Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

storylines

kad01121ub17_ESO
when i first played ESO when it came out i was playing a wood elf and even tho i got to level 11 then stopped now that im installing the game again and wanting to play a high elf is the storyline gonna be the same as what i did with my wood elf? like am i gonna have to do the same quests? if so that might get boring for me so im just wondering if i should choose a different race completely rather then stay in the aldemir dominion ( even tho i love being an elf) What do you think? opinions welcomed!

AD High Elf, PC, NA, Server!
New to MMo's Always looking for friends to quest with!
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you will have to do the quest's over.
    It doesn't matter what faction you play. after you complete 1 you go over to the next untill you have done all 3
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    ok thanks.

• Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    That being said if you want a different story arc from 1-50 then yes you will want to run a different faction.
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    oh alright. thanks Ommamar

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder why people think you must be in AD to be an Elf? You can play any race in any Faction.I saw a few posts on other threads where they think they have to play one area or another to fit their race. I was just curious.Maybe I am missing something.I have a Dark Elf in EP,and a Nord in AD.None in DC cos I dont like that Faction at all.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if you have the preorder or the adventures pack.
    normal version doesn't allow you to play any race in any alliance
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why people think you must be in AD to be an Elf? You can play any race in any Faction.I saw a few posts on other threads where they think they have to play one area or another to fit their race. I was just curious.Maybe I am missing something.I have a Dark Elf in EP,and a Nord in AD.None in DC cos I dont like that Faction at all.

You have to have the explorer's pack to play any race in any alliance.. not all have that.
    N64 NA EP
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have to have the explorer's pack to play any race in any alliance.. not all have that.

Well,the only race you cant play without the Plus is the Imperial.P[ay for the Plus and you can play that race.The other races are automatic.I was speaking of some people wanting to play an Elf and think they must play in the AD,when they can play any Faction.
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    Well i think i had the adventure/explorer pack when the game first came out an i think i do have plus now so this is good news if i do. ill have to double check after it finishes installing ...

id show a pic but its not working but on my account page it says i have THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED™ PC/MAC DIGITAL EDITION
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Active - ESO Plus™ Recurring
    Edited by kad01121ub17_ESO on October 26, 2015 1:56AM

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only play Any Race in Any Alliance if you have the pre-order bonus Explorer Pack or the Crown Store Adventurer Pack.
    This is separate from the Imperial Edition bonus, which allows you to play Imperial in any alliance, but not any other race in any alliance. Those who pre-ordered the Imperial Edition will of course have both.

For each alliance, the storyline is the same regardless of race, and once you hit Veteran you are able to play the storylines of the other alliances with the same character.
    Edited by Enodoc on October 26, 2015 4:30PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Plus, I believe, is also a separate bonus. It doesn't include the Explorer/Adventurer Pack or the Imperial Edition bonuses.

From what I can remember off the top of my head:

ESO Plus:
    - Available through subscription only
    - 10% extra gold and experience
    - Crown allotment based on subscription term

Explorer Pack:
    - Available through pre-order or purchase in Crown Store
    - Play any race in any alliance (except Imperial)
    - Pet (scuttler, I believe)

Imperial Edition
    - Purchase Imperial Edition or purchase upgrade in Crown Store
    - Rings of Mara
    - Imperial Horse
    - Play Imperial race in any alliance (other races are still restricted to their respective alliances)
    Edited by ShadowMage on October 26, 2015 4:21PM
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Explorer/Adventurer's Pack is also available through the Crown Store.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    level 11 isn't that far along either, you'd have to replay a bit... but then the story would be all new to you.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }