The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Full Pink

nathan_bri
nathan_bri
✭✭✭✭
Ever since the Imperial City came out, or shortly thereafter, my ESO client seems to want to add a dash of pink to everything. In addition to the pink, I get a series of random sound effects played back-to-back until the client crashes. If I try to report it in-game using /bug, it crashes. If I try to take an in-game screen capture, it crashes. I had to resort to the native Command-Shift-3 screen capture mechanism to grab these.

imgur.com/a/MAhkj

The only thing that seems to get rid of them is completely reinstalling the client. I've tried deleting the cache, running with no add ons, throwing away all user-centric files... nothing else seems to fix it other than reinstalling from scratch. Sadly, the problem comes right back after running the game for the first time, then quitting then running it again.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please verify your disk volume where ESO is installed (usually "Macintosh HD"), using the Disk Utility App in /Applications/Utilities.

Textures displayed in pink are missing or corrupted. If textures are fine after a reinstall, but the problem creeps up again, there might be something amiss with data integrity on your HDD. You could also run Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test, depending on the age of your machine, to check for possible memory failures.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please verify your disk volume where ESO is installed (usually "Macintosh HD"), using the Disk Utility App in /Applications/Utilities.

Textures displayed in pink are missing or corrupted. If textures are fine after a reinstall, but the problem creeps up again, there might be something amiss with data integrity on your HDD. You could also run Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test, depending on the age of your machine, to check for possible memory failures.

I am running a relatively new 2013 Mac Pro (trash can model) with the 1 TB PCIe SSD drive. It verifies as being in good health. The version of the application I have installed on Windows 8.1 via Bootcamp runs fine. It's on the same physical SSD, just on a different partition.

The application is in the correction location on the boot drive, which I always name for the OS version: Yosemite/Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient/eso.app.

Interestingly, I ran a "Repair Permissions" pass as well and the game loaded with no issues into my main character. I did not bounce around to my alts, but that is a at least a promising start.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @nathan_bri !

We're glad to hear that repairing permissions helped so far! Please be sure to let us know if you continue having further problems!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post