Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help getting through vetren ranks.

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
I'm vet 3 and its taking ages to level up. its made me start to lose motivation for the game. Is there a quick way to get vet 16
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when I was leveling up, I needed 150k more xp each veteran rank, quests gave half the xp, there was no such things as xp boost and I did not earn champion points while doing it.

just saying.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on October 21, 2015 3:55PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean other than doing quests? Questing with some grinding will get you there. Even completing quests in the leveling zones will give you exp towards VR Ranks.

Google ESO Leveling 1 to 50 for the Grind Spots in each zone. Find those places in third zone of Caldwells Silver instance (where the VR3 mobs are) and go grind mobs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when I was leveling up, I needed 250k more xp each veteran rank, quests gave half the xp, there was no such things as xp boost and I did not earn champion points while doing it.

just saying.

and you had to do it all knee deep in the snow, but tell that to the kids today... ;)

It's still a lengthy achievement to reach max rank, and every time you get close they raise the bar :P

I would suggest to OP to start buying/making xp pots, it really (really really) boosts the levelling speed, and if you can find it in you, find a good grind spot. Fully xp boosted players will grind a vet level in an hour. That being said I could never grind, just don't have it in me, which is why my highest level alt is vr8 and my main is still lingering on vr15 (my own fault though).
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm vet 3 and its taking ages to level up. its made me start to lose motivation for the game. Is there a quick way to get vet 16
    Several options:
    -Buy a scroll from the Crown store which boosts exp by 50% for two hours.
    -Craft armor which increases exp gains for exploration. This adds up pretty quick. Be sure to do all 7 pieces. The exp stacks.
    -Kill anything that moves.
    -Dungeons, dungeons, dungeons.

But my best advice: stop focusing on leveling and enjoy the game. If you rush to get to VR16, what in the world do you think is going to happen when you hit the cap? If you're getting burned out, reduce the play time or take a breather.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aaron_campion - Here is what i do coz i hate grinding and i hate doing the vr1 - vr14 zones,

I go to Cyrodiil and do the daily quests in Bruma and Cheydinhal,
    This way i level 1 VR level every 2 - 3 days..

i only play in the afternoons after work and am currenlty leveling 3 characters this way,
    VR14 - NB Stamina, VR13 Templar Magicka and a VR5 DK Magicka...

It is the best way for me.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)