The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SAP Mania - Nightblade Tank Build

D3usEX
D3usEX
✭✭✭
Nightblade tank build for Dungeons and Arena (trials too if enough CP, great for self sustainability ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly9DhkmnbsU
Edited by D3usEX on July 20, 2015 2:58AM
Guild:Hodor EP EU
NB: Enclaver DK: xDeus Victus
Sorc:Deus Victus Templar:Enclaver X

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moral of the story: If you want Champion Points, play PvE.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting build... Wish I had that much CP lol
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very close to my NB tank build, which started as a side project to my DPS. It is very active build having decent DPS and healing too, and much fun to play. I just split this build to second NB, and i guess i must now grind PvP for caltrops, meh...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that the olden NB magicka tanks are coming back.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 31, 2015 3:21AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    This is very close to my NB tank build, which started as a side project to my DPS. It is very active build having decent DPS and healing too, and much fun to play. I just split this build to second NB, and i guess i must now grind PvP for caltrops, meh...

Grinding for caltrops isn't hard, you just need like 1.04mil AP from alliance rank 0 to 12. And you are totally right, it is really fun to play such type of tank. Else if you play defensive(passive) tank you could die from boredom xD

Edited by D3usEX on June 1, 2015 2:37PM

• tragoul70
    tragoul70
    Couple of ????
    What gear are you using for SO?
    How the hell do you get 30k health (your SO run) with a 60/2 split?
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    tragoul70 wrote: »
    Couple of ????

When I tank Sanctum my gear setup is 5x histbark/5x footman /2x Valkyn or Bloodspawn. Also my attribute points differ from 60/2.

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top stuff and would like to make my nb a tank but already have a tank alt.

Btw, what is the first tune in the video?
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭

Having more than one tank char doesn't hurt :smile:

The music in the video is: Ed Sheeran - I See Fire (Kygo Remix)

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3usEX wrote: »

Having more than one tank char doesn't hurt :smile:

The music in the video is: Ed Sheeran - I See Fire (Kygo Remix)

Yeah, true, but im a dps at heart ^^.

And thanks it's a really cool tune
  • tragoul70
    tragoul70
    Couple of ????

When I tank Sanctum my gear setup is 5x histbark/5x footman /2x Valkyn or Bloodspawn. Also my attribute points differ from 60/2.

thx m8 for the clarification
    thought u must have been respeccing for SO runs but also tried to work out what I may have missed :)
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this same idea I tried out on my NB sap tank except I use malubeths two piece and it works out fairly well for me, do you notice a significant difference in dps with using valkyns? Sadly, I cant get another helmet to drop for my nb. @D3usEX
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    I had this same idea I tried out on my NB sap tank except I use malubeths two piece and it works out fairly well for me, do you notice a significant difference in dps with using valkyns? Sadly, I cant get another helmet to drop for my nb. @D3usEX

The dps from Valkyn for me is always between 800 to 2k. It is definitely worth it.

• Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill have to get myself another set for my nb then thanks
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    Posting these 2 vids to show in action what can be achieved with this build. (When update 7 hits I'll post vids from Vet.DSA (SOLO) featuring this build).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIe5_-HCjuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCxmfTRxd8

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great videos, thanks for sharing. I have visited DSA as solo once and got to Wood Elf stage, where i got killed by stamina drain. I definitely need to revisit it.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Great videos, thanks for sharing. I have visited DSA as solo once and got to Wood Elf stage, where i got killed by stamina drain. I definitely need to revisit it.

From what I noticed at stage 6 even when I was getting the arrow (in the knee) it wasn't any problem, siphoning strikes were keeping my stats always up.

• ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you consider switching Valkyn for Nerienth set for update 2.1?

Also, are you concerned about Storm Knight set being at V12 and offering lower armor/spell resist (probably 2-3k less) compared to V15/16 sets? Also, how well do you think 5pc Leeching set would work for a more tanky but still DPS-y magicka NB tank? You trade spell damage for healing received, but would gain better armor rating along with the 5pc proc dealing 1204 damage to an enemy every second for 5 seconds, with no cooldown. Black Rose also seems interesting because it provides spell and weapon damage now, on top of resource replenish. Thoughts?
    Couple of ????

Also, why use Hist Bark when NBs have Mirage? Hist Bark will be less useful after 2.1 since blocking (what trigger dodge chance) also stops your stamina regen.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on August 27, 2015 8:10PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    I hope every stupid that keeps feeding the grandiosity of nightblades enjoy getting their telvar stones robbed miserably robbed by those repugnant immortal invented by zenimax unfairly overpowered disgusting creatures. Nightblade this, nightblade that, and no one even takes a second to complain about a repulsive class that already invaded every pvp srrver, cause obviously everyone loves to be superior than the rest. Nightblade is the most *** invention ever, rogues with no weaknesses, the weakest class in every other franchise that haves a clue of how editing them, fighting templars, dragon knights, even overpowered wizards would be fair, compared with facing those misrable stunning machines with endless chances of vanishing infront of our faces and strike inmediately after with the hugest critical ever, since when can someone hide with a stupid rogue that'd be useful to open chests and secret doors in every other rpg franchise, kill even tanks and even build their own sort of them, based on rogues. I will claim it freely, every dlc based on pvp will be impossible thanks to the ones on zenimax responsible of creating such nonsense.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threyann wrote: »
    I hope every stupid that keeps feeding the grandiosity of nightblades enjoy getting their telvar stones robbed miserably robbed by those repugnant immortal invented by zenimax unfairly overpowered disgusting creatures. Nightblade this, nightblade that, and no one even takes a second to complain about a repulsive class that already invaded every pvp srrver, cause obviously everyone loves to be superior than the rest. Nightblade is the most *** invention ever, rogues with no weaknesses, the weakest class in every other franchise that haves a clue of how editing them, fighting templars, dragon knights, even overpowered wizards would be fair, compared with facing those misrable stunning machines with endless chances of vanishing infront of our faces and strike inmediately after with the hugest critical ever, since when can someone hide with a stupid rogue that'd be useful to open chests and secret doors in every other rpg franchise, kill even tanks and even build their own sort of them, based on rogues. I will claim it freely, every dlc based on pvp will be impossible thanks to the ones on zenimax responsible of creating such nonsense.

Shhhh there there, everything's going to be okay, just calm down.

But seriously, I've been playing a NB tank since 5-day early access of PC launch. Every class can pull off seemingly OP stuff, not just NBs. Maybe you should actually try playing the PTS before spouting crazy nonsense, and learn the numerous ways to counter common NB tactics.

Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    There there what the hell, man? You and the rest of stupids that want to kill everyone all day long have ruined pvp, and dont even get coky with me without checking my statements, rogues are sinply the weakest crap on every game with a bit of sense.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Nightblades and their repugnant unfair skills get more everything than every other class, get your mockery and take it somewhere else "there there" what the hell?? Go play wow and learn about rogues as it desrrves, or guild wars, or every other rpg alreary repeased that knows how to make ballanced classes, there there smh stupid kid.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Pc gamers should have stayed on pc, we got super emperors that based their strategy on paying ten bucks and port characters already hyper buffed. I liked eso at first til I realized the huge favoritism to some classes and mostly to pc players that is based on.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    We got a live one
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the player's or a particular class's fault that ZOS implemented poorly designed mechanics and took half a year to fix imbalances, exploits, and bugs (in fact, console launch was pretty much the sole reason for this delay). Magicka builds and Dragonknights (and Vampires) dominated this game from launch until last winter pretty much, and things are shifting again with 2.1/IC. There is never perfect balance in MMOs, it's always changing.

ESO differs from the other games you cite in that it (ideally) allows flexibility of roles and playstyles outside of traditional archetypes. This is one of the founding principles of the game, and if you have a problem with that then maybe this game isn't for you. And for the record, I played rogues extensively in DAoC. I rolled an Argonian NB specifically to push the limits of the class as a tank, and it has been a very fun challenge. This is not the same build people would use in PvP at all, though some ideas may be useful after the next update.

Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Excuse me for showing some common sense, Mr eso lamb.
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad siphon caltrops doesn't work in 1.7
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    Too bad siphon caltrops doesn't work in 1.7

Sap Essence still procs it though, which is good at least.
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
  • ZOS_Kelly
    Hello everyone!!

We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios

Staff Post