Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Have motif's got rarer?

Adzer2
Adzer2
✭✭✭
Hi,
I have an interest in making my character a master crafter, so I need to learn all the motif's, I found all the alliance motifs fairly easily a few weeks ago but since the last update I have found none at all, rare or normal level ones, I literally went from finding 1 per hour to 1 per week (if I'm lucky)

Did the last patch make them rarer?
PS4 - EU - DC
Characters:
Adzer - Breton Templar
Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
Father Dori - Breton Templar
Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really seems like it did... i've been farming for daedric and ancient elf styles... have never found one yet. I've been going into the dwarven ruins type delves and checking every pot and urn you can open.... only found 1 dwarven book after maybe 15 runs
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really seems like it did... i've been farming for daedric and ancient elf styles... have never found one yet. I've been going into the dwarven ruins type delves and checking every pot and urn you can open.... only found 1 dwarven book after maybe 15 runs

Playing since launch, I've only ever found Ancient Elf once pre-DLC patch. With the exception of the Alliance Styles, which I find frequently), that one Ancient Elf is the only purple motif I've ever found and I do a lot of farming.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to space out your Dwemer Delving to about 30 minutes between runs for best chance to get a Chapter

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still drop. Just got a Daedric. But the loot tables are gigantic and RNG hates a lot of players.
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    I've gotten 3 Primals and 1 Barberic since the Imperial City update and that's going farming for about 1 to 2 hours every two days. I usually sell them at the guild store quick.
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still looting the regular motifs quite regularly while stealing at the tavern in Rawl'kha. At level 30, I'm looting a ton of green items, with a smattering of blue and purple to sweeten the pot.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    I've gotten 3 Primals and 1 Barberic since the Imperial City update and that's going farming for about 1 to 2 hours every two days. I usually sell them at the guild store quick.

Could you tell me where you found the barbaric motif , its the only one I need to find . Thanks.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you tell me where you found the barbaric motif , its the only one I need to find . Thanks.

Its purely random. You find the Barbaric in the Silver zones in the same types of containers that you find the other motifs in. To increase your chances find places that have lots of furniture in them.

Edited by Nestor on October 9, 2015 2:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since they removed or moved around all the ones in inner sea armature I still average 1 every other run. But before the IC update I got one every time I went through. I have all the dwemer motifs, so I'm not running it for those. But the scrap. And I average 1 a run. :(

@Adzer2
    But on topic with the thread, are you in a calwalls silver or gold? Because I have not found any in the veteran lvl areas.
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    @Paazhahdrimaak Cadwell Silver, but still not finding even duplicate alliance motifs in my starting area
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :(

Thinking about it now I have not seen them as often any more as well.
    I found one today, and thought, or has been a while.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    YES, and the reason is because they are selling motifs in the store.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    The basic motifs I find around one a day. But then again I can spend a few hours looking for things. Your best bet is Coldharbour. You can take everything without it counting as stwaling. Everything is free for the taking.