Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How big is your ESO folder?

Moelbach
Moelbach
Soul Shriven
I'm experiencing this issue where the ESO launcher keeps telling me to repair my game, and whenever I attempt to do so it starts to download a 30gb patch. As this isn't the first time this has happened, I went to check my ESO folder to see if there was an obvious reason as to why it might be doing this and realised that the folder is taking up 74gb. Is this normal?
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Mine takes 42 Gb, no dlcs.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine is full of disappointment and broken dreams.
    Wololo.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Mine is full of disappointment and broken dreams.
    And what size would they be? :P

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is currently sitting at 41.9 GB.

I have the Imperial City DLC, but that shouldn't make a difference to file size because even if you don't purchase DLC access, you still end up downloading all of the components for it.

I'm not sure what error message you are getting when it asks you to repair -- there is a common one on PC that occurs after a new patch where the game tells you that you need to repair, but you really don't. If this occurs you can close out of the launcher and restart ESO and the launcher will open as normal with the "play button" visible (sometimes this takes a few tries in a row). When this happens to me, the problem lasts until the next patch...But I never actually have to repair. I'd try that before bothering to repair your game.
  • Moelbach
    Moelbach
    Soul Shriven
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Mine is currently sitting at 41.9 GB.

I have the Imperial City DLC, but that shouldn't make a difference to file size because even if you don't purchase DLC access, you still end up downloading all of the components for it.

I'm not sure what error message you are getting when it asks you to repair -- there is a common one on PC that occurs after a new patch where the game tells you that you need to repair, but you really don't. If this occurs you can close out of the launcher and restart ESO and the launcher will open as normal with the "play button" visible (sometimes this takes a few tries in a row). When this happens to me, the problem lasts until the next patch...But I never actually have to repair. I'd try that before bothering to repair your game.

Thanks for the answer.

I know about that error, but it's not quite the same as the one I'm getting. I'm not sure however if the supposed 'fix' works on on it, as haven't had any luck so far.

This is the error I'm experiencing.
    F61A6E5.png