The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Lags in the application of skills (without add-ons)

LAVREZ
LAVREZ
Soul Shriven
I completely removed the entire folder Elder Scrolls Online is located at C: \ Users \ [USERNAME] \ My Documents \ Elder Scrolls Online

Then I started the game and filmed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_b06q3RTw

These lags with all the skills in the game continued from the start of the game. These lags are constantly taking place when I am in combat mode with all the mobs in the game!

The question is addressed to the developers of the game:

How long this mess will go on?

Edited by LAVREZ on September 30, 2015 7:50PM
  • LAVREZ
    LAVREZ
    Soul Shriven
    Del
    Edited by LAVREZ on September 28, 2015 5:29AM
  • LAVREZ
    LAVREZ
    Soul Shriven
    Del
    Edited by LAVREZ on September 28, 2015 5:29AM
  • LAVREZ
    LAVREZ
    Soul Shriven
    Del
    Edited by LAVREZ on September 28, 2015 5:30AM
  • LAVREZ
    LAVREZ
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by LAVREZ on September 27, 2015 8:44PM
  • LAVREZ
    LAVREZ
    Soul Shriven
    ESO Lags in the application of skills (with add-ons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws57zY5BBRo
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAVREZ wrote: »
    These lags with all the skills in the game continued from the start of the game. How long this mess will go on?

You have 'prevent attacking innocents' enabled in your game options. Your skill does not activate because you are hitting the button while targetting a neutral NPC.
    Edited by Sharee on September 28, 2015 5:48AM
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    These lags with all the skills in the game continued from the start of the game. How long this mess will go on?

You have 'prevent attacking innocents' enabled in your game options. Your skill does not activate because you are hitting the button while targetting a neutral NPC.

To me it seems that it is NOT enabled since you can see the NPC's healthbar (I know that since I have it enabled and I never see the bars).
    But doesn't matter in this case since you can use Impulse (and morphs) anywhere without targeting something. But in the video you can see he hits the button constantly but it doesn't do anything most of the time.
    Btw, I'm having the same issue atm, albeit the delay is not that huge like in the video. Though, hitting the button like crazy during combat because the game doesn't spit it out sounds too familiar..
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But doesn't matter in this case since you can use Impulse (and morphs) anywhere without targeting something. But in the video you can see he hits the button constantly but it doesn't do anything most of the time.

Watch the video closely. He is hammering the button with nothing happening while he is facing a NPC. As soon as he looks away, the ability suddenly works.

If you don't believe me try it out. Enable the 'prevent attacking innocents' then try using abilities while targeting a town NPC.

You won't be able to use certain abilities, even some that don't make sense to be disabled, like shadow cloak or retreating maneuver. Disable the setting, and now they work.
    Edited by Sharee on September 28, 2015 2:10PM
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch the video closely. He is hammering the button with nothing happening while he is facing a NPC. As soon as he looks away, the ability suddenly works.

If you don't believe me try it out. Enable the 'prevent attacking innocents' then try using abilities while targeting a town NPC.

You won't be able to use certain abilities, even some that don't make sense to be disabled, like shadow cloak or retreating maneuver. Disable the setting, and now they work.

Now I get what you mean, I guess you're right.
    But it doesn't change the fact that even without these NPCs around but "real" enemies, the skills often don't work. I have the "prevent attacking innocents" always enabled, though.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having a similar problem.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220939/one-hand-shield-and-two-hand-charge-abilities-charge-at-walking-speed#

My shield charge and two hand charge abilities have recently become unresponsive. My bolt escapes also have a slight delay similar to what you are experiencing.

My ping is good 8ms so I dont know what is wrong.

You should test your ping with speedtest.net
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭

What if I'm at... lets say vCoA, fighting Skoria, and I cant do abilities, even though I have resources? Should I ask Skoria to kindly drop his helm, since he is "friendly"??

Nope... I've been feeling this issue just the same while in dungeons, and so do my guild mates. Sometimes, even though you have resources, you cant just use abilities... either hammering or not...

Edited by Hyperplexed on October 3, 2015 8:51PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if I'm at... lets say vCoA, fighting Skoria, and I cant do abilities, even though I have resources? Should I ask Skoria to kindly drop his helm, since he is "friendly"??

Nope... I've been feeling this issue just the same while in dungeons, and so do my guild mates. Sometimes, even though you have resources, you cant just use abilities... either hammering or not...

I have no idea what is happening to you inside a dungeon, but i *do* know what is happening in the video posted in the OP - he is targeting an NPC protected by the 'do not attack innocents' switch. It is easily reproducible.

What is shown on this particular video is definitely not the same issue you may have experienced in a dungeon, unless there is a mob inside mistakenly flagged as town NPC. Again, easily checked - disable the protection switch, if issue goes away, then that's it(but i don't believe this is your problem, more likely just lag)
    Edited by Sharee on October 3, 2015 10:01PM
  • LAVREZ
    LAVREZ
    Soul Shriven
    These lags are constantly taking place when I am in combat mode with all the mobs in the game!