing, and expected to last at least another three hours. We'll continue to keep you updated, and will let you know if/when we have a new ETA."

10:05

Go check out that burning ball of gas in the sky,. It's pretty gnarly... Might even get an achievement.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Once you start playing you will see there are plenty of things that need to be fixed. I for one am happy to see things being worked on. Does it suck? Yes.
  • SMuttons
    SMuttons
    I love how everyone rags on the guy for wanting to play. From the looks of it, a lot of people have been doing other things lately. Most guilds are empty. Most zones are empty (with the exception of a few). Don't rush people off so fast. ZOS is doing a good enough job of that on their own. Be glad that there's still people excited to play.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    Once you start playing you will see there are plenty of things that need to be fixed. I for one am happy to see things being worked on. Does it suck? Yes.

This is server maintenance, not a patch. So you're confused. This isn't going to fix anything because it's not a PATCH. Server maintenance has nothing to do with fixing bugs or other issues in the game.
    My Characters

• russb7b14_ESO
    russb7b14_ESO
    ✭✭
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »

This is server maintenance, not a patch. So you're confused. This isn't going to fix anything because it's not a PATCH. Server maintenance has nothing to do with fixing bugs or other issues in the game.

I'm not confused about anything. He asked what needs to be fixed? I said plenty of things. Also if you do not think upgrading hardware and putting a system into place to help avoid outages, that are not already in place, isn't a "fix" your the confused one.

• Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not confused about anything. He asked what needs to be fixed? I said plenty of things. Also if you do not think upgrading hardware and putting a system into place to help avoid outages, that are not already in place, isn't a "fix" your the confused one.

Lol, but that's not what you were saying. "When you start playing you'll see there are plenty of things that need fixing". That's what you said and the in-game stuff has nothing to do with server maintenance.
    My Characters

• PaladinStavros
    SMuttons wrote: »
    I love how everyone rags on the guy for wanting to play. From the looks of it, a lot of people have been doing other things lately. Most guilds are empty. Most zones are empty (with the exception of a few). Don't rush people off so fast. ZOS is doing a good enough job of that on their own. Be glad that there's still people excited to play.

Agreed. Telling people to go outside while hanging out in a video game support forum...

Time to take a good hard look in the mirror lol
  • Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone calm down and get a Snickers, we're all going to be OK.
  • RFV71654
    RFV71654
    Everyone calm down and get a Snickers, we're all going to be OK.

"You're not you when you're hungry" to play the game. LOL
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭

Lol, but that's not what you were saying. "When you start playing you'll see there are plenty of things that need fixing". That's what you said and the in-game stuff has nothing to do with server maintenance.

I guess lag in PVP and load screens are not an in game issue. Or maybe I do not understand what hardware updates address. Server stability is with out a doubt something I notice when I play. You know better about what I meant than me so have a nice day friend.