Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console Group Finder Help (XBox)

oehk
oehk
✭✭
(XBox)
Hi all,

I have been out of the game for a while, as well as the forums. My wife and I were trying to do the 1st dungeon Banished Cells and decided after laughing a while that we should try it with 4 instead of 2.

I thought I had read in the forums here that the Group Finder was fixed and worked well. I queued us up while standing outside of the entrance, and we played 3 rounds of Uno on the couch while waiting for additional players.

We gave up after making sandwiches after Uno. Never got another player for the group.

Is there a certain way to setup the options in the Group Finder to make it work or is it just ZOS'd?

Thanks for any insight.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I could help but "Group Finder" has never worked for me but I haven't tried it for about a month so maybe it's been fixed since then. I'm at a point in the game (Vet 12) where I will need to start grouping if I have any hope of leveling up any further. All I'm doing right now is seeking/finding metal ores and raw woods and doing Woodworking and Blacksmithing writs/quests. BORING! Look me up if you need a group member. I'm neither a Tank nor a Healer.

FixedBlade123
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Like the guy above me I'm Vet 7 having almost exclusively played solo content, not looking forward to it but I gotta start doing group content too.

I did use the group-finder once or twice though, and when I did it got me a group pretty quickly. I can't remember entirely but I think you can select a specific dungeon or simply que up for all of them correct? Take that last option.

I'm on PS4 EU btw.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. I'm was just lvl15 haha. Rerolled last night since my wife wanted to be a different race. I think it was harder explaining why that wasn't a paid feature(race change) to her than getting ZOS to say they want to do it LOL.

We're pretty casual so it will be a long time before we get to any vet ranks. We might look ya up @FixedBlade123 just to actually interact with someone in game other than ourselves ha. I'm Platypusmuerte on XBox1.

Need to get her and I into a guild so we can sell some racial motif things. Anyways, thanks for the confirmation that the Group Finder is still borked.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's alot of fixes coming to Group Finder on 18th Nov with the Orsinium patch including auto teleproting to the dungeon and cross faction groups etc
  • Destroyah380
    On XB1 NA, whenever I try to use the group finder for normal dungeons, it sends me to a veteran dungeon & that's only if it doesn't take 20 years to find a group in the first place. The whole choosing a difficulty option is there for design basically, it has zero functionality. Trying to recruit in-game is a pain in the ass and the LFG forum here isn't used often enough so it's extremely slow. ZOS needs to fix these things already.
  • Hiker
    Hiker
    ✭✭
    I'm only Vet 1 but have used the group finder often as I enjoy the dungeons. I'm on xbox EU. It actually seems to have gotten worse. I'm a healer an it used to take about 15 to 30 minutes to find a group. Now it's like 1.5 hours and then it's useless as there's never enough folks. I've given up on it and if it ain't fixed in November I'm off.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    We've tried:
    • Just me looking to fill a group in a dungeon
    • My wife and me looking to fill a group in a dungeon
    • My wife, me, and another player looking to fill a group in a dungeon

All either never find anyone to add, or if we do it takes over 2 hrs, and then when the person joins the group they say:
    • Oh this isn't what I queued for..../leavegroup
    • Where is this place at, I've never been. /longpause /leavegroup
    • Are you on last boss? - me: no, starting from beginning -them: /leavegroup
    • -them: no voice turned on and totally disregarding group tactics and constant wiping. /leavegroup
    • -them: armor totally broke, dies isntantly /leavegroup

LOL only needs a few minor tweaks, I guess right?
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    I think that it's just that not enough people use the group finder. Coupled with level-spread and different consoles/servers and there's just not enough folk to match you with.

I hope that'll get slightly better as you level up, in the mean time I think that Guilds are your only solid long-term option.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    Oh its definately that no one is using it since it seems buggy. There is almost always a large group outside the dungeons so far, but getting anyone to respond.... is another story.