The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

SAP Mania - Nightblade Tank Build

• Threyann
    Threyann
    Get the dayum nightblade patched already instead subtilfully threatening with closing the topic. If I am posting all this Is cause ive seen repugnant things like nightblades earning even FIVE TIMES more alliance points than every other class in a single day using the most miserable cheapestd tactics.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    Too bad siphon caltrops doesn't work in 1.7

Caltrops still proc it, tested it on the PTS yesterday.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    Would you consider switching Valkyn for Nerienth set for update 2.1?

Also, are you concerned about Storm Knight set being at V12 and offering lower armor/spell resist (probably 2-3k less) compared to V15/16 sets? Also, how well do you think 5pc Leeching set would work for a more tanky but still DPS-y magicka NB tank? You trade spell damage for healing received, but would gain better armor rating along with the 5pc proc dealing 1204 damage to an enemy every second for 5 seconds, with no cooldown. Black Rose also seems interesting because it provides spell and weapon damage now, on top of resource replenish. Thoughts?
    D3usEX wrote: »
    tragoul70 wrote: »
    Couple of ????
    What gear are you using for SO?
    How the hell do you get 30k health (your SO run) with a 60/2 split?

When I tank Sanctum my gear setup is 5x histbark/5x footman /2x Valkyn or Bloodspawn. Also my attribute points differ from 60/2.

Also, why use Hist Bark when NBs have Mirage? Hist Bark will be less useful after 2.1 since blocking (what trigger dodge chance) also stops your stamina regen.

@ThatNeonZebraAgain the build in it's current state is obsolete ( the gear part at least). I still haven't had the time to update it, it's in my plans but it will happen after I test everything on the live server (sadly because of the lag on PTS I didn't had chance to test properly anything). About Storm Knight Set, I have my hopes that it will be adjusted to v14 minimum. If it doesn't I'll be looking for alternatives, but for sure won't use the Leeching set, it just doesn't look appealing to me =)

Guild:Hodor EP EU
    NB: Enclaver DK: xDeus Victus
    Sorc:Deus Victus Templar:Enclaver X

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you double check?

PS4 NA DC
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭

Can you double check?

I also tested it like a week or two ago just to confirm. Caltrops does proc S.A.

• ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how about that Kagnerac's Hope set's new 5pc bonus to spell damage? It's a double value spell damage compared to 2/3/4pc bonuses, but not as high as Wep damage from Hunding's Rage. Right now for my new NB Magicka Tank, I'm thinking 5pc Footman, 5pc Kagnerac and 2pc Monster set (Malubeth for survivability and small damage, Engine for sustain, or Nerienth for highest damage). Gonna try this out as a starting point while IC sets become more common, then will probably revise.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on September 1, 2015 2:26PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    So how about that Kagnerac's Hope set's new 5pc bonus to spell damage? It's a double value spell damage compared to 2/3/4pc bonuses, but not as high as Wep damage from Hunding's Rage. Right now for my new NB Magicka Tank, I'm thinking 5pc Footman, 5pc Kagnerac and 2pc Monster set (Malubeth for survivability and small damage, Engine for sustain, or Nerienth for highest damage). Gonna try this out as a starting point while IC sets become more common, then will probably revise.

From what I managed to test on pts and now on live, it seems the old setups are still the best. Still I'm gonna keep on testing when I have time and hopefully find the most optimal gear setup :smile:

Btw I made an update to this build:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAghedTLYSc

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this gear wise, or still using the same?
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates on this gear wise, or still using the same?

Still the same, nothing changes with the newest upcoming update. All the new tanking sets are just bs.

• AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Any decent alternative to footmans for the jewellery/2peice (Since footmans is either horribly expensive and/or nearly impossible to get without a good group)

Does stormnight still fill this role decently?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any decent alternative to footmans for the jewellery/2peice (Since footmans is either horribly expensive and/or nearly impossible to get without a good group)

Does stormnight still fill this role decently?

No. Storm Knight is honestly terribad. Leeching Plate is best.
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    leeching plate has no jewelry set pieces. Hence it cannot fill the role as the 2nd full set.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeching plate has no jewelry set pieces. Hence it cannot fill the role as the 2nd full set.

The IC jewelry/weapon sets (Willpower, Endurance, Agility) make good substitutes. For a Magicka NB tank, 3pc V16 Willpower would probably be your best bet. I currently run 3pc Willpower and 2pc Endurance as the weapons/jewelry on my NB magicka tank (5pc Lamae and 2pc Malubeth are rest of my gear, but will probably craft a 5pc Julianos set after Orsinium drops for a more DPS-heavy set).
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on October 26, 2015 3:12PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden