Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guards using Focused Strike

Fat-Larry-Makes-All
I was in Sentinel where I might've accidentally burned someone's face off with Radiant oppression. It wasn't my fault really. That skill is listed under my O button, the same one that I spam when cancelling a conversation. He can take it up with the store-keeper I was talking to that never changes what he says.

Unfortunately, the city guard did not agree to that point of view. I mean, they didn't actually say this but it looked to me that perhaps they were past the point of talking. At least that's what I gathered from all the sharpened steel coming my way.

Not to worry, I stopped radiantly oppressing that person just before any bone would become visible and started making preparations for my departure. Wich is mostly just putting on Rapid regeneration, and then running away really really slowly, plopping down restoring focus runes as you go.

Not this time though. Apparently this guard was close friends with the one who's features I had accidentally disfigured (not even to the bone mind you) for he thought it necessary to break out the tactical nukes. 25.466 damage from a single Focused strike!

Now I'm all for Law & Order but I'm Vet 8 and I have 21.403 health. How is anyone supposed to fight The Man this way?
Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You can't actually defeat the city guards...You have escape them (or pay your bounty).
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    You can't actually defeat the city guards...You have escape them (or pay your bounty).

I'm sorry but you seem to have misunderstood, maybe my story is a bit over-dressed.

I was running away, trying to anyway. But then the guard killed me with a single Focused Strike attack that hit 4.000 higher than my max health.

Surely it's not supposed to work like that, so my question is wether other people have experienced this. Maybe I did something stupid, or maybe it's the post-dead screen that's wrong and I was actually hit by multiple attacks instead of only one.

Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    My only fix, don't get seen doing anything illegal.

Also there is a gameplay option/setting to exclude innocents from your available target group, for PS4 it is Prevent Attacking Innocents.
    Edited by Drax76 on October 26, 2015 1:23AM
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Drax76 wrote: »
    My only fix, don't get seen doing anything illegal.

Also there is a gameplay option/setting to exclude innocents from your available target group, for PS4 it is Prevent Attacking Innocents.

Yea I gotta leave that turned on.. I'd get caught stealing some stuff inside someone's house, and the occupants just keep on attacking, preventing me from leaving. The only way is to escape is to murder them. Apparently you don't mess around with a man's candle-snuffer in Tamriel.

Thanks anyway!
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Invisibility potions can give you enough time out of combat to open the door. I use a mixture which also has the Unstoppable effect which also works effectively to escape City Guards, at V16 anyways.
    Edited by Drax76 on October 26, 2015 7:25AM
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25k? Cute. This guy is so OP he didn't even bother morphing teleport strike. What a scrub

3ZpGNzE.jpg
    Edited by Alucardo on October 26, 2015 7:27AM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    25k? Cute. This guy is so OP he didn't even bother morphing teleport strike. What a scrub

3ZpGNzE.jpg

perhaps it is because (s)he is a magicka NB and knows lotus fan sucks...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Drax76 wrote: »
    Invisibility potions can give you enough time out of combat to open the door. I use a mixture which also has the Unstoppable effect which also works effectively to escape City Guards, at V16 anyways.

That's such a perfect solution what the heck... I've got alchemy maxed out, why didn't I think of this haha
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when the guard with the bow says "Taking Aim" you need to interrupt him,
    When his arms glow orange you are in for a huge, i MEAN REALLY huge amount of damage coming your way....

Put up whatever shield you have and pray but in general just die..

if you get a guards heath to just below a quarter something weird happens in game,
    he kills you in one shot and there is nothing you can do..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)