Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for A Million Reasons to Play

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Elder Scrolls Online – A Million Reasons to Play. What are some of your reasons for playing ESO? We'd love to hear them!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    I love the world design. The best of any MMORPG out there IMO.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The open skill system, also the combat is awesome. But mostly the skill system. It's really become quite an obsession of mine to constantly craft theories.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one likes to go fishing, eat fishy sticks, celebrate fishmas, drink heartily in The Rosy Lion, dance until she can dance no more, nap heartily wherever this one falls, dream of yarn, wake up wondering where her hat is and what all those woolly threads are and do all those things and more with her lovely guildmates in the best guild in Tamriel (The Imperial Trading Company - PC, EU).

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

(pssst - can this one have the fishies she was promised now please?)
    Edited by SantieClaws on October 26, 2015 3:06PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    The good ole traditional Elder Scrolls game style of be anything (with the exceptions of classes).

Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Playing with friends, the world, the atmosphere of wartime, battling in cyrodil, the many achievements, perfecting our teamwork in dungeons, tinkering with the many varieties of builds.

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    The combat system is amazing,
    The world design including dungeons is beatiful.
    The graphics are amazing on PC
    Even though it has its problems at the moment, open world pvp is an awesome concept.
    Pvp requires skill and is not just senseless button smashing (unless you roll with zergs all time)
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder scrolls story, lore and atmosphere. Its what keep me going :)
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    The good ole traditional Elder Scrolls game style of be anything (with the exceptions of classes).

Up until Skyrim there were classes... smh.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly i can not think of one at the moment

I love the graphics and the world design. But the PvE is boring and PvP is mostly one sided when i log on. I haven't logged into the game now for 5 days and still look for the reason to log in and play again.

If there was one reason i could give, it is the massive PvP with 3 alliances battling for dominance. But the zergs, lag and lack of PvP where one faction always controls the map ruins it for me.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Srjon
    Srjon
    ✭✭
    So where are the Sweetrolls and Ale.
    I log in every day and play, Since Dec' 2014, I like doing Quest's and adventuring not so much into PVP.
    I find it hard to do some of the achievements like killing the the same thing over and over again and still no Daedroth eye.
    But as a MMORPG I find it much better than WOW, It as everything large maps plenty of Lore lot's of people who are willing to
    help others.
    Over all its a very good game to play great place to make new friends and be part of the many good in-game guilds as I am with Imperial trading company.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love to spend time in Upper Craglorn. The artwork, sound, and world design are awesome and sometimes I just ride my horse down the trails and enjoy the scenery while listening to the hooves striking the ground. I don't have to be killing monsters or fighting enemies, just being there by the streams and waterfalls between the mountains is wonderful. I can almost feel the cool mountain air. There are a lot of beautiful places in the game, but Upper Craglorn is the best.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Oberon45
    Oberon45
    ✭✭✭
    Laughing with your new, guild fishing buddies from a different faction at how silly people are for wasting their time fighting in Cyrodiil when there are so holes to fish.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replayability. It scratches my altoholic itch just right.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

Shows how much was understood of what I said and what "classes" actually meant in past ES games.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is bloody sexy to look at.

The hope that eventually you will get it right with class balance and PvP....... Nerfing is not the answer.

Sort it out.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Replayability. It scratches my altoholic itch just right.

I couldn't agree more with this one. When I first started playing ESO, considering how long it could take to hit max level, I didn't think leveling an Alt would be a thing for me. Boy was I wrong...

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    The open skill system, also the combat is awesome. But mostly the skill system. It's really become quite an obsession of mine to constantly craft theories.
    Winterpsy wrote: »
    Playing with friends, the world, the atmosphere of wartime, battling in cyrodil, the many achievements, perfecting our teamwork in dungeons, tinkering with the many varieties of builds.
    juan0316 wrote: »
    The combat system is amazing,
    The world design including dungeons is beatiful.
    The graphics are amazing on PC
    Even though it has its problems at the moment, open world pvp is an awesome concept.
    Pvp requires skill and is not just senseless button smashing (unless you roll with zergs all time)
    kongkim wrote: »
    The Elder scrolls story, lore and atmosphere. Its what keep me going :)

All of these !
    Especially the bolded parts.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its in the Scrolls Universe, nuff said.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Its in the Scrolls Universe, nuff said.

It's the best MMO set in the Scrolls universe...
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online. Well, I love how beautiful this game is, the environments, the cities and everything. It is just wonderful. I enjoy the combat that this game offer, engaging. You are constantly need to stay alert. Avoiding red circle and blocking the heavy attack. Questing in this game is just amazing! Amazing! From escaping Coldharbour to facing The God of Scheme himself. Though, I'm still not a fan of Cadwell silver and gold. Voice acting! Voice acting is very well done in ESO especially Cadwell, I just love that guy so much! Oh! I have friend and guild members who is just amazing to play with.

Lastly, as long as this game is enjoyable, I don't need million reason to play and for me, it is enjoyable!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Em1X
    Em1X
    1. It's fully voiced (I've been spoiled)
    2. Immersion, minimalist UI
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Aside from arena, and unique skills in daggerfall, it would be far more acurate to call those 'templates'
    Edited by Shunravi on October 26, 2015 9:17PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMO in first person with a relatively freeform skill system... yep that's why I still play.
  • Runicus
    I wish I could see those million things to do unfortunately I'm one of those with very, atrociously long load screens and an FPS problem that is apparently linked to latency. My potent Alienware machine sometimes drops to 9 FPS in cities and the server seems to add 100s of millisecond to the normal ping of 70-80 I get from test on servers in Texas. The same machine was running the same game at 50-60 before patch.

When it takes over a minute just for the character selection screen and then 3 minutes every time you change zone the game suddenly doesn't look that compelling. I don't mind too much having paid for the Imperial edition but I do mind that I pre-paid a sub and can't play.

I love this game, just wish ZOS would let me play it.
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    24v5o3s.png

Obviously -.-
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    My reasons to play ESO?

Well, you're part of Tamriel, of course! You're walking the same ground you did in TES V: Skyrim.... 1000 years before it! Last Dragonborn, Veezara, Brynjolf, General Tullius, and many other characters' ancestors are here now! Who knows, maybe you spoke to Veezara's or Tullius' grand grand grandfather during your adventures in ESO. In ESO you get to experience the world before one you played in. You see how it looked before, how people thought before.
    You get to experience past - like using a time machine.
    Edited by Xinz'r on October 28, 2015 8:35PM
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    TES universe ...the only reason needed.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Skyrim and ESO is even much better than Skyrim!!
  • Koe
    Koe
    Soul Shriven
    After a long night of defending my alliance scrolls, venturing back to the homeland and watching the sunrise and the shadows of trees and mountains moving across the land as the Sun makes it's way over Tamriel. No other game has captured my adventurous heart and soul and in the process made this universe available 24/7. Thank you ESO !
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koe wrote: »
    After a long night of defending my alliance scrolls, venturing back to the homeland and watching the sunrise and the shadows of trees and mountains moving across the land as the Sun makes it's way over Tamriel. No other game has captured my adventurous heart and soul and in the process made this universe available 24/7. Thank you ESO !

exactly!!

I can simply say, "because it is the best game ever" :)!!!!!