Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kiosk bid info bugged or not? Which is it?

Alphashado
Alphashado
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why can any guild member (regardless of rank) see the sucsessfull bid amount for kiosks?

Why can they only see it for a few hours after the bids are processed?

Isn't this info supposed to be secret? If it isn't secret, then why can they only see it for a few hours after bids are processed?

For example, I could see how much one of my trading guilds (where I do not have any rank permissions) paid for their kiosk this morning right after server reset by simply looking at guild history/hired trader. However, when I look at it now, it's blank. It will remain blank for the rest of the week. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? If so, then why could I see this info right after the bids flipped?

Any guild member can look under the "Hired Trader" filter in the guild history and see that "such and such" trader was purchased for "such and such" an amount. However, this can only be seen for a few hours, then the info is blocked?

Shouldn't it ALWAYS be blocked unless you have rank permissions to see it? It defeats the purpose of a blind bid system when any spy (yes they DO exist) can simply tell their friends how much a guild is bidding by being logged in right after the bids process. People are joining trading guilds they are competing with just to get their hands on this info

Please fix this. If you can't see this info for the rest of the week, there is NO REASON you should be able to see it during the few hours following the bid process. (8:00 am EST)
Edited by Alphashado on October 19, 2015 10:21PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could I at least get an official response explaining to us if this is a bug or by design? If it's by design, then why are guild rank permissions bypassed for a few hours only?

It doesn't make any sense. Either rank permissions block this info, or they do not. You shouldn't be able to see it for 2 hours after the bids process and then NOT be able to see it for the rest of the week.

It should be blocked 100% of the time unless you have permission to see it. But if for some reason ZOS wants everyone to see this sensitive info regardless of guild rank and permission, then tell us it's by design and not a bug.

If it's a bug, then please address it.

Either way, please say SOMETHING. This issue has been brought up many times and it never gets a response.

Or at least redirect this thread to the appropriate forum so that it can be reviewed by the appropriate personal.
    Edited by Alphashado on October 20, 2015 2:44PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no response huh?

Would be nice if SOMEONE at ZOS would at least acknowledge this issue.

Edited by Alphashado on October 22, 2015 5:29PM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello @Alphashado !

With suggestions for in-game functions like the guild kiosks, submitting a /feedback ticket is the fastest and easiest way to get suggestions and feedback to our developers.

At this time, we unfortunately don't have clarifying information to provide, but with suggestions for improvements a /feedback submission will get your information in front of the right people!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    This is a major issue that needs to be addressed, and not throught a /feedback

expecially when other threads are getting full attention of their even foolish requests of "auction horses" and text chat boxes on console...

this needed to be addressed DAY ONE...

its NO ONE business what we bid on traders. Its a screwed up system.

Why do you call it a BLIND bid, if people get to see what was bid at the end.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hello @Alphashado !

With suggestions for in-game functions like the guild kiosks, submitting a /feedback ticket is the fastest and easiest way to get suggestions and feedback to our developers.

At this time, we unfortunately don't have clarifying information to provide, but with suggestions for improvements a /feedback submission will get your information in front of the right people!

Thank you for the response @ZOS_MollyH but... /sigh.
    Edited by Alphashado on October 22, 2015 11:14PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i3ig_Gun wrote: »
    This is a major issue that needs to be addressed, and not throught a /feedback

expecially when other threads are getting full attention of their even foolish requests of "auction horses" and text chat boxes on console...

this needed to be addressed DAY ONE...

its NO ONE business what we bid on traders. Its a screwed up system.

Why do you call it a BLIND bid, if people get to see what was bid at the end.

Exactly. This issue has never been screamed about by thousands of vocal players because only a small % of players care. The only people that care about this issue are the Trade Guild GMs and officers that have to deal with this blunder/bug/bad design.

Yet it effects everyone. It effects people that are counting on their GMs to get them a good Kiosk each week. It is a MAJOR behind-the-scenes issue that needs to be addressed.

/feedback gets sent into a pool of diluted suggestions that may or may not EVER get passed along to the appropriate person.

I have submitted /bug reports on this already. Other GMs have posted threads on the forums about it, and I'll wager they have also submitted /bug /feedback tickets, but I suspect the issue doesn't get the appropriate attention because there aren't thousands of angry people screaming about it.

If it's a bug, then it's a terrible bug and it needs to be fixed asap.
    If it's by design then it's questionable design and it needs to be changed asap.

Edited by Alphashado on October 23, 2015 5:09AM
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpha is 100% correct. This is a terrible bug or awful design, one or the other. Whatever the reason it needs to be fixed. I've submitted reports about this multiple times in the past and never even got a reply from them.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.