Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirnhoned

Mait3rz
Mait3rz
✭✭
So after looking online it seems you can only get 1 Nirnhoned item per character? The rest of the items you have to trade with other players to learn the traits? Is this correct?
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can get an item at the end of the Upper Raidlorn quest. But since nirnhoned item can not be dropped in the world, yes you have to trade.
    You can either buy the items in Guild Stores, or ask for someone to craft you one. If you provide the Nirncrux, some people even craft it for free. Some ask for a tip.
    Edited by Usara on October 21, 2015 12:24PM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usara wrote: »
    Yes, you can get an item at the end of the Upper Raidlorn quest. But since nirnhoned item can not be dropped in the world, yes you have to trade.
    You can either buy the items in Guild Stores, or ask for someone to craft you one. If you provide the Nirncrux, some people even craft it for free. Some ask for a tip.

Even if you aren't asked for a tip, be considerate and give one. Though prices for nirncrux have dropped dramatically since the IC patch, many crafters who learned all the traits did so at considerable expense in time and gold. They had to find or buy nirncrux and someone who knew a trait to craft the item, and this was not usually free. Or they had to find and buy the crafted items in guild stores, definitely never free. Your nirnhone crafter deserves a generous tip for blazing the trail so you can learn the traits yourself.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently looking for a Nirnhoned crafter. ( PC, N/A, DC )

I got almost all med/light armor complete. I think I am going to have a hard time finding items for heavy armor/weapons and wood.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I got almost all med/light armor complete. I think I am going to have a hard time finding items for heavy armor/weapons and wood.

@vamp_emily
    @Maester.White for all your nirnhoned needs B) Or send a message through the forum.
    Edited by Ourorboros on October 21, 2015 3:12PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Even if you aren't asked for a tip, be considerate and give one. Though prices for nirncrux have dropped dramatically since the IC patch, many crafters who learned all the traits did so at considerable expense in time and gold. They had to find or buy nirncrux and someone who knew a trait to craft the item, and this was not usually free. Or they had to find and buy the crafted items in guild stores, definitely never free. Your nirnhone crafter deserves a generous tip for blazing the trail so you can learn the traits yourself.

I know, I have all the traits. And I have had for months now. I know I don't ask for a tip anymore if I am being given the nirncrux. But looks like it's just me.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I have all the traits. And I have had for months now. I know I don't ask for a tip anymore if I am being given the nirncrux. But looks like it's just me.

@Usara, I have to ask this question, why would you not charge for your service?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ping me ingame, I have nirn sword, fire staff, and shield
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭

@Usara, I have to ask this question, why would you not charge for your service?

Like I said, I did spend gold to buy all the items but it was some months ago. I think we are past the time to overcharge for just clicking on a crafting table. If I have to move to a specific table, yeah, it takes time (especially if there's a loading screen involved).
    But if I am in town and I am given the mats, I really don't see why I should charge for it.

Edit : I precise that I am on PC. Since on console, they still are in the long process of learning the trait, yeah, I would totally understand the charge :)
    Edited by Usara on October 22, 2015 4:41PM