Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 10/15"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "ESO Live's Next Episode: 10/15."

Join us for an all new episode of ESO Live at a special time and date, Thursday, October 15 at 7PM EDT! For a full rundown of this week's show, check our show rundown linked above.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, to the 3 moons and back for finally having this when I am not at work :)

[EDIT] Are pet goats Soon™ or soon soon?
    Edited by MissBizz on October 14, 2015 9:24PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel to explain the upcoming Champion Point cap and catch-up systems.

Is his segment going to be limited to discussing the cap and catch up system? I hope not...
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What happened to the AUA section?

I can understand it not appearing for the special Orsinium announcement broadcast but why not now? Is it permanently gone?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel to explain the upcoming Champion Point cap and catch-up systems.

Is his segment going to be limited to discussing the cap and catch up system? I hope not...
    It will, but we'll have him back next week to discuss additional topics.

Iluvrien wrote: »

I can understand it not appearing for the special Orsinium announcement broadcast but why not now? Is it permanently gone?
    It's not permanently gone. Honestly, we just didn't have enough time to gather all the questions and answers this week. We'll do our best to bring it back for the next show, though. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not permanently gone. Honestly, we just didn't have enough time to gather all the questions and answers this week. We'll do our best to bring it back for the next show, though. :)

Thanks for the response, Gina!

It's nice to know that it will be making its return soon. It really is an important part of the show for some of us.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's nice to know that it will be making its return soon. It really is an important part of the show for some of us.

Not really as they barely pick questions that keep burning under our nails...

The most recent ESO Live episodes reminded me of watching politicians holding mindless speeches...
    No hot topics covered and the show more and more moved towards a "Yay, look at us we have plush mud crabs and hoorray for the new cat pet in crown store, how awesome is that? Go buy it now!"
    Edited by Legedric on October 15, 2015 6:57AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »

Not really as they barely pick questions that keep burning under our nails...

The most recent ESO Live episodes reminded me of watching politicians holding mindless speeches...
    No hot topics covered and the show more and more moved towards a "Yay, look at us we have plush mud crabs and hoorray for the new cat pet in crown store, how awesome is that? Go buy it now!"

You might note that I said that part was important, not any particular answer or set of answers. ;)

I find it to be important based on its possible capacity rather than its current use. Even now the answers are indicative. I tend to keep a close eye on the AUA thread to see what has been posted in the last week or so. Why? Because the questions that they intentionally choose not to address, or dance around the answer to, often give you as much information as the ones they answer in full. More sometimes.

Definitely could do with a dose of transparent honesty though... and I say that as someone who actually ran numbers in a London agency handling market research for several global brands. Customers, for some inexplicable reason, seem to love it when companies recognise that they are capable of some degree of cognitive reasoning...

... we know when you aren't answering a question ZOS. Sometimes we even have a idea of why. So do us all a favour and actually endeavour to answer the questions people actually ask.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Given the amount of questions that have been piling up, you really need to do an ESO Live that's only questions from the AUA thread ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get someone in to discuss the grinding.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ask us anything questions we have asked when there is no ask us anything in the bi weekly report are they kept some where and still checked or do we need to ask them again?

The ask us anything section tends to be the only part of the show I actually watch as I don't tend to like watching testers play the game or the spoliers when talking about new zones.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also like to know if we need to ask our questions again...
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ would be interested for you guys to discuss the "next" cap increase and how you see that going. As players who currently have over 500 points will instantly have a larger advantage over those that don't?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why the change of time just out of interest?

For us EU server peeps that's starting anywhere between midnight and 3 in the morning :(
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some sort of address/answer questions related to how many times they are posted on/discussed/replied to in forums.

There are a great many concerns that are discussed a great deal by players, and are completely ignored by speakers.

Oh, and try to keep the disparaging and mocking of players/questions a tad toned down, please. It would make these episodes much easier to watch.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    For us EU server peeps that's starting anywhere between midnight and 3 in the morning :(
    I hadn't even noticed that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ would be interested for you guys to discuss the "next" cap increase and how you see that going. As players who currently have over 500 points will instantly have a larger advantage over those that don't?
    That's something we plan to touch on this evening. :)

We had a stream last week, and didn't want to do two in the same week so we pushed it out. Bethesda does their stream every other Friday during our off-weeks, so chose Thursday as a courtesy. Since we're doing a different day, we thought we'd try out a different time as well.

newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'd like to see some sort of address/answer questions related to how many times they are posted on/discussed/replied to in forums.

There are a great many concerns that are discussed a great deal by players, and are completely ignored by speakers.
    We do try to answer questions and address issues based on forum thread activity, though we are limited sometimes. We answer what we can. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We had a stream last week, and didn't want to do two in the same week so we pushed it out. Bethesda does their stream every other Friday during our off-weeks, so chose Thursday as a courtesy. Since we're doing a different day, we thought we'd try out a different time as well.

Thanks for the reply Gina....

RE the time... if it ain't broke... ;)

Scheduling it when 95% of a whole megaserver is in bed asleep is a shame.

I know its hard to get a time when everybody can watch due to the time differences etc... but the old time struck a better balance I think.

Ahh well.... I'll just have to add some moonsugar to my coffee in the morning to wake me up! :D

Edited by Flaminir on October 15, 2015 5:00PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waaaaait a minute ...
    October 15th at 7:00PM EDT

That's at/past midnight in Europe. What gives?
    Was really looking forward to it but can't watch it then.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'd love to see @ZOS_RyanRuzich in on of these ESO live editions. You guys should let him out of the dungeon to see the sunlight for a change.

You've had art guys, audio guys, and the usuals but I don't think I've seen him yet.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talking about art to zone, will there be any hints about newer zones being worked on, or developing info about the zones we already know are in progress?
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New time is really bad for EU players, really bad time, especially in Thursday. Next day people have to go to work or study. For me ESO live starts at 2AM... not watching, I better choose good night sleep!
    Edited by Lettigall on October 15, 2015 6:17PM
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any update on jewelry crafting? Would we see it during Q1 next year? I've been saving gold jewelry from trials in anticipation and I'm starting to run out of space :(
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand the need for a whole show devoted to the cp cap. Its the next step I assume in getting rid of the vet rank system. Pretty straight forward.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'd love to see @ZOS_RyanRuzich in on of these ESO live editions. You guys should let him out of the dungeon to see the sunlight for a change.

You've had art guys, audio guys, and the usuals but I don't think I've seen him yet.

@Ezareth;2348557 Pretty sure he is on the guest list.. search up a post from Rich.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    We do try to answer questions and address issues based on forum thread activity, though we are limited sometimes. We answer what we can. :)
    [/quote]

Thanks for the response.

I understand that 1-time is limited, and 2-it may seem pointless to say (yet again) that such and so isn't coming/changing any time soon, but that aknowledgment is a crucial part of customer relations.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I watch this episode since Twitch channel is not working (stuck at this is a mature broadcast) and it is not on YouTube either?