Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost my character when I reinstalled the game

Robbycut
Robbycut
Soul Shriven
Hello

So I recently reinstalled my game because it gave me an error. When I tried to get back on the game I had to restart since my character is GONE. Anything I can do about this? I messaged the support but they didn't seem to answer.

Thank you.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of your characters are stored on the megaserver, so it's impossible to lose it by something you did on your end. My guess is you chose a different server or something, like NA instead of EU, or EU instead of NA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reinstalling your game should do nothing to the characters you have because as mentioned they aren't stored on your computer. Countless people have either installed on a new computer, played on a friend's computer or reinstalled and their characters are still fine.

Now it's entirely possible your character has suffered an accidental delete through some bug and it's worth looking into but I'd suggest checking the more likely scenario which Alucardo has mentioned which is you may have selected a different server.

Also note that if you've created a new account to go along with the fresh reinstall then your characters would not be associated with the new account.
  • Stigma311
    Stigma311
    Yeah I agree with both of them . Your character is strictly store on the server . If you have no character on that server try switching from that
  • Robbycut
    Robbycut
    Soul Shriven
    I might have switched from NA to EU. Anyway, doesn't matter anymore I started over with a few friends, was only level 7 anyway. Thanks for the replies!