Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Tank recent builds and guilds

Schweibreezy
Want to see people's different sorc tank builds to see if I can improve mine. Currently I'm sword and board vr15 using 5 piece whitestrake, 5 piece footman with master sword. About 29k health, 20k stamina, 14k magicka with food buffs active and bound armaments up. Only thing I feel like I really need is vigor for more self heal then what dark deal gives me. Also looking for some good guilds to join so I can actually complete the trials and stuff that requires more than the 3 man group I roll with.(me and 2 friends).
  • Schweibreezy
    Here is my build in some detail.

Race: I would use something stamina based. Imperial, redguard, wood elf. Something like that.

Armor: As stated in the post I use 5 whitestrake for that shield but a lot of people use hist bark instead. both are good in my opinion. I also use 5 footman which I get from getting the necklace and rings. Everything is stamina enchanted and the accessories are enchanted with feature cost reduction.

Weapons: My first bar I Use the master sword for heals with puncture and just any shield. You could use a crafted weapon set or endurance/agility set but I'm no perfectionist so I don't grind for them. They would be ideal though. Second bar can really be any weapon. I still use a sword and shield to keep my armor up and just use it as my execute bar and heal bar when I get vigor unlocked.(hate doing pvp since I'm not part of a guild)

Stats: everything into health

Abilities 1st bar: Sword and Shield
    Puncture(pierce armor)
    Dark Exchange(dark deal)
    Shield Charge(shielded Assault) or Defensive Posture(Absorb Magic)
    Lightning Form(thundering presence)
    Bound Armor(Bound Armaments)

Abilities 2nd bar: Bow currently, change it all the time though.
    Acid Spray
    Mages Wrath
    Vigor(when I get it), Using Encase at the moment
    Thundering Presence
    Bound Armaments

Champion Points:

I change this up a decent amount too but I basically dump all into block skills and stamina regen. Test it out and see what works best for you.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna test Armor Master in Light Armor with both Dampen Magicka and Hardened ward, just to see how effective that is.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I don't play a sorc tank, so I can't help there...However, you should check out the guild recruitment section of the forums to find a good guild for you and your friends to join (if you haven't already). If you go back to the forum home page and scroll all the way down, the guild recruitment sections are broken up by platform & server. Good luck!
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a great pvp tank build coming but have to make a video. Stay tuned ^_^
    Tome of Alteration Magic I - Reality is an Ancient Dwemer Construct: Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps

Tome of Alteration Magic II - The Manual of the Deceiver: A Beginner's Guide to Thieving
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462509/tome-of-alteration-mastery-ii-the-decievers-manual-thieving-guide-for-new-characters

Ultrawide ESO Adventure Screenshots - 7680 x 1080 Resolution
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505262/adventures-in-ultra-ultrawide-an-ongoing-series
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a breton Sorc magicka tank. Been tanking the new vet dungeons with *almost* no issue.

40 pts in Health, 24 in Magicka. 3 stats food buff.
    Set 5P Seducer, 5P Footman, 2P Engine Guardian (Mace and shield in both hands)
    Reinforced Chest, Legs and Shield, rest Infused, all glyphed in Magicka. The three jewels in Reduce block cost enchant.
    The Lady for the Mundus Boon.
    100 Red CP in Block Expertise, 12 in Heavy Armor Focus, rest in Bastion.
    100 Green CP in Magician, 10 in Tumbling, rest in Arcanist.
    100 Blue CP in Elemental Expert, 30 in Blade/Staff/Heavy Weapon whatever, 1 in Spell Erosion, rest in Elfborn.

(25k HP, 25k Magicka, 18k Stamina, 31k+ in Spell res and Armor - with food and buffs)

Bar 1 : Pierce-Amor, Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Defensive Stance, Bound Armaments, Negate.
    Bar 2 : Inner Fire (unmorphed), Mystic Orb if my healer don't have it or Restraining Prison or Mage Fury, Dark Deal, Boundless Storm, Bound Armaments, Aggressive Horn.

Always use Pierce-Armor above anything else : the debuff is a must-have for the DDs. Inner fire is only for when you can't move/have to taunt from a distance.
    I stack my shields, and spam my Mage Fury when I have it to help the DPS (I'm usually around 3k dps, yeah 8-) )
    I usually use the Horn, unless I want to stun a pack, remove unwanted removable zones, things like that... with the Negate.

So when I say, *almost* no issue it's for a simple reason : the stamina. Dark deals does return stamina but it gets you out of block, so it's a no-go on most bosses.
    So if your healer doesn't run with Repentance and/or Spear Shards, yes, it gets a bit difficult, you really have to time your Dark Deal and keep your stamina pots ready.
    But if your templar heal knows his job, I found it really more fun and even easier as a Sorc magicka tank than a DK magicka tank in IC vet dungeons.

Edited by Usara on October 19, 2015 12:20AM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you play a magicka tank? Do you have trouble blocking? I ask because I have a vet16 sorc and I really don't enjoy playing her as magic dps, and spent a fortune today changing her to a stamina build, but I still hate it (doesn't help that I don't have all of the weapon passives yet either!) So I was thinking of perhaps going down the tank route with her, but no idea how to go about it, as I have only ever played a DK stamina tank... She was my first character and I only use her for crafting, I would be so happy if I could make her a bit more useful! :disappointed:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    No trouble blocking no, but I do have 100 in Block expertise and 3 gold enchant Reduce cost block on the jewels.

And like I said, on bosses that hit really fast - like in the Prison the Overfiend (1st), or if you have Zombies on you while tanking the Flesh Abomination (4th), the shades phase of the Warden (last), yep, it's wearing a bit on my stamina pool. But the 4th and last, I have time to place a Dark Deal. On the Overfiend, no way to use it. So, I rely on my templar healer to repent the adds, or send me shards, or well.... my pots (and my dwemer pet) if the healer doesn't do the job ^^
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Schweibreezy
    @SadieJoan , my build is built around being a stamina sorc. I run with a group of 3 (myself and 2 buddies) and i never have a problem with any of the dungeons on normal or vet(except tower/prison) or with DSA. Havent done it on Vet yet cause we dont have a 4th to do it with us so i cant say anything there but i never have a problem with blocking for my stamina sorc. I also help out a decent amount by doing 5k+ dps and this build isnt even fully optimized yet. Stamina Sorc tank is my favorite build so far in this game. I have a templar tank as well but it just isnt as fun.
    Edited by Schweibreezy on October 19, 2015 12:58PM
  • Schweibreezy
    Thanks everyone for the comments/builds. @Cathexis I look forward to seeing that video. PvP is really the one side im lacking a bit on.
    Edited by Schweibreezy on October 19, 2015 12:57PM