The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NA and EU Megaserver Maintenance [COMPLETE]

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Today, we had planned to bring all North American megaservers offline to perform some datacenter maintenance. During this process, all European megaservers unexpectedly became unresponsive, and were also brought offline. While we were able to restore service for the European megaservers within a couple hours, it extended our timeline for the North American megaserver maintenance and caused it to not only go longer than intended, but we weren’t able to finish what we had started.

Tomorrow, October 28th, we will be performing additional maintenance on both the North American and European megaservers for all platforms to complete our planned work. In short, we are upgrading our hardware and fixing bugs that could potentially cause unplanned outages, and want to do this before Orsinium is published next week to ensure a smooth launch. This maintenance will begin at 4:00am EDT, and could last upwards of six hours. While we always try to minimize downtime, please understand that regular maintenance is necessary for the health of the game and helps us reduce unplanned maintenances.

We’ll do our best to keep you updated, and will let you know when maintenance is wrapping up. Thanks, as always, for your ongoing patience.

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: The datacenter maintenance is still ongoing, and expected to last at least another three hours. We'll continue to keep you updated, and will let you know if/when we have a new ETA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Latest update: We still have quite a bit of work to complete, and the new ETA is 6:00pm EDT. We apologize for the extended downtime, and are going as quickly as we can. This maintenance for the datacenter is a necessary evil, though, and will prevent future issues (such as outages) from occurring.

We'll continue to update everyone as we receive news.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: Maintenance is going well, and we're still on track to open in a couple hours. Thanks again for your patience!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Quick update: The account page is now back online, and we're currently testing all megaservers!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Today's datacenter maintenance is now complete, and all megaservers are back online.

Thanks again for everyone patience ! We enjoyed the meme threads during the downtime. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post